MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Sequestration

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53   Go Down

Author Topic: Sequestration  (Read 23340 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Fiscal Cliff
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2013, 09:50:42 PM »

Why would you insinuate that.  You and live go around driving people off with bully tactics to win.  It doesn't matter what any discussion could be.  So, why can't I say that Live won and drove off discussion?

Duck,

How did I bully Lilly?

I agreed with many of her points, disagreed with others.

If we can't do those simple things what is the point of having a board at all?

I used to really enjoy and think about your posts, but lately not so much. 

I am hoping we get back to discussion again soon.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:02 PM »

Duck,

How did I bully Lilly?

I agreed with many of her points, disagreed with others.

If we can't do those simple things what is the point of having a board at all?

I used to really enjoy and think about your posts, but lately not so much. 

I am hoping we get back to discussion again soon.
Okay, sure, there you go.  You win, whatever it is you say.  It was real important to spend numerous pages with ranting that a temporary anything like a store sale is really a permanent price drop for a week and a permanent price increase later.  What did you prove in all that?

TEMPORARY still means temporary, no matter that you beat the heck out of it being an increase.  What DISCUSSION did you get?
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2013, 09:58:22 PM »

Bull!

That is a myth spread by big government cheerleaders who would have you believe that people couldn't possibly take care of themselves without the pyramid scheme called Social Security.

We will see what happens when the government doesn't come through, and that day is coming.
I suppose you expect those nursing homes to keep those people there for free?
Contestant 1: I'll take "Emotions of the Conservatives" for 1000 Alex.
Alex Trebek: These two emotions are the bane of Conservative existence.

Contestant 1: What are "empathy and compassion?"
Alex Trebek: "You're right for $1000"

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2013, 10:05:29 PM »

And there ya go.  You proved you are right Livewire.  You told him.  Just like you said, you are right and she is wrong. 

Him?  She?  Which is it?  Is he transgender now?   :o

So, what was it you bullied her into anyway, because I can't find the question that you demanded she was wrong with.  It was also very confusing when you and Monroe Native talk as if you are the same person bullying lilly.

You seem to be easily confused, duck.  The only thing I "bullied" her into was answering a very simple question, pertaining to the subject. 

I'm sorry Lilly didn't answer right away, but that wasn't my doing.

If you want, you can go back and read the question for yourself.
Annoy a liberal.  Buy a gun!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2013, 10:08:55 PM »

I suppose you expect those nursing homes to keep those people there for free?

Lilly,

This is an argument I can't win, and I certainly don't want to get accused of bullying you.

Before Medicare existed people got old and died, and they had medical care during that process.

I assume that without Medicare people would continue to find ways to take care of themselves.

I assume that without Social Security people would have found ways to take care of themselves in retirement and if they got disabled.

I assume most of us could do this for far less then the payroll taxes the government charge us in return for promising this safety net.

This is hard for me to prove since generations of citizens have been promised Medicare and Social Security, and have planned on it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:24 PM »

Him?  She?  Which is it?  Is he transgender now?   :o

You seem to be easily confused, duck.  The only thing I "bullied" her into was answering a very simple question, pertaining to the subject. 

I'm sorry Lilly didn't answer right away, but that wasn't my doing.

If you want, you can go back and read the question for yourself.

I went back to page 13 and still saw no question, but hey, I am just stupid according to you anyway so what does that prove.
See how easy it is?  I make a grammar error and everything I said is wrong per your excellent logical skills.  You win again.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2013, 10:35:22 PM »

I went back to page 13 and still saw no question, but hey, I am just stupid according to you anyway so what does that prove.
See how easy it is?  I make a grammar error and everything I said is wrong per your excellent logical skills.  You win again.

Duck,

Please step back and take a look at your posts from an objective standpoint.  To me you are ranting.  This is not the clear, logical posts I came to like from you. 

What changed????
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2013, 10:43:13 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with people counting on Medicare and Social  security.  I worker for 40+ yrs   and paid into both.  It's not right that the government stole the the money for pet projects.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2013, 10:47:07 PM »

Duck,

Please step back and take a look at your posts from an objective standpoint.  To me you are ranting.  This is not the clear, logical posts I came to like from you. 

What changed????

Yeah, it is difficult of me to assume that somewhere in all the demands for an answer to a question that one could find a question.  It proves me stupid for going back 3 pages and not finding one.

Hurray you won again.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2013, 10:48:49 PM »

Yeah, it is difficult of me to assume that somewhere in all the demands for an answer to a question that one could find a question.  It proves me stupid for going back 3 pages and not finding one.

Hurray you won again.

What did I win?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2013, 10:50:03 PM »

I don't see anything wrong with people counting on Medicare and Social  security.  I worker for 40+ yrs   and paid into both.  It's not right that the government stole the the money for pet projects.

I totally agree. 

It is always wrong to make promises and not deliver on them.

It is criminal to steal from one purpose and spend it on another.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2013, 10:50:23 PM »

What complicates the problem more is that it seems a lot of the "fix" of the national debt is to eliminate what the government owes back to SS that it borrowed.  Change the retirement age or limit cola and bingo, you don't have to pay back that money until the next time they want to change the retirement age up.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2013, 10:51:15 PM »

I totally agree. 

It is always wrong to make promises and not deliver on them.

It is criminal to steal from one purpose and spend it on another.

It isn't stealing for SS to buy treasury bonds. 

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2013, 10:55:55 PM »

Lilly,

This is an argument I can't win, and I certainly don't want to get accused of bullying you.

Before Medicare existed people got old and died, and they had medical care during that process.

I assume that without Medicare people would continue to find ways to take care of themselves.

I assume that without Social Security people would have found ways to take care of themselves in retirement and if they got disabled.

I assume most of us could do this for far less then the payroll taxes the government charge us in return for promising this safety net.

This is hard for me to prove since generations of citizens have been promised Medicare and Social Security, and have planned on it.
You make a lot of assumptions.

When is the last time you went to a nursing home? What do you know about them? How many people are there because their families can't take care of them let alone take care of themselves? How do you think these places stay in business? What makes you think the people that reside in these homes are going to miraculously be cured of Alzheimer or dementia and be able to make financial decisions for themselves?

I know, it's a lot of questions. I have been to a nursing home lately. The only way they stay in business is because they collect both the medicare coverage and their residents social security checks and pay their orderlies diddly squat and try and keep staffing to as low as legally possible.

Sometimes lower.

If they don't make a big enough profit, they close shop. Pull social security and medicare and where are you going to put all these people?

If you think there aren't all that many, consider looking online for nursing homes near you. Then imagine all the nursing homes nationwide.

Especially Florida.

Even in the best of times, planning your retirement package can be rocky. Many have taken a 50% cut in their 401ks and other options.

And that is for the people who can AFFORD to make planning. Most are just getting by on minimum wage, because that's all the work they can find.

Yes, it would be great if everyone had the money to make investments, and those investments always proved to be profitable.

But that isn't reality.

Social security was created for a reason. Do a bit of research and find out why.

lilly

• Hero Talker
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2013, 10:58:06 PM »

Uh, everything I have posted had facts to back it up.
Ah there's the problem.

This is the Fiscal Cliff topic, not the gun laws topic.

I haven't seen you post any facts in here.

Just opinion.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 53   Go Up