MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Do we need more gun control?

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we need more gun control?  (Read 201379 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Do we need more gun control?
« Reply #4695 on: March 03, 2018, 11:06:48 AM »

18 year olds serving the country are supervised and trained with those weapons, the ones out of the street playing on Facebook are not.

And maybe that is the solution Fuzz.

Require that everyone who purchases a gun has to pass a gun safety course - maybe similar to the Hunters Safety Course they make people go through before they get their first hunting license.

Trained Instructors should be able to identify the people who are just nuts and shouldn't have a gun until the grow the F up - regardless of their age.

I know not everyone in my CPL course passed for various reasons.

Age alone is not a reason to disqualify people.  If 18 is an adult - then they should be able to buy a gun if they understand the responsibility involved.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314]   Go Up