MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Is it 'time' to end Daylight Savings Time?

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is it 'time' to end Daylight Savings Time?  (Read 2536 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Is it 'time' to end Daylight Savings Time?
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2015, 07:55:22 AM »

I heard on the news this morning that a Legislator in Ohio has sponsored a bill to remove Ohio from DST...

here's an article from a Michigan Legislator in A2 that supports repealing it in Michigan:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/12/michigan-legislator-proposes-ending-daylight-saving-time/70196762/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2015, 09:02:02 AM »

I heard on the news this morning that a Legislator in Ohio has sponsored a bill to remove Ohio from DST...

here's an article from a Michigan Legislator in A2 that supports repealing it in Michigan:

http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/03/12/michigan-legislator-proposes-ending-daylight-saving-time/70196762/

It is about time!   I am having the worst time adjusting to this change.   My internal clock has no reset this year. 

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2015, 09:06:26 AM »

X2!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »

It is about time!   I am having the worst time adjusting to this change.   My internal clock has no reset this year.

I don't care if they want to 'shift' us to the central time zone (part of the UP hangs over there anyway) but just quit with the changing back and forth all the time!!!

Just another form of messing with Mother Nature!!!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2015, 09:17:59 AM »

Michigan legislator proposes ending daylight saving time

LANSING, Mich. (AP) - A state legislator aims to eliminate daylight saving time in Michigan, the standard that calls for clocks to be moved forward an hour in spring and back an hour in fall.

Ann Arbor Democratic Rep. Jeff Irwin introduced legislation Wednesday that would direct the state to follow the standard time of the zone in which it is located.

Irwin cites "well-documented" accidents and heart attacks in the days after the spring shift. He also says daylight saving time is supposed to save energy, but evidence from Indiana's 2006 changeover found an increase in electricity usage.

The Alaska Senate voted overwhelmingly Wednesday to eliminate daylight saving time in the state. The bill passed 16-4 and now goes to Alaska's House.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/mar/12/michigan-legislator-proposes-ending-daylight/
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2018, 12:52:28 PM »

It's about time to 'spring ahead' again (this weekend) so it's time to ask again just 'why' we go through this exercise every year!

Some good points from Reader's Digest:

https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/why-daylight-saving/1/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2018, 01:07:58 PM »

It plays havoc with my Outlook Calendar where manufacturing locations do not use DST.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2018, 12:09:02 PM »

Well, it started again this morning!

We went out to dinner and got home late so we just did the kitchen clocks and went to bed. 

No alarm plus I was taking some good cough medicine so I slept like a baby way past my normal 'wake up' time. 

Now to get outside later this afternoon and 'enjoy' that 'extra' hour 8) 8) 8)

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »

Maybe Trump is the guy to get it done. Nobody else has cared for 50 years..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2018, 05:49:27 PM »

Maybe Trump is the guy to get it done. Nobody else has cared for 50 years..

I honestly don't ever recall seeing anything about his position on DST.  It's a passion of mine so pretty sure I would have remembered if I'd seen it.  I will keep my eyes open though.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2018, 06:17:17 PM »

I don't recall any position he's taken either. But if he decided it's time to go it might happen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up