MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Kwame update

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Down

Author Topic: Kwame update  (Read 7999 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Kwame update
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2013, 10:33:49 AM »

It was obvious after the big flood in N.O. that Nagin had no business being the mayor let alone any other elective office.

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #121 on: January 19, 2013, 10:49:50 AM »

It appears that the Kilpatrick family did not consider moving to place with good public schools when they moved from Detroit.

Carlita Kilpatrick seeks contributions for family's tuition

more at:  http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20616939/carlita-kilpatrick-seeks-contributions-for-familys-tuition?obref=obinsite

Carlita wrote in a letter that "Tuition ... is $32,000 and we are receiving $13,500 in financial aid. We are still in need of about $20,000 and would like to ask you for some assistance  .... Any financial assistance you would be able to provide would be a blessing to us."

Before we discuss Carlita Kilpatrick's justification for her solicitation, we want to make it clear that no one is saying that her children are not entitled to a quality education.  This story is not about the kids.

It's about Kwame and Carlita Kilpatrick's continuing sense of entitlement and their continuing efforts to live beyond their means while hiding assets that could be used to pay off the $850,000 in restitution the former mayor still owes the City of Detroit.
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"A rising tide lifts all the boats." ~ President John F. Kennedy

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #122 on: January 19, 2013, 11:55:28 AM »

What does one expect the product of an "entitlement" party leader to do when they "leave office"?

When shakedowns are a part of your life and culture - it's a hard habit to break
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #123 on: January 19, 2013, 12:25:15 PM »

The audacity for them to even ask just simply astounds me.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2013, 12:06:17 AM »

Not me.  It's 'par for the course' as the old saying goes and I'd wager that she gets donations whether the kids go there or not.  Having brass balls (in this case brass panties) appears to be a Kilpatric trait.

With half the country playing the entitlement game, nothing suprises me.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2013, 10:39:18 AM »

The first question is why are they receiving $13,000 in financial aid?

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #126 on: January 25, 2013, 07:58:59 AM »

It appears that officials found that Kwame was getting numerous gifts of money and not reporting them.

Kwame Kilpatrick's parole violations to land him in prison

more at:   http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/20704566/kwame-kilpatricks-parole-violations-to-land-him-back-behind-bars

Kwame Kilpatrick's trip to pick up $2,000 at a Macomb County Walmart -- a story FOX 2 broke earlier this month -- will land the former mayor back in prison.

Kilpatrick will report to the Detroit Reentry Center after he gets out of federal court today to begin serving a weekend-long sentence.

The former mayor agreed to the stay behind bars after state officials charged him with 14 parole violations. The deal means Kilpatrick will avoid a parole hearing that could expose him to a longer return to prison.

Kilpatrick has been wearing a tether and living under virtual house arrest in his mother's home since we aired the video of the former mayor stopping by the Walmart in Chesterfield Township last month to cash a $2,000 wire transfer from Chicago Pastor Corey Brooks. Brooks told us he was responding to a solicitation letter Kilpatrick sent claiming that his family was going through hard times and needed financial assistance.

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #127 on: January 25, 2013, 09:09:48 AM »

not sure if I read that right.
???  so his violation is only a weekend in jail???

And what fool uses Moneygram at those rates!
(Unless you thought you were being "clever" and hiding $$)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #128 on: January 25, 2013, 09:32:39 AM »

not sure if I read that right.
???  so his violation is only a weekend in jail???

And what fool uses Moneygram at those rates!
(Unless you thought you were being "clever" and hiding $$)

Correct, just the weekend.   14 parole violations and Kwame is getting 2 days in jail.

They are still investigating and there will likely be more violations and jail time. 

I think that they are looking at his Paypal accounts too.

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #129 on: January 25, 2013, 09:47:19 AM »

Kwame is not a real "criminal". . . . otherwise he would have known it is best to use "loadable" gift cards that are not traceable. 

For everything else . . . VISA :-)
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #130 on: January 25, 2013, 09:49:58 AM »

You can bet that's what his lawyers probably told him...
after they get their "share"...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #131 on: January 26, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »

Old Kwam is in the slammer over the weekend.....

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #132 on: January 27, 2013, 05:56:26 AM »

The way his Fed trial is going, he best get used to it.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #133 on: January 27, 2013, 11:32:01 AM »

I'm sure other violators of Parole are going to be given this same sweet deal... 

BTW what do you think Kwame decided to eat:

Kilpatrick will be housed in a 7’6” by 11’ single cell the entire weekend and will have no out-of-cell activity, according to the MDOC. On tonight's menu Kilpatrick will have the following:
4 ounce baked fish with tartar sauce or a 6 ounce vegetable bean patty
Brown rice pilaf
Carrot and raisin salad
2 slices of wheat bread with butter
Banana or a slice of apple sauce cake
Skim milk or grape drink

Kilpatrick will be released from custody early Monday morning.

Read more: http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/local_news/investigations/kwame-kilpatrick-will-eat-fish-and-rice-in-an-isolated-cell-when-back-behind-bars-this-weekend#ixzz2JC656ohg
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #134 on: January 27, 2013, 11:37:40 AM »

He probably had Karmanos bring him a Porterhouse steak, twice baked potato and a bottle of vintage Sherry.....

It's not about what you are, it's about what you know..... ;D
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13   Go Up