MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Do we need more gun control?

Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 314   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we need more gun control?  (Read 224597 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Do we need more gun control?
« Reply #885 on: February 03, 2013, 12:55:53 PM »

The person in the article was a marine, a highly trained marine.  If he can't "defend himself" then how can the majority that are very untrained?

Sh*t happens.  It could be you next.  Your comment has no bearing on what happened.  But then. maybe you lock yorself in a metal room at night and sleep alone, don't go anywhere in public, do anything where you have other people around....must be a lonley life you lead.

If you really want to learn about firearms and safety instead of making pointless points, I suggest you take an LE approved concealed carry class.  You don't need to get a permit, just take the class.  I'll pay for it just so you can get some education...that you obviously are in need of.

Talk to your friend Fry.  He can attend as well and I'll pay for the both of you.

Let me know and I'll get you/him in the next available session.  You might learn something, actually you need to have an open mind.  You can absorb can't you???  At least then you can make educated posts instead of pointless blather....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #886 on: February 03, 2013, 01:03:20 PM »

BTW duck, the classroom study is at Cabelas, upstairs in a meeting room.  Our Prosecutor, Mr. Nichols will give a talk with a question and answer session.  The range time is at Dundee Sportsmens club, where you'll learn the proper handling of firearms and get to discharge one under supervised conditions.  I'll provide each of you with the proper firearm and ammunition for the course as well.

Hows that for an offer.  I believe that Fry is barred from obtaining a CCW but are you?  You don't have to get a permit, but I want the both of you to experience the class and range firsthand so I'm making the offer.  The course is taught by accredited instructors, not some 'crazy half cocked idiot' like you portray us to be.

Maybe it's time for you and Fry to get enlightened...at my expense.  Don't worry, I won't be there.  I already hold my permit.

Ooops, forgot to add. unch is included at the Club for all course attendees.

So, how about it.  It's time to put up or shut up.....
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:06:21 PM by SidecarFlip »

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #887 on: February 03, 2013, 01:04:42 PM »

Sh*t happens.  It could be you next.  Your comment has no bearing on what happened.  But then. maybe you lock yorself in a metal room at night and sleep alone, don't go anywhere in public, do anything where you have other people around....must be a lonley life you lead.

If you really want to learn about firearms and safety instead of making pointless points, I suggest you take an LE approved concealed carry class.  You don't need to get a permit, just take the class.  I'll pay for it just so you can get some education...that you obviously are in need of.

Talk to your friend Fry.  He can attend as well and I'll pay for the both of you.

Let me know and I'll get you/him in the next available session.  You might learn something, actually you need to have an open mind.  You can absorb can't you???  At least then you can make educated posts instead of pointless blather....

pointless blather....

Sums up what you said perfectly
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #888 on: February 03, 2013, 01:06:25 PM »

When did they pass a Constitutional amendment that was ratified by 3/4 of the states?  i don't remember that...

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #889 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:10 PM »

pointless blather....

Gee, now you are the troll....

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #890 on: February 03, 2013, 01:07:35 PM »

So did you have some point in all that hot air?  Or was it just another way to insult as you love.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #891 on: February 03, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

BTW duck, the classroom study is at Cabelas, upstairs in a meeting room.  Our Prosecutor, Mr. Nichols will give a talk with a question and answer session.  The range time is at Dundee Sportsmens club, where you'll learn the proper handling of firearms and get to discharge one under supervised conditions.  I'll provide each of you with the proper firearm and ammunition for the course as well.

Hows that for an offer.  I believe that Fry is barred from obtaining a CCW but are you?  You don't have to get a permit, but I want the both of you to experience the class and range firsthand so I'm making the offer.  The course is taught by accredited instructors, not some 'crazy half cocked idiot' like you portray us to be.

Maybe it's time for you and Fry to get enlightened...at my expense.  Don't worry, I won't be there.  I already hold my permit.

Ooops, forgot to add. unch is included at the Club for all course attendees.

So, how about it.  It's time to put up or shut up.....

You are a very sad individual.

Whatever makes you all happy inside making fun of people.

Get a clue

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #892 on: February 03, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »

Gee, now you are the troll....

Thanks, just trying to be like you.  Maybe some day I will be as good at it as you and be able to do it everytime with a bonus for multiple insults in a post.  What do ya think?  Do I have hope to be as good a troll as you someday?

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #893 on: February 03, 2013, 01:13:29 PM »

This is a shocker.   8*

Actually, this is incorrect.  I apologize. 

Right now the poll results are :

YES    95.9%
NO       4.1%

And this is from a CBS station!!!!!!!

http://cbs6albany.com/news/poll/web_poll_results.shtml
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #894 on: February 03, 2013, 01:17:17 PM »

Thanks, just trying to be like you.  Maybe some day I will be as good at it as you and be able to do it everytime with a bonus for multiple insults in a post.  What do ya think?  Do I have hope to be as good a troll as you someday?

My only comment to you is, I like my duck roasted.  You cook it in a roasting pan until almost done and then remove the lid and brown the skin until golden brown.  Remove the duck from the roaster, drain the juice and eat it.  Be sure to dispose of the carcass properly.  Ducks have small bones that you dog could choke on. ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #895 on: February 03, 2013, 01:17:56 PM »

Indeed statistics can be manipulated.  What got me was all the previous pages used by pro gun people went without that comment, but an pro regulation one apparently is irrelevant because statistics suddenly are corrupt.

That is the problem though Fuzz.  For months now there is not a single post in any topic that one of the right isn't ignoring the content and use it to make insults.  "liberals are all stupid", "liberals are all illogical" All liberals are blah blah blah.  And if not that then they are directed straight to me and "pretend" that they are not.  I understand that gun nuts are overly emotional and think that someone that doesn't exist is going to take away all of their guns.  Sadly, it isn't just this topic.

Never said that, nor implied that.  Wasn't targeting the response to pro gun, anti gun, left, or right.  I'm critical of statistics provided by either side unless I see the sample size and demographics of any statistic.  Even more critical of those provided by the government.

I've said it before......I'm pro gun in the sense I want to be able to be able to posses the weapons I feel I need to protect me and my family from intruders with ill intent.  I don't need automatic or semiautomatic assault rifles to do that.  If it ever came to the point where the government was going to come after me to take away my weapons, then I would not stand a chance trying to defend myself from government/national troops even if I possessed bazookas and field artillery. But....I want that right to posses what I am comfortable shooting with inside my own home, and without the government telling me what I can or can not feel comfortable with.

Just like I don't want them mandating what rolling papers I can or can not use.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #896 on: February 03, 2013, 01:22:11 PM »

Actually, this is incorrect.  I apologize. 

Right now the poll results are :

YES    95.9%
NO       4.1%

And this is from a CBS station!!!!!!!

http://cbs6albany.com/news/poll/web_poll_results.shtml

Yep, Cumo shot from the hip like a typical politician would.  One upmanship is always paramount over common sense.  I distinctly remember his proclimation "Washington, look at what we did in New York State", he said.  He done did it.  He's done one way or another, either recall or no reelection.  I believe he is considering a run for President in 2016 with Christie for his VP.  Both idiots.

My take is Christie got tee'd off because he asked for gobs of free cheese from Obama for the storm victims and got turned down because all the free cheese is spoken for.  So now he's a RINO and will jump fence I presume, no loss. What ever party he lands in, he's no assett.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 01:24:54 PM by SidecarFlip »

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #897 on: February 03, 2013, 01:24:18 PM »

pointless blather....

It's only pointless blather to someone not willing to see or hear another side or view...One side of the issue is not defacto the only way of thinking, but it seems those opposed to firearms have already determined any other way of thinking is wrong.

While I believe the ones screaming the loudest for gun control are doing it for the wrong reasons and themselves are really missing the true matter of the issue and the push for broad over reaching regulations by politicians with ulterior motives...I still understand they have a right to speak their minds, and let them do so.  Of course when I do have a major disagreement with something being said, I most defiantly will speak up.
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #898 on: February 03, 2013, 01:30:36 PM »

When did they pass a Constitutional amendment that was ratified by 3/4 of the states?  i don't remember that...

Well, that just seems to be the problem here...They are superseding the legislative path of law, by enacting and passing bills which are unconstitutional at there core.  Making short cuts by bypassing the proper process, to get their way, is not justifiable...Not in this country brother!

"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #899 on: February 03, 2013, 01:36:20 PM »

Sidecar, by the looks of things, Mr. Duck is refusing your kind, generous offer to attend the class.

It is obvious that Mr. Duck is severely uninformed, that is for sure, and he wants to stay that way.

I will also offer my help in this matter.

This offer is to Ducksoup ONLY.  I've met you before, and at the time you seemed to be a reasonable man.  But lately, your posts are anything but reasonable.  I think you are posting from emotion, rather than experience.  So, I offer to allow you to attend one of our CPL classes (we have them almost every weekend), totally free of charge (normally $100.00).  I will provide the gun rental (normally $8.00), eye and ear protection, and I will provide the ammo (approximately $15.00 or more, depending on the caliber).  I will also GIVE Mr. Duck a twenty dollar bill to cover his gas money to my gun shop and shooting range, so he can attend the class.

It will cost you NOTHING, except your time.

The ONLY thing I ask in return is that you come with an open mind, and pay attention in the class, and be willing to learn.

That is all.

Assuming you complete the class, you will leave with a certificate of completion, which will allow you to apply for a Concealed Pistol License, if you desire.

Will you accept my offer, Ducksoup?
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 314   Go Up