MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Science & Technology

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Science & Technology  (Read 32374 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Science & Technology
« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2018, 09:26:33 AM »

My Motorola Z spent most of the night downloading the 'update' to Oreo.  I just now finished the update itself.  I'll have to go do some exploring to see what the update has done. 

Usually when it updates then I have to download and install a lot of updates to the apps I have installed. 

Anyone had any issues with Oreo?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2018, 10:00:55 AM »

Only when i eat to many of them

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #362 on: July 08, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »

Only when i eat to many of them

I have similar issues with anything 'sweet' :) :) :)

So far I haven't had any major issues.  Several of the apps and links all shuffled around.  I really haven't gotten into looking for what the upgrade actually does.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Michigan mobile game makes players dodge potholes, deer and construction
« Reply #363 on: August 06, 2018, 07:24:47 PM »

I wasn't sure where to put this but I guess it goes on your phone so it's for sure 'technology' related!

https://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2018/08/michigan_mobile_game_makes_pla.html

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #364 on: September 08, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »

While I was in the Army we had the RedEye should fired missiles which were eventually upgraded to the Stinger missile system.  Some of those are still shoulder fired although they were also put in pods and mounted on mobile units.  They were reaching the end of their life span but with the advent of drone warfare it became vital that front line troops have a mobile and personal anti drone capability.  Rather than develop new it was decided to upgrade the Stinger system.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2018/09/07/us-army-close-to-green-lighting-extra-lethal-stinger-missiles/

Here's a video of an older Stinger shoulder fired missile in action.  Just an FYI...

if your neighbor is out playing with one of these don't just walk up behind it to see what's going on...  you may get the surprise of your life!

FIM 92 Stinger MANPADS Surface-To-Air Missile Shoots Down Drone

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #366 on: September 17, 2018, 09:10:22 AM »

Neat use for drones.

https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/2018/09/15/drone-army-is-ready-to-swoop-in-for-florence-power-recovery#gs.m1RocaU

Interesting how we've seen the overall technology evolve and develop in just a few short years.  Many wrote them off as a 'toy' but look what all they are doing with them now to include Fire, EMS, LE and the military! 

And also still a great toy (if not misused).

In 20 years (or less) they'll be zipping around delivering pizza and little spring you need from the hardware and who knows what else!?

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #367 on: September 17, 2018, 09:13:33 AM »

Wow,53 drone teams called in.  Talk about an explosion of an industry..
I know a kid that was in the Air Force for 4 years doing something fairly technical. He's out now and working for a drone company and he flys with the Air Force.  That's about all the info I get and that may have been more than what he should have told me

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #368 on: September 17, 2018, 09:15:20 AM »

The government will have to map out drone highways to avoid collisions

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #369 on: September 17, 2018, 09:35:55 AM »

The government will have to map out drone highways to avoid collisions

Already seeing collision avoidance tech on the ones my son flies.  That will advance quickly as well and the government will eventually keep them separated by elevation and pretty much like you say 'drone highways'. 

I'm sure there will be some comical collisions...   the day when my box of shredded wheat gets hit by your half gallon of milk!!!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #370 on: September 17, 2018, 10:03:04 AM »

Somebody will have breakfast then

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #371 on: September 17, 2018, 06:17:37 PM »

One would think that local LE and government agencies would sell off most of their helicopter fleets and buy drones for surveillance and tracking.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #372 on: October 04, 2018, 01:01:23 PM »

Probably won't because the depreciation curve on used aircraft is steep, especially second hand surplus ones.  Kallatta's yard up north is loaded with old aircraft.

When I taught at Owens, I took a truck up there and got a load of airline seats that Owens wanted for something and Kalatta was more than happy to get rid of them.  Lots of old obsolete non flying junk there.

Like the MWRAP's the government gave them away because the maintenance aspect was terrible so, give them to municipalities to take care of.  Problem is, there are no replacement parts available.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #373 on: November 06, 2018, 03:57:42 PM »

I have one of those Apple 6s phones that Apple slowly decreases life of the battery to where mine only held a charge for 4-5 hours.  A friend told me Apple replaced his battery for $30 and it's like new again.  So I had Apple replace mine yesterday.  The battery will not take a charge.  Prob stuck an old one in.  Have an appointment to take it back Wed at noon.  Awful nice of them to give me a bad batt then make me wait 2 days to check it

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #374 on: November 06, 2018, 06:21:23 PM »

I have one of those Apple 6s phones that Apple slowly decreases life of the battery to where mine only held a charge for 4-5 hours.  A friend told me Apple replaced his battery for $30 and it's like new again.  So I had Apple replace mine yesterday.  The battery will not take a charge.  Prob stuck an old one in.  Have an appointment to take it back Wed at noon.  Awful nice of them to give me a bad batt then make me wait 2 days to check it

Can't you replace the battery yourself?  I want a Galaxy Note but I'm too cheap to buy one.  I'm very happy with Boost 30 bucks a month 4G unlimited calling, text and data.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up