MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Fun & Games > I was here I am gone

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: I was here I am gone  (Read 4189 times)

Ash Williams

• Hero Talker
I was here I am gone
« on: December 29, 2012, 12:22:59 AM »

Maybe nobody wants to hear what someone new has to say.  I signed up a long time ago and most just read.  Do you all really like the creepy way you all are?  Is it some game I am missing?  This Monroe Native seems like he must be a smart guy it is a shame he only uses it to be an internet bully to insult and pump up the hate.  Is it supposed to be like a inside joke that he posts really flaming ad hominems and then scream at others for minor ones?  His are like mountains to other peeps hills of Kansas so I guess I must miss the joke.  The livewire character also must be an inside joke because he seems to me to be mean and hateful and would rather insult than listen to anything anyone says, that is unless he turns it on its head to spread more hate around in a bunch of topics.  What is the joke I miss?  The sidecartfilpflop is so much a cartoon that no one can be that insulting or hateful but I miss the joke you all seem to like around here.  Lily seems smart but misses meaning a lot especially with the JBS90210 who does the same thing.  Is that some long standing joke that I missed?  Sammy and Baggins like man get some help.  Like you both go off on people like you have high blood pressure through the roof.  Both of you seem to have short fuses that go off on peeps when they don’t even deserve it.  Or maybe I miss the joke of this place.  Ducksoup you are like split personality, good posts and then play the same hate and insult as the others.  Make up your mind dude.  Monicle seems just as split personality as Ducksoup.
Maybe I miss the joke but to me it is the same as Washington.  The idiots on one side are so bankrupt that they cry death panels rather than work together.  Just same here no way to talk so make stuff up and attack.  You complain nothing gets done and sit here and can’t even talk civil to each other. 
I don’t get the joke of the attacking of the frenchfried when he seems like a boy scout compared to Monroe Native, Livewire and sidecartflipflop. 
I thought this would be a nice place to talk about things and saw some nice convo that I almost talked on but then the stupid hit the fan and insults flew like the inside joke I miss.  But I will be honest I am no masochist and do not want to put up with the hate and insults.  Maybe because you know the inside joke it is all okay with you, but not with me.  Your idea of fun is no fun to me.
For sure this dump has no moderators and the insane run the asylum.
So I say to you all hello and goodby.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: I was here I am gone
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 07:50:17 AM »

This should make for some good weekend fodder!

Some of you are very good at picking up on writing styles and tying it back to a current or past board poster....not sure I see that in this case, but I have never been good at figuring it out.

The forum is what it is......vocal, intelligent folks for the most part that have opposing views on damn near every topic as a result of being right, left, D, or R.  Natural IMO.  It does often digress into trading insults and personal attacks.....I know that is when I will usually stop posting in a thread and just read over the parts where it progresses into childish insults.

Personally, I don't care to argue here.  I get my fill of that in the workplace, and after 35 years of marriage if I feel the need for lively debate I can get that right here at home by bringing up that toilet paper needs to be put on the dispenser such that it rolls over the top, kitchen cabinets should stay as organized instead of stuff just thrown into them, or simply just ask the question if she thought I drank too much in our early years.

I enjoy the wit exhibited here between some of you.....especially when insulting or arguing a point.  I steal a lot of those lines and use them in the workplace.  The childish stuff I just read past and ignore.

Opposing points of view is as natural as the desire of crawling into that back seat for the first time.....not an issue.  I no longer align myself politically with either major party so I seldom argue party platforms, and I am generally near the center on Righty versus Lefty issues.  I enjoy reading and learning where both sides are coming from here and once or twice have been swayed to change my view on certain topics.  That is the part I enjoy most about the forum.....plus just general conversation outside of politics.

Ya all have a good weekend, and enjoy tearing the first 2 posts apart in this new thread.   ;)

Some fresh snow out this morning.....time to let Sadie go out and enjoy it.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 08:00:13 AM »

I did find the choice of posting to the "fun & games" board interesting :) :) :)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 08:04:14 AM »

LOL, yea, I noticed that as well.

I think it is appropriate though for some of our posters who enjoy the game of insult exchanges.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2012, 08:10:11 AM »

Maybe nobody wants to hear what someone new has to say.  I signed up a long time ago and most just read.  Do you all really like the creepy way you all are?  Is it some game I am missing?  This Monroe Native seems like he must be a smart guy it is a shame he only uses it to be an internet bully to insult and pump up the hate.  Is it supposed to be like a inside joke that he posts really flaming ad hominems and then scream at others for minor ones?  His are like mountains to other peeps hills of Kansas so I guess I must miss the joke.  The livewire character also must be an inside joke because he seems to me to be mean and hateful and would rather insult than listen to anything anyone says, that is unless he turns it on its head to spread more hate around in a bunch of topics.  What is the joke I miss?  The sidecartfilpflop is so much a cartoon that no one can be that insulting or hateful but I miss the joke you all seem to like around here.  Lily seems smart but misses meaning a lot especially with the JBS90210 who does the same thing.  Is that some long standing joke that I missed?  Sammy and Baggins like man get some help.  Like you both go off on people like you have high blood pressure through the roof.  Both of you seem to have short fuses that go off on peeps when they don’t even deserve it.  Or maybe I miss the joke of this place.  Ducksoup you are like split personality, good posts and then play the same hate and insult as the others.  Make up your mind dude.  Monicle seems just as split personality as Ducksoup.
Maybe I miss the joke but to me it is the same as Washington.  The idiots on one side are so bankrupt that they cry death panels rather than work together.  Just same here no way to talk so make stuff up and attack.  You complain nothing gets done and sit here and can’t even talk civil to each other. 
I don’t get the joke of the attacking of the frenchfried when he seems like a boy scout compared to Monroe Native, Livewire and sidecartflipflop. 
I thought this would be a nice place to talk about things and saw some nice convo that I almost talked on but then the stupid hit the fan and insults flew like the inside joke I miss.  But I will be honest I am no masochist and do not want to put up with the hate and insults.  Maybe because you know the inside joke it is all okay with you, but not with me.  Your idea of fun is no fun to me.
For sure this dump has no moderators and the insane run the asylum.
So I say to you all hello and goodby.

Well Ash...   may I call you Ash?   I think I may have gone to high school with your older sister... 

anyway, glad you finally joined the 'active posters' roster.  Of course we always enjoy a fresh point of view around here and new posters are always welcome.  I've commented elsewhere recently that we don't seem to be getting many new posters and some that have been around since day 1 still don't post very much :-\ :-\ :-\

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »

Nice post, Mr. Fuzz.  And yes, the t-p should roll forward over the roll!

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2012, 09:04:29 AM »

finding it a little offensive that Ash didn't consider me worthy of comment :(             neither did Ash comment on the Fuzz????   and yes, the toilet tissue should ALWAYS go over the top......   
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2012, 09:16:00 AM »

Man, what an ash.

;D
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2012, 09:26:46 AM »

In all fairness to Ash...

yesterday was the full moon :o :o :o

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2012, 09:27:51 AM »

!!!!  YAWN  !!!!

I respect the thoughts of every poster you mentioned, doesn't mean we have to agree.  I find it most interesting to see who you left out.  All the folks Ash singled out in his post are all active Political board posters, and yes we do get at each other like brothers and sisters in a dysfunctional family, but it is what it is. 

Now I have to presume the middle school style is intentional so to mislead but no doubt this is an additional account of an active or recently inactive poster. So jump in or keep lobbing  pot shots from afar, I highly doubt any of us listed in your rant will think any more or less of you whichever route you choose.

I do not participate here to be bored, and the opposing views are like brain candy... the brain is a well oiled machine, that functions best when you put yourself in a position to use it.  Every single poster you mentioned has the capability to digest information and produce an articulate opinion or response.  And sometimes we act like the above mentioned dysfunctional siblings.  You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have: Monroe Talks.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2012, 09:32:35 AM »

Well said, JBS.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2012, 09:45:15 AM »

!!!!  YAWN  !!!!

I respect the thoughts of every poster you mentioned, doesn't mean we have to agree.  I find it most interesting to see who you left out.  All the folks Ash singled out in his post are all active Political board posters, and yes we do get at each other like brothers and sisters in a dysfunctional family, but it is what it is. 

Now I have to presume the middle school style is intentional so to mislead but no doubt this is an additional account of an active or recently inactive poster. So jump in or keep lobbing  pot shots from afar, I highly doubt any of us listed in your rant will think any more or less of you whichever route you choose.

I do not participate here to be bored, and the opposing views are like brain candy... the brain is a well oiled machine, that functions best when you put yourself in a position to use it.  Every single poster you mentioned has the capability to digest information and produce an articulate opinion or response.  And sometimes we act like the above mentioned dysfunctional siblings.  You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have: Monroe Talks.

No doubt!

Well, there was no mention of feasting on pig testicles so I believe we can rule out that it was FF.   ;D

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2012, 10:04:29 AM »

I do not think it was FF at all, that is not his style.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2012, 10:07:16 AM »

Awful lot of venting for a non-venter
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2012, 10:25:13 AM »

Definitely a rant from the Left, though a couple of Left-leaners were thrown in to keep it "even". I had no idea I was such a nasty person!I do have high blood pressure, but a pill a day keeps it at bay.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up