MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Jefferson Principle cancels students IEP's

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jefferson Principle cancels students IEP's  (Read 6610 times)

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
Re: Jefferson Principle cancels students IEP's
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2013, 07:26:21 AM »

Well since Young Turks have yet to cover the story we will get nothing but useless troll drivel from him...  Oh wait... then too!

What issues did WE "fabricate", what did we demand he "reveal"?  Critical thinking and reading skills are clearly not your strong suit!  Isn't fabricate a pretty big word to use outside of a copy/paste?

You sure are putting alot of effort into trying to pick what will be yet another losing battle that ends just like all the others... rehashed zingers, and you claiming you are being bullied. 

Again I will ask... do you have anything to actually contribute to the topic or is your focus squarely on your hatred of two of the posters within it?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:29:34 AM by jbs49238 »

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2013, 07:57:24 AM »

I'm confused. :)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:00 AM »

I don’t mean to interrupt all the hating and insult tossing.

I did little guys pre IEP meetings and a parent teacher conference too (seems I am the one to do that anymore) and the official IEP.  Everyone was very professional and responsible.  Sometimes I wonder why the supervisor of the ISD or some others need to be there but that is up to them.  What I can say is that every single one of them showed how important it was what they were doing.  As I said before, an IEP is an important tool and they do not take them lightly.  I do commend the whole team that worked with us on their professional and complete cooperation.

I did ask about IEP’s on how to end them.  One way is that an IEP must be renewed every year and if a new one is not put in place it becomes not having one.  The other is an IEP can end during the time of an IEP by making a new one saying it is ending.  Also, what is common is amendments to the IEP to adjust what is going on.  I took it that amendments are common.

What I can say is parts of an IEP can be very trying.  When we saw that little guy needed an aide to help regulate him during school it was fought and hard.  I understand why, it is a cost.  It took us nearly a year of very stressful negotiations to get him one.  This IEP proved that the decision was very correct.  The renewal didn’t even question that he still needed one.  However, I did put in a change to try to wean him from the need, if possible, by having the aide move away and get him to try to do on his own more.  A great deal was more on how to teach or do and getting us up to speed on how we can follow that same thing at home.   One was to get him to use more complete sentences.

The parent teacher conference was, in short, stunning.  He has made some substantial gains.  He was reading for the teacher which was beyond what I can get him to do.  (I have a problem there.  He will read for women, but not me)  He is doing well with math and further along than I was aware.  Some things might seem small to others but are huge for us.  But, it was a very good conference and left me feeling happy with his improvement.

One cute thing.  He has a pair of reading books that are lower level but that they use as a reward for more difficult reading.  They are exactly the same except one is “Mom is ____” and “Dad is ____.”   Each page is “Mom is walking” or “Mom is talking on the phone” and the corresponding same page for “dad” but what is cute is he refuses to read it as “dad” and says “papa” instead.  It isn’t that he doesn’t know the difference between the words Dad and Papa, just that he puts me as his father figure which is kind of flattering.  The teachers all think it is cute too.

Now you can return to your bash each other because it is more fun than talking.....
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2013, 11:53:27 AM »

Well, at least you only insulted at the beginning and at the end!Bravo!

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2013, 12:05:09 PM »

Well, at least you only insulted at the beginning and at the end!Bravo!
Oh they WEREN'T insulting each other.  well, gosh then you are right to post a polite reminder that all that my post contained was an insult at the beginning and at the end and there was no content.  Thanks for showing so well why MT is a waste.  That sir WAS intended.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2013, 12:36:01 PM »

And where was it that I said they weren't insulting each other?Please.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2013, 11:36:46 PM »

Duck - that was good news to hear, progress and all.

I appreciate hearing about all you do - and how you are making a difference in his life!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up