MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Toddlers Mom Could Lose Custody Over Child Pagents

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Toddlers Mom Could Lose Custody Over Child Pagents  (Read 1361 times)

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
Toddlers Mom Could Lose Custody Over Child Pagents
« on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:38 AM »

Ok, I'm on the fence about this, but I'm leaning towards the fathers side.  I do think children are over sexualized in society and these pagents don't help.  I'm just curious as to what the parentst think about this.

Last year, pint-sized beauty queen Madisyn “Maddy” Verst sparked outrage when she appeared on TLC’s hit reality show “Toddlers & Tiaras” prancing around in a sparkly Dolly Parton outfit complete with padded breasts and backside.

The then five-year-old’s saucy shake and shimmy landed her on the cover People magazine, with the headline asking, “Gone Too Far?”

That question could be answered Friday, August 17 at 1pm EST when a court hearing is scheduled in Campbell County, Kentucky to decide who will be granted custody of Maddy, her mother, Lindsay Jackson, or father, Bill Verst, who has petitioned the court for full custody.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/08/17/toddlers-tiaras-mom-could-lose-custody-daughter-because-puts-her-in-pageants/
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Toddlers Mom Could Lose Custody Over Child Pagents
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 10:21:08 AM »

We did the pageant deals with our daughters......but my God were they different than what I see today.

I think it is disgusting what they have these little girls personifying in today's pageants.  Way too young!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 11:05:54 AM »

Good, I see nothing but wrong with these parades for pedophiles... :P
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 11:09:58 AM »

I agree.  I'm also curious if there have been any long term studies about the effects these pagents have on the children.  I understand beauty pagents for girls, but I don't understand why they are so sexualized. In addition, what kind of creep would want to judge one of these things?
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 11:54:05 AM »

I agree 100%! I would never, ever put my girls in that exposed position! Dressing them up in miniature adult gowns, slathering them in makeup, and parading them around for people to judge them?! NFW!!! I won't even allow them to wear pants with words across the seat (why would anyone want people to notice their child's bottom??). No crop tops or jeggins or anything else revealing or inappropriate for children, either. Little girls need to be little girls for as long as possible. There's plenty of time for them to be sex objects when they're grown. :0P

At the Fair, I saw a dance company that had little girls--tiny ones and up to about 10--dancing to 'Sexy and I Know It.' They were shaking their booties toward the audience and thrusting their hips.  ??? This same dance company is very involved in all the pageants and "Little Miss" contests in the area. I found every bit of it nauseating. All that stuff does is teach girls to be shallow and materialistic, IMO. Competing based on looks, going to great efforts to have others judge them based primarily on their looks, and having their parents heap the wrong kinds of attention on them will surely spoil and ruin that PERSON, IMO.

No thanks. My kids are plenty cute, but that's not all they are. If they are to compete, let it be with their physical and academic skills. Looks are the very least important attribute to a fine, well-rounded individual.

Reign71

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 12:23:19 PM »

Yes, I think it absolutely goes too far, in my opinion. I can't imagine even considering parading my daughters around like that, GROSS!

A dance company thinks it's "cute" to have little girls dancing to " I'm sexy and I know it"  GAH, this kind of crap infuriates me! I can't watch Toddlers & Tiaras, because it makes me so angry...

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 12:30:07 PM »

totally agree Monique.....I won't even allow my teenage daughters to wear underwear with stuff written on it!!!!! my 14 year-old and I have watched a couple of the toddlers and tiaras shows.....I was floored with the 'flippers' they put in their mouths to hide their baby teeth much less the fake tans, fake breasts, fake butts, fake hair etc....what kind of sick parent puts a toddler on display for the pervs of the world..... and frankly, the moms/aunts/friend/grandparents in the audience 'performing' the routine for the babies to copy is just as disgusting..... food for thought....on the one hand we have the moms who prostitute their daughters (and sons) for pageant wins and on the other hand we have moms who breast feed children til their ready for school......my mother taught us modesty in our person and the way we dress....thank God my girls and my son (other than his Goth period...LOL) have practiced what my husband and I taught them as well.....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 12:31:39 PM by tnweasel »
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne
Pages: [1]   Go Up