MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Thoughts on effort to keep both Monroe County S/O deputies in Bedford Schools?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on effort to keep both Monroe County S/O deputies in Bedford Schools?  (Read 3057 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker

I disagree with your statement that Liberals created a discipline problem in schools. Too many parents are lazy and don't properly train their children to have respect nor hold them accountable at home. These parents rely on other people to do their dirty work, and that's why we have discipline problems in schools.

The words I used were chosen carefully to not make it a paddle or punishment issue, although if you go back to that era - you didn't see the smart mouths do it too many times like they tend to do now.

I said Liberals via many formats (ACLU/Courts for example) "created a system where accountability for actions wasn't taken into consideration."

Kids aren't allowed to fail - they just keep passing them up until they drop out.

The awaking for some is when they finally get in the real world (College/Job) - and then are accountable.   

The Liaison officer at most schools is the only other option of holding some kids accountable for their actions - be it a fight, drugs, or other actions.
As I stated you can't put a figure on prevented acts - but remove one from a school and after a period of time the need for one will start to show up.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.

Nothing YOU saw happened.

I don't think that you read my statement accurately. I saw a lot, I said I didn't see where they had a MAJOR impact.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker

Liason officers need to do a better job of protecting students from bad educators.

Why should the school have to foot the bill? It should be part of the jurisdiction.

Professor H

• Hero Talker

Liason officers need to do a better job of protecting students from bad educators.

Why should the school have to foot the bill? It should be part of the jurisdiction.

Parents need to be more involved to protect students from "bad" educators.
You didn't define "bad" so that can mean many different things, but parents are the first defense or should be!   

The liaison's were added because the road patrols in the area didn't have the time to spend doing the things a liaison does - because they had a "jurisdiction" to cover.
It's about money - and priorities, so individual school boards have to make the decision based on the information and background of their district.

They didn't just say "hey we got extra money - lets hire a liaison officer" when they started this years ago.
They saw a need that wasn't being fulfilled by the general jurisdiction patrols.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up