MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Hobbies & Arts > Office Dragon

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Office Dragon  (Read 4423 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Office Dragon
« on: January 10, 2013, 04:27:56 PM »

I had said before that I was painting my daughters home office.  I am finally done and thought you might like to see.

That one is about 10 feet wide.

That is about 4 or 4 1.2 feet wide.

Not the best but liked the heart shape and ying and yang.  Probably a couple feet wide.

The last one.  I guess it is about 3 1/2 feet high.  It is my favorite.

Oh, and her hand is doing okay, still weak but doing physical therapy to get strength back.

After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Office Dragon
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:19:14 PM »

Very nice, Duck!

I like the second one best.

I wish I had talent like that.....for being an engineer, I can't draw worth a damn, and my illustrations on white boards trying to draw part designs are well known laughing incidents at my company.

I was trying to draw something up in a conference room that folks could look into as they walked past and someone burst into the room, took a picture of it, and ran off laughing.  That person has a pathetic assignment coming her way.   ;D
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 05:22:22 PM »

Nice work! She's lucky to have someone like you to give her office such a personal touch, glad her hand is on the mend too!
Snuggle & keep warm.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 05:37:39 PM »

You put a lot of work into that ducksoup...

lots of detail when you look at it close!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »

I couldn't pick a favorite, Duck.  Every one is "my fav" for different details.  You sure are talented!  What a lucky lady that daughter is.  Glad she is doing better after the surgery, too.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 06:48:03 PM »

VERY cool!! I love the Celtic knotwork and are those runes? Elvish?

Nicely done.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 06:49:24 PM »

I was trying to draw something up in a conference room that folks could look into as they walked past and someone burst into the room, took a picture of it, and ran off laughing. That person has a pathetic assignment coming her way.   ;D
That's hilarious. ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 07:41:54 PM »

Even I had to laugh (it was done so suddenly and totally out of the blue).....but she is going to have a price to play for perpetuating the company humor of "Fuzz thinks he can draw like an engineer is supposed to." routine.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2013, 10:05:46 PM »

Do you do commissions Duck?

My stepfather is a Dragon fanatic.
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2013, 08:39:31 AM »

Amazing, Duck!!!!

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to be able to draw like that.... just don't have that gift. :(  But you certainly do! :)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2013, 09:23:48 AM »

Do you do commissions Duck?

My stepfather is a Dragon fanatic.

I once did a computer case for Lethl weapons brother in law but to be honest I am fickle about painting.  I do when I have the mood to be creative.  I am also notorious for starting projects and not finishing.  So, long story short probably not such a good idea.

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2013, 02:33:41 PM »

I've always wanted to paint a mural. Did you sketch the designs freehand or did you use a projector? I would definitely use the latter, myself. I can draw, but not THAT good!

I have a cousin out west who makes her living as a muralist. Check out this bathroom she did:

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2013, 03:06:24 PM »

Easy questions first.  The top pic of the big one I had a sketch on paper that I used a projector to do a chalk sketch on the wall.  My first try without wasn't as good as I wanted so I opted for the projector.  Then I just worked from the sketch.

The rest were all just charcoal sketch and work it.

Murals are a yes and no.  I have done some smaller scale ones and some not connected ones that cover a wall.

I love what your cousin did, very awesome.

I actually have a mural planned, sort of.   I had a small repair that I used a piece of paneling for and have a 6 or 7 foot by 4 foot chunk that i stuck on my office wall to get it out of the way.  I figured as soon as I got my daughters done and got my paints back here I would start on it slowly.

I am thinking fantasy style but small objects on a large scale.  Kind of panoramic I think.  Not sure yet though.  Just pieces in mind like a colorful stone bridge.  I think I am going to use acrylics, but hope to get more of a colorful watercolor look.  If that makes any sense.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2013, 03:23:13 PM »

I've always wanted to paint a mural. Did you sketch the designs freehand or did you use a projector? I would definitely use the latter, myself. I can draw, but not THAT good!

I have a cousin out west who makes her living as a muralist. Check out this bathroom she did:

OH WOW!  I love it.

The only thing that could have made it better is that a naked mermaid be captured in the water depths.

ShorTea

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2013, 04:53:35 PM »

Naked Mermaid? I thought I heard someone call me!!  ;D
Snuggle & keep warm.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up