MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Man who comforted Sandy Hook Elementary kids says 'truthers' are targeting him!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Man who comforted Sandy Hook Elementary kids says 'truthers' are targeting him!  (Read 680 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

I guess there are always a few...   

seems like they're jumping on this one pretty fast though :o :o :o :( :( :(

Article with video:

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/15/16529522-grandfather-who-comforted-sandy-hook-elementary-kids-says-truthers-are-targeting-him?lite
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

pam

• Hero Talker

So sad...there's always the conspiracy theorists out there, but normally they stick to attacking the government, not citizens. I can't even imagine how those kids felt sitting in the man's driveway, but at least there was someone to take them in and care for them, perhaps providing a few hours of distraction from the chaos unfolding. I guess if you're willing to go the distance of accusing the government and media of fabricating a story like this, it wouldn't phase you to accuse those involved with the rescue efforts. It reminds me a lot of the people who try to deny the holocaust...unfortunate and sad that paranoia clouds the reality of things.

lilly

• Hero Talker

So sad...there's always the conspiracy theorists out there, but normally they stick to attacking the government, not citizens. I can't even imagine how those kids felt sitting in the man's driveway, but at least there was someone to take them in and care for them, perhaps providing a few hours of distraction from the chaos unfolding. I guess if you're willing to go the distance of accusing the government and media of fabricating a story like this, it wouldn't phase you to accuse those involved with the rescue efforts. It reminds me a lot of the people who try to deny the holocaust...unfortunate and sad that paranoia clouds the reality of things.
It's even scarier that we have people exactly like that on this forum.
Contestant 1: I'll take "Emotions of the Conservatives" for 1000 Alex.
Alex Trebek: These two emotions are the bane of Conservative existence.

Contestant 1: What are "empathy and compassion?"
Alex Trebek: "You're right for $1000"

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

It's even scarier that we have people exactly like that on this forum.

We do?  Who has denied the holocaust?

I missed that post.
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

He didn't have to seek out the media in the first place to get on TV.

Pretty sure if he hadn't done that.....

So I hate to say it, but decisions have consequences.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

I missed that post.

I'm pretty sure I've seen Pax post that the holocaust is a hoax.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

lilly

• Hero Talker

I missed that post.
I'm pretty sure I've seen Pax post that the holocaust is a hoax.
Yep.

And we have had SCF insinuate the possibility of the government being involved in the Sandy Hook shooting.
Contestant 1: I'll take "Emotions of the Conservatives" for 1000 Alex.
Alex Trebek: These two emotions are the bane of Conservative existence.

Contestant 1: What are "empathy and compassion?"
Alex Trebek: "You're right for $1000"

Flanders

• Hero Talker

I would also insinuate the possibility of the government being involved in the Sandy Hook shooting to the extent that the facts are not being reported on which gun was used etc. and there are massive detail questions that seem to be purposely unanswered.

But anything above that seems a little bit to "looney tunes" to me.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?

Yep.

And we have had SCF insinuate the possibility of the government being involved in the Sandy Hook shooting.

Yeah, like Bush was behind the attack on the twin towers.   8*

I don't think the government planned the Sandy Hook shooting, but they twisted the actual facts in the case, I'm sure, at least to a certain extent.  Too many unanswered questions.

Does everyone besides me, Flanders, and SCF think the government handled and reported every fact regarding the Sandy Hook shooting accurately and without bias?

Are we paranoid?  Or are you naive?
The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
~ Albert Einstein

pam

• Hero Talker

I think there's always going to be some spin to tragedy regardless of who is in charge of the government. In the case of Newtown, I think a lot of the confusion is because of the overzealous media. I've never seen a more confusing news day when we started off hearing that a gunman had wounded schoolchildren, but all were alive to the end of the day when we knew the total death toll. They botched the number of gunmen, pointing the finger at an innocent man, and the weapons the gunman used.

What I am sure of: A gunman killed 28 people that day (including himself), 26 at Sandy Hook. The government did not play a role in the events. The media at large was inept and irresponsible in their reporting. Government officials will use this tragedy to further their political agendas.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

Yeah, like Bush was behind the attack on the twin towers.   8*

I don't think the government planned the Sandy Hook shooting, but they twisted the actual facts in the case, I'm sure, at least to a certain extent.  Too many unanswered questions.

Does everyone besides me, Flanders, and SCF think the government handled and reported every fact regarding the Sandy Hook shooting accurately and without bias?

Are we paranoid?  Or are you naive?

I think the media frenzy with bad and conflicting information made it possible to think something was screwed up.  The only way I would buy into it is if I were to see that the government took total control of the media for a period of time.

My thoughts anyhow.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

He didn't have to seek out the media in the first place to get on TV.

Pretty sure if he hadn't done that.....

So I hate to say it, but decisions have consequences.
I'm pretty sure the media sought him out...not the other way around.

But leave it to you to condone the vile actions from the right.  8*
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Cuss warning:

Which Party Buys More Into Conspiracy Theories?

"A new Fairleigh Dickinson University poll finds that 63% of registered voters buy into at least one political conspiracy theory.

The nationwide survey asked Americans to evaluate four different political conspiracy theories: 56% of Democrats and 75% of Republicans say that at least one is likely true. This includes 36% who think that President Obama is hiding information about his background and early life, 25% who think that the government knew about 9/11 in advance, and 19% who think the 2012 Presidential election was stolen."*

According to a recent poll, there may be more truthers than you'd believe. Who believes in more conspiracy theories- liberals or conservatives, and why?

Which Party Buys More Into Conspiracy Theories?
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.
Pages: [1]   Go Up