MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Do we need more gun control?

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 314   Go Down

Author Topic: Do we need more gun control?  (Read 193219 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Do we need more gun control?
« Reply #900 on: February 03, 2013, 02:05:46 PM »

How about it Duck??

Time to man up....

You now have 2 legitimate offers from 2 of us.  Costs you nothing but some time and you get an education.  With my offer, you can take Fry too.

You not only get to learn firearm safety but how to handle a loaded firearm and what to do in a life threatening situation.....

I'll even float you a 20 for gas to Cabelas and Dundee Sprotsmens Club and with me you get lunch.

The club provides the safety glasses and hearing protection btw.

I'll even trust you with my Kimber, thats an 1100 dollar plus 1911, or you can shoot my S&W 44 magnum but that might be a bit much for you.... After all, even Clint Eastwood used a smaller 357 in the movies.  The 44 kicked too hard for Clint...... ;D

Or will you continue to play the troll?
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #901 on: February 03, 2013, 02:23:10 PM »

Sidecar, by the looks of things, Mr. Duck is refusing your kind, generous offer to attend the class.

It is obvious that Mr. Duck is severely uninformed, that is for sure, and he wants to stay that way.

I will also offer my help in this matter.

This offer is to Ducksoup ONLY.  I've met you before, and at the time you seemed to be a reasonable man.  But lately, your posts are anything but reasonable.  I think you are posting from emotion, rather than experience.  So, I offer to allow you to attend one of our CPL classes (we have them almost every weekend), totally free of charge (normally $100.00).  I will provide the gun rental (normally $8.00), eye and ear protection, and I will provide the ammo (approximately $15.00 or more, depending on the caliber).  I will also GIVE Mr. Duck a twenty dollar bill to cover his gas money to my gun shop and shooting range, so he can attend the class.

It will cost you NOTHING, except your time.

The ONLY thing I ask in return is that you come with an open mind, and pay attention in the class, and be willing to learn.

That is all.

Assuming you complete the class, you will leave with a certificate of completion, which will allow you to apply for a Concealed Pistol License, if you desire.

Will you accept my offer, Ducksoup?

Sadly, the meme of me being anti gun and also untrained is incorrect as I have stated in numerous other posts.

Wouldn't mind coming to shoot with ya sometime though. 

After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #902 on: February 03, 2013, 02:25:35 PM »

How about it Duck??

Time to man up....

You now have 2 legitimate offers from 2 of us.  Costs you nothing but some time and you get an education.  With my offer, you can take Fry too.

You not only get to learn firearm safety but how to handle a loaded firearm and what to do in a life threatening situation.....

I'll even float you a 20 for gas to Cabelas and Dundee Sprotsmens Club and with me you get lunch.

The club provides the safety glasses and hearing protection btw.

I'll even trust you with my Kimber, thats an 1100 dollar plus 1911, or you can shoot my S&W 44 magnum but that might be a bit much for you.... After all, even Clint Eastwood used a smaller 357 in the movies.  The 44 kicked too hard for Clint...... ;D

Or will you continue to play the troll?

My favorite is an 1898 colt that belongs to a friend.   Perfect balance and smoothest trigger pull i ever used.

But as i said, your meme of me being anti gun is wrong.

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #903 on: February 03, 2013, 02:37:51 PM »

Never said that, nor implied that.  Wasn't targeting the response to pro gun, anti gun, left, or right.  I'm critical of statistics provided by either side unless I see the sample size and demographics of any statistic.  Even more critical of those provided by the government.

I've said it before......I'm pro gun in the sense I want to be able to be able to posses the weapons I feel I need to protect me and my family from intruders with ill intent.  I don't need automatic or semiautomatic assault rifles to do that.  If it ever came to the point where the government was going to come after me to take away my weapons, then I would not stand a chance trying to defend myself from government/national troops even if I possessed bazookas and field artillery. But....I want that right to posses what I am comfortable shooting with inside my own home, and without the government telling me what I can or can not feel comfortable with.

Just like I don't want them mandating what rolling papers I can or can not use.

My feeling is that there are some things that can be done that are good.  One obvious one is universal background checks that eliminates the gun show loophole.

I understand the passion involved, and in truth other than background checks that have teeth (states providing the information that is needed to do them) I pretty much don't care.  What I find objectionable is that anyone that says anything not wild and out there pro gun is said to be wanting to take away all guns and apparently are anti gun as the theme of Sidecar and Live shows.

It would take a constitutional amendment to "take away guns" and that just isn't going to happen.  If the govt. tried to do it otherwise it would clearly be unconstitutional and attempting to do so would mean we have no constitution, which isn't going to happen either.  But, as you said, if the Constitution was tossed out and they did go to take them, no one is going to stand up long.

I see "assault weapons" in a different way I think.  I primarily hunted with a 22 rifle that held 15 and never used more than one that i remember.  So, I mostly see someone needing a ton of bullets as just a lousy shot.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #904 on: February 03, 2013, 02:53:36 PM »

You are a very sad individual.

Whatever makes you all happy inside making fun of people.

Get a clue

I've always had the 'clue'.  You don't.

You have 2 viable offers for a FREE EDUCATION AT NO COST TO YOU.......

Are you a man or are you a wannabe?

Step up bud.

I'm going to bring this up until you either say yes or no you won't because and it better be a good reason.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #905 on: February 03, 2013, 02:57:45 PM »

I see "assault weapons" in a different way I think.  I primarily hunted with a 22 rifle that held 15 and never used more than one that i remember.  So, I mostly see someone needing a ton of bullets as just a lousy shot.

I understand what you're saying here, although in my opinion, it conflicts with your earlier claim that you are not "anti gun".

Please watch this short video.

You Can't Ban Evil
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #906 on: February 03, 2013, 03:07:33 PM »

My feeling is that there are some things that can be done that are good.  One obvious one is universal background checks that eliminates the gun show loophole.

I understand the passion involved, and in truth other than background checks that have teeth (states providing the information that is needed to do them) I pretty much don't care.  What I find objectionable is that anyone that says anything not wild and out there pro gun is said to be wanting to take away all guns and apparently are anti gun as the theme of Sidecar and Live shows.

It would take a constitutional amendment to "take away guns" and that just isn't going to happen.  If the govt. tried to do it otherwise it would clearly be unconstitutional and attempting to do so would mean we have no constitution, which isn't going to happen either.  But, as you said, if the Constitution was tossed out and they did go to take them, no one is going to stand up long.

Well, I'm sorry if I've missed something, but you've made yourself out to be anti-gun, whether you've intended to or not...

As for the universal background checks, I don't think anyone opposing the gun bans are as opposed to that as you make it out to be either...Correct me if I'm wrong, I certainly agreed with this and even mentioned it before it was purposed.

The specific gun bans, and that of compatible parts of said guns, by my understanding is something akin to an attempted undermining of the second amendment through cleaver manipulation of improper facts and half truths.

If you are, as you say, not anti-gun, what does it matter to you then if I own an AR-15...?  Your rights can go only so far as not to infringe upon mine.  Tell me then, how does my ownership of that particular rifle infringe upon your rights.  To even suggest that one could not hunt with said rifle would be an untruth.  As for mag size, when shooting at a range, the placement of consecutive shots is one of the most consistent endeavors of any shooter...10 rounds or 20, what is the significant difference that makes one wrong.
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #907 on: February 03, 2013, 03:12:33 PM »

What most people don't understand is that almost ALL gun shows have licensed dealers set up at them, and every single transaction ALREADY has a background check performed.  Go to Gibraltar Trade Center during the next gun show, and you will see that EVERY person selling guns is licensed by the Federal government, and EVERY sale has a background check.  Did you know that?

If there are gun shows somewhere that have non-licensed individuals selling guns, I have no problem if background checks are required.  But that means the gun sellers must get an FFL.  I don't have a problem with that, PROVIDED it stands alone, and this provision isn't tied to a ban of magazines, or a ban of any type of firearm.

But how would the ATF regulate non-licensees?  How would they enforce the prohibition of private sales?  The ATF has told me they aren't legally capable of doing that, and they don't have the man power to do so.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #908 on: February 03, 2013, 03:14:03 PM »

You may now return to your regularly scheduled hate speech. 

Typical. 

If you don't agree with my Liberal enlightenment you are practicing hate speech.

Whatever happened to freedom of speech?  Whatever happened to debating differing view points?

Nope.  Not in a Liberals America.  If you don't agree with them you are just a backwards hate monger.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #909 on: February 03, 2013, 03:18:58 PM »

Ok Fuzz, here you go!

A facebook page dedicated to all of the photoshopped pictures of our president!

Some of these are hilarious!!!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Obama-and-his-Boomstick/533606290012700?sk=photos_stream

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #910 on: February 03, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »

Mother Jones editor Clara Jeffery dances on Chris Kyle’s grave to argue for gun control.

How hateful can someone be?

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/03/mother-jones-editor-dances-on-chris-kyles-grave-to-argue-for-gun-control/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #911 on: February 03, 2013, 04:24:57 PM »

Ok Fuzz, here you go!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Obama-and-his-Boomstick/533606290012700?sk=photos_stream

LOL, oh my.

The one that implies he was at Bin Laden's compound, standing a firing line with Russian troops, and the one with the Queen have some humor......but the Bambi one is just wrong.   ;D
Support the local economy as much as possible!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #912 on: February 03, 2013, 04:31:34 PM »

A nice commentary by Jeanie Pirro on Fox News last night.  I know some will blow if off because it's Fox News but Jeanie Pirro is not one of the those democrat haters.  She has always been pretty objective.  A former judge.

http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/justice-jeanine/index.html

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #913 on: February 03, 2013, 04:39:09 PM »

Ok Fuzz, here you go!

live, these are awesome! the one of him in the General Lee cracked me up
Snuggle & keep warm.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #914 on: February 03, 2013, 05:17:14 PM »

Mother Jones editor Clara Jeffery dances on Chris Kyle’s grave to argue for gun control.

How hateful can someone be?

http://twitchy.com/2013/02/03/mother-jones-editor-dances-on-chris-kyles-grave-to-argue-for-gun-control/?utm_source=autotweet&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=twitter

Clara needs danced on.  Not with bare feet either.  Does she post under an assumed name on this site per chance......??? ;D ;D
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 314   Go Up