MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Did you know....

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29   Go Down

Author Topic: Did you know....  (Read 19592 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Did you know....
« Reply #225 on: December 18, 2012, 08:03:16 PM »

Maybe a few of our retired firefighters on the forum can add to this story?   ;)

I don't think this is what you had in mind...

DStv Fire station Pole dancing Commercial
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #226 on: December 18, 2012, 08:11:31 PM »

I don't think this is what you had in mind...

DStv Fire station Pole dancing Commercial
If I were a betting man, I'd bet you're right.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #227 on: December 18, 2012, 08:18:09 PM »

Like I said earlier.....what a waste for a nice brass pole!   ;D
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #228 on: December 18, 2012, 08:26:06 PM »

Here's some history from a wiki article...   not sure how accurate it is because I see one glaring error...   they say pole dancing didn't move into strip clubs until the 1980s...

I know I've s...   err...  heard about it in clubs around here before that 8* 8* 8*

Pole dancing can be traced back more than two thousand years, to sports that were only participated in by men. Mallakhamb [7] is an Indian sport, which utilizes the same principles of endurance and strength as pole, using a wooden pole, wider in diameter than a modern standard pole, which has a large wooden ball at the top. Chinese pole also has a male dominated history, using two poles, on which men would perform “gravity defying tricks” as they leapt from pole to pole, at approximately twenty feet in the air. The dancing, which has been utilized in strip clubs in the erotic version of the sport, was initially part of dances performed in matriarchal societies, performed by women for women, and not as an erotic act for men.[8] In the 1920’s, traveling circuses and side shows would utilize pole dancing with a pole in the middle of a tent. Eventually the activity moved from tents to bars, and combined with burlesque dance aspects, but did not move into erotic or strip tease territory until the 1980’s, first in Canada, then the United States. [9]

In the 1990’s, Fawnia Mondey Dietrich began teaching pole dancing as an art and fitness. In the last twenty years, pole dancing classes have emerged as a popular form of recreational and competitive sport. K.T. Coates, a famed competitive pole dancer, and the International Pole Dancing Federation, are currently behind a campaign to include competitive pole dance in the Olympics in 2016. Numerous competitions exist, including the World Pole Sport Championship, U.S. Pole Federation Championship, and International Pole Masters Cup Championship. [10]

Above from:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_dance

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #229 on: December 20, 2012, 10:34:19 AM »

Like I said earlier.....what a waste for a nice brass pole!   ;D
LOL   I had many "friends" that wanted to know if they could slide down the pole.
I generally told them the proper attire found at "other places with poles" was the only way I could allow it...   ;)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #230 on: December 20, 2012, 10:52:04 AM »

Did you know in the movie Backdraft... 

There was a steamy love scene between Brian (Baldwin) and Jennifer (Jennifer Jason Leigh) on top of the Fire Engine

I'm pretty sure after this movie that was re-enacted across the US   ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #231 on: December 20, 2012, 05:08:27 PM »

Some pet lovers go to a lot of extreme...   even famous ones:

Sylvester Stallone had to sell his dog for $50 to sustain, he finally sold the script of Rocky for $25,000, bought his dog back for $15,000

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #232 on: December 20, 2012, 05:10:29 PM »

Did you know in the movie Backdraft... 

There was a steamy love scene between Brian (Baldwin) and Jennifer (Jennifer Jason Leigh) on top of the Fire Engine

I'm pretty sure after this movie that was re-enacted across the US   ;D

I thought that was why they call it a 'hose bed' Professor ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #233 on: December 20, 2012, 05:26:22 PM »

I decided to 'fact check' the story on Sylvester Stallone and the dog...

very interesting story overall:  http://totalrocky.com/cast/butkus

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #234 on: December 20, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »

According to a British superstition, saying Rabbit, Rabbit, Rabbit right after waking up on the morning of the 1st of the month, bring luck.
My grandfather would always look at a 'lucky' rabbit's foot and ask "if they're so lucky why is the rabbit dead" :o :o :o

Marijuana was used as a “truth serum” on the people under investigation, by an American intelligence agency, in the early 1940s.

Stethoscopes were originally invented by doctors so they could stop from putting their ears against a woman’s boobs.
Why :-\ :-\ :-\

Tonight Mayans would be preparing for the new year celebrations, not the end of the World, if they would exist today.
Makes sense to me 8) 8) 8)

A village in the Peruvian Andes celebrates Christmas by organizing a festival, Takanakuy, in which everyone gets drunk and beat each other.
Sounds like the last few days around MT :( :( :(

According to Mayans calendar the actual date of an apocalypse is October 21, 4772, lies more than 2500 years in the future.
Well I guess I can wait for that too!!!

The risk of heart attack and stroke in men can be reduced by 50% by simply having sex three times a week, a study suggests.
So at six times a week it should be down to zero then ??? ??? ???

According to Albert Einstein if the honey bees were suddenly disappeared from the earth, humans would see an apocalypse with in 4 years.
I'll bet he's closer than the Mayan thing is :P :P :P

Only 2 out of 1500 Mayan documents have mentioned the December 21 apocalypse.
You'd think they'd have written it down more if it was so!

Candiru, a fish found in the Amazon, can swim up the stream of your urine while you are peeing in the water and enter your penis.
Glad they don't have those in the River Raisin :o :o :o

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:04 PM »

An Australian court has ruled that a woman who was injured while having sex in her hotel room during a business trip is eligible for workers' compensation, The Australian reports.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2012, 02:04:51 PM »

LMAO....I picked up on that a few days back on my Fark reader.  That was a great story......and just when I think "our" court system is screwed up by the backlog of civil suits.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #237 on: December 29, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »

2013 will be the first year since 1987 to …?

......have 4 different numbers.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #238 on: December 30, 2012, 09:00:40 PM »

The most famous of all New Year's Day parades, The Tournament of Roses, dates back before the turn of the last century in 1890.

The first Rose Bowl Game was played in 1902 but then it didn't happen again until 1916, when it finally stuck and eventually became a yearly tradition.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #239 on: December 31, 2012, 04:48:23 PM »

Donald Duck comics were once banned from Finland because Donald doesn't wear pants.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 29   Go Up