MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Wal-Mart workers begin Black Friday disruptions

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Wal-Mart workers begin Black Friday disruptions  (Read 7909 times)

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
Re: Wal-Mart workers begin Black Friday disruptions
« Reply #150 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:08 AM »

How is what I'm saying lunacy?

Believing the tenets of the phantasm of Marxism are somehow applicable to (or even supercede) actual contract law in the US is lunacy par excellence.  Thank you for the example.
Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #151 on: November 27, 2012, 11:55:34 AM »

How is what I'm saying lunacy?  I have simply stated that the workers are the priority of the business and are allowed to protest without retaliation by their employers.  I have no problems with people making large sums of money provided they ensure the welfare of their employees is the first priority.

Have you been following the fire overseas that killed 112 employees of the Walmart garment 'factory'...

They had the exit doors locked shut and when the fire alarms first went off the supervisors told everyone to go back to their sewing machines!!!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #152 on: November 27, 2012, 11:59:30 AM »

I didn't hear that BRD.  I'll look it up, but it doesnt surprise me that walmart would have a supplier that is essentially a sweat shop.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"Prayer is nothing more than bargain basement anger." A. LaVey

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
Grayson: Walmart is ‘the largest recipient of public aid in the country’
« Reply #153 on: November 27, 2012, 12:26:59 PM »

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/27/grayson-walmart-is-the-largest-recipient-of-public-aid-in-the-country/#.ULTd9a51kLh.twitter

“The taxpayer pays for the earned income credit,” he said. “The taxpayer pays for Medicaid. The taxpayer pays for unemployment insurance when they cut hours down. And the taxpayer pays for other forms of public assistance like food stamps. I think the taxpayer is getting fed up of paying these things when, in fact, Walmart could give every employee its got, even the CEO, a 30 percent raise and still be profitable.”

The emphasis is mine.  More at the above link.
For those who have problems with my posts, please feel free to fill out the form at the link below and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGF4UVJ5UmpZLUhzX0dMNEotSEljTXc6MQ

Ignorance is only blissful for the ignorant.  The rest of us have to put up with you idiots.

"A christian telling an atheist he is going to hell is about as scary as a small child telling an adult they won't get any presents from santa." - R. Gervais

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #154 on: November 27, 2012, 01:03:24 PM »

Isn't great to live in a "country" where if we don't like some corporation's policies we can't be required to shop there or to work there or to extol their virtues?!  Where if we aren't under contract to them we are free to protest, and boycott, and encourage others to do likewise?  Thank God!!  In atheistic Marxist countries none of those things were/are possible - one has to drudge to work where the komissar says to, has to produce what the manager demands in an environment he provides, purchase what the oligarchy sees fit to offer and keep one's trap shut the whole time, under pain of death.  Yea for options!!
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #155 on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:06 PM »

Yes, which is why I don't shop at walmart or buy apple products.  What I'm attempting to do is fight for the working class and reduce the gap between the rich and the poor.  Your way of thinking allows for monopolies which will then contol the people by limiting their choices.  Unfortunately there are too many uninformed people, such as yourself,  out there.   When your corporate masters have full control of your life, you will probably still be singing their prasises while you toil as their indentured servant.

forever39

• Hero Talker
« Reply #156 on: November 27, 2012, 02:04:53 PM »

Bangladesh has over 4,000 garment factories - any article of clothing you buy in any store (Gap, H&M, Wal-Mart, etc.) coming from Bangladesh will be made in factories just like this one, as well as many sports figures & so-called "stars" lines of clothing.  Little or no enforcement of safety laws, overcrowding & locked fire doors are common in almost all these factories according to news reports I've heard.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending Wal-Mart; just pointing out that many other retailers sell items produced under these same conditions.  I also read somewhere that at least 500 people have died in these kinds of fires since 1998; this one had the largest death toll, thereby receiving more news coverage.

Forsythia

• Hero Talker
« Reply #157 on: November 27, 2012, 02:10:42 PM »

Bangladesh has over 4,000 garment factories - any article of clothing you buy in any store (Gap, H&M, Wal-Mart, etc.) coming from Bangladesh will be made in factories just like this one, as well as many sports figures & so-called "stars" lines of clothing.  Little or no enforcement of safety laws, overcrowding & locked fire doors are common in almost all these factories according to news reports I've heard.  Don't get me wrong - I'm not defending Wal-Mart; just pointing out that many other retailers sell items produced under these same conditions.  I also read somewhere that at least 500 people have died in these kinds of fires since 1998; this one had the largest death toll, thereby receiving more news coverage.

This is why I am careful of where I shop.  I make sure to do everything in my power to buy items that are not made in these kinds of conditions.

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #158 on: November 27, 2012, 03:56:15 PM »

Have you been following the fire overseas that killed 112 employees of the Walmart garment 'factory'...

They had the exit doors locked shut and when the fire alarms first went off the supervisors told everyone to go back to their sewing machines!!!

Before we throw the baby out with the bathwater... it was a factory that supplies garments to Wal-Mart... not a "Wal-Mart" factory.  The factory surely does work for other retailers, the fact of the matter is, the factory most likely does not even sell directly to ANY retailer, they will sell to a wholesaler who then moves the products forward.

Wal-Mart has about as much to say about working conditions in these places as they do about the amount of fertilizer the farmer who grows the canned corn it sells puts on thier fields.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #159 on: November 27, 2012, 04:54:49 PM »

They have 4000 factories over there, whether Walmarts buys from them or not these fires will still happen.

"Wal-Mart has said the Tazreen factory was making clothes for the retail giant without its knowledge. Wal-Mart, which had received an audit deeming the factory "high risk" last year, said it had decided to stop doing business with Tazreen, but that a supplier subcontracted work to the factory anyway. Wal-Mart said it stopped working with that supplier on Monday.

Phil Robertson, deputy director of Human Rights Watch's Asia division, blames a "nexus of influence" between senior government officials and factory owners that "allows impunity to flourish." Until that changes, he said, government vows to improve safety should be treated with skepticism.

"Six months or eight months down the road, if history is any indication, we will have another factory fire, and more workers will be killed," he said."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/11/27/bangladesh-workers-hope-deadly-clothing-factory-fire-will-bring-change-to-labor/#ixzz2DSiwhgrs

Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #160 on: November 27, 2012, 10:12:22 PM »

Yes, which is why I don't shop at walmart or buy apple products.
Nor do I, and encourage other people to do likewise where they appear to be receptive.
What I'm attempting to do is fight for the working class and reduce the gap between the rich and the poor.
No.  Your'e quoting marxist tenets to cure what you perceive to be evils in the world, which have already proving themselves indefensible in practice.
Your way of thinking allows for monopolies which will then contol the people by limiting their choices.
"My" way of thinking?  Hmm.  I thought acknowledging reality was far preferable to living in a non-existent marxist utopia.
Unfortunately there are too many uninformed people, such as yourself,  out there.
Oh, please do some informing then.  I'm always open to suggestions of where my knowledge base might be lacking.
When your corporate masters have full control of your life, you will probably still be singing their prasises while you toil as their indentured servant.
Ah, but I have no human masters, whether commercial or statist, but I presume you have both.  Never assume you're talking to someone whose life is as pathetic as your own appears to be or who shares your muddled panaceas for all the world's problems.  Some of us are enjoying far greater freedoms than you errantly believe you possess...and a far less stressful life not putting our noses in other people's business, where they do not belong.

So, I believe some asiatic sweatshop had a little fire and some of their peons were roasted recently.  wtf does that have to do with Walmart employees threatening to do harm to their masters on "black Friday?"
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #161 on: November 27, 2012, 10:37:35 PM »

Why Workers Are Striking

"The National Labor Relations Board said it is unlikely to make any decision before Thursday's Thanksgiving Holiday on Wal-Mart Stores Inc's push to stop protests and rallies outside its stores, the U.S. labor board said on Tuesday.

At the same time, OUR Walmart, the organization that has been staging the protests filed its own charge with the NLRB, saying Wal-Mart was illegally attempting to deter workers from participating in strikes against the world's largest retailer on Friday.

The immediate issue is whether workers will be able to stage major protests at Walmart discount stores on "Black Friday," the day after Thanksgiving that is traditionally the busiest shopping day of the year."*

Steve Oh (COO of The Young Turks) and Jimmy Dore (The Jimmy Dore Show) discuss the reason why employees are striking and how the Waltons got rich because of it.

Walmart Black Friday- Why Workers Are Striking
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #162 on: November 27, 2012, 10:39:03 PM »

Why...

Wal-Mart Workers Prepare to Strike
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #163 on: November 27, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »

Noticed something by accident when my cursor was left over some junk ads from Walmart in my email box....it said "Josue Parra"
John Stuart Mill

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #164 on: November 28, 2012, 02:17:18 AM »

Let us not lose sight of the intended purpose of the walkouts (the ones that did not happen) and those that posted in their favor.  The unionization of Wal-Mart in a shameless effort to bolster the union rosters.

This entire thread is just another sick twisted ploy to make the everyday American feel pity for the poor simple Wal-Mart employee.  Union proponents will say the Wally World EE is afraid of reprocussion... I submit the Wal-Mart rank and file are telling the unions to F off!
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 14   Go Up