MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Neuroscientist sees Heaven

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neuroscientist sees Heaven  (Read 1617 times)

Flanders

• Hero Talker
Neuroscientist sees Heaven
« on: October 25, 2012, 09:00:41 AM »

Interesting..

Is his story more credible because he is a Neuroscientist?

http://gma.yahoo.com/heaven-real-saw-scientist-says-183522717--abc-news-health.html

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
Re: Neuroscientist sees Heaven
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »

No.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 03:32:06 PM »

I think that if it is possible to "see heaven" without dying, it doesn't take a neuroscientist to make the claim credible.

But I do like the fact that he is able to explain from a medical perspective why, with his brain chemistry and function, he should not have had the ability to perceive anything or remember the experience.

AngelaK

• Hero Talker
  • Justice for Julia!!
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 03:51:32 PM »

Awesome story.  Having just lost my husband two months ago, this story was very comforting to me.

Thanks for posting!

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 04:01:08 PM »

Awesome story.  Having just lost my husband two months ago, this story was very comforting to me.

Thanks for posting!

Glad it helped! 

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2012, 08:10:47 AM »

I think that if it is possible to "see heaven" without dying, it doesn't take a neuroscientist to make the claim credible.

But I do like the fact that he is able to explain from a medical perspective why, with his brain chemistry and function, he should not have had the ability to perceive anything or remember the experience.

Regardless some abnormal experience cannot prove or disprove the existence of heaven.  He has no reference of the time frame the experience happened so it could have been when he was coming out of a coma.  It could be the same phenomenom that happens when people think they are being abducted by aliens..  Being in the hospital with bright lights could trigger dream like images that could resemeble the heaven of popular culture.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »

For me here, the point was not to "prove" heaven, as I don't think that is possible.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2012, 07:30:14 PM »

I saw heaven once back in 1975 when doing chemicals that had a name so long that I can't remember it.  Anyway, when I looked in the door all I could see was what appeared to be over 24 Kim Kardashians.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up