MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Congrats to Ford Motor co.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Congrats to Ford Motor co.  (Read 2903 times)

PXaiver

Re: Congrats to Ford Motor co.
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 07:53:44 AM »

When I started this thread this morning, I didn't have time to give more information.

Basically it is this. Part of the law out there is that vehicles must AVERAGE 26 MPG by 2016. THAT IS NOT HIGHWAY MILEAGE, 26 OVER ALL!! What this guy from Ford said, (along with other industry experts) is that it won't be possible by that time for anything V6 or bigger, regardless of where it is built. At least not without dumping A LOT of money into it, which they don't have.

Finally a state is getting it right.  Personally I'd like to see all states do this.  Or you should have to pay a yearly tax to drive something that get's crappy gas mileage.  Like a huge tax of around 2 to 3 thousand a year and if you own more than one gas guzzler then it should go up accordingly.  If we don't then we're going to be screwed in the long run.  Then again you conservatives don't really care about the future of the planet do you?

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 08:48:28 AM »

Then again you conservatives don't really care about the future of the planet do you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_The_Children_(politics)

Oh, and I would also like to state that gas mileage is not a terribly good way of estimating a vehicle's overall impact on the environment.
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 09:33:02 AM »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_The_Children_(politics)

Oh, and I would also like to state that gas mileage is not a terribly good way of estimating a vehicle's overall impact on the environment.

No, but it is ONE way, and every little bit helps!

Greg Chamberlain

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 03:29:32 PM »

No, but it is ONE way, and every little bit helps!

It doesn't help at all. Did you know that the toxicity of hybrid batteries do more harm to the environment than the pollution that said hybrid hopes to reduce in it's lfetime?
"To preserve the freedom of the human mind then and freedom of the press, every spirit should be ready to devote itself to martyrdom; for as long as we may think as we will, and speak as we think, the condition of man will proceed in improvement." - Thomas Jefferson

PXaiver

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 07:51:01 PM »

It doesn't help at all. Did you know that the toxicity of hybrid batteries do more harm to the environment than the pollution that said hybrid hopes to reduce in it's lfetime?

Yes, but can't they be recycled?

El Guapo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 10:12:07 PM »

Finally a state is getting it right.  Personally I'd like to see all states do this.  Or you should have to pay a yearly tax to drive something that get's crappy gas mileage.  Like a huge tax of around 2 to 3 thousand a year and if you own more than one gas guzzler then it should go up accordingly.  If we don't then we're going to be screwed in the long run.  Then again you conservatives don't really care about the future of the planet do you?

Actually, I would have to, again, disagree with your statement.  I am a CONSERVATIVE, which by defintion would lend to the purchase of a vehicle that SAVES money by sipping gas.  My sole intention is to not spend as much money as possible when I go to the pump.  Now, with that being said, I do not think that my vehicle has much to do with the change in the weather, but that is a different argument.  I buy a gas SIPPER because I want to spend my money on other things (OR SAVE IT).  I, too, wish that I could buy an American made car that gets great gas mileage.  I will keep searching, because I guess I am the only one in Michigan who would like the big three to produce a car that gets 45-60 MPG's.  The news, and the big three, will say that no one wants a car like that....I guess I have always gone against the grain a little bit!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2014, 12:38:38 PM »

.......for being in a position to offer this package to an unproven.  And now he mandated to fly the corporate jet back home on weekends because of safety.   

Ford board sweetens pay package for CEO Mark Fields

http://www.freep.com/article/20140702/BUSINESS01/307020120/Mark-Fields-Ford-raise
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2014, 04:53:41 PM »

With all the GM troubles - he's sitting pretty,  if he doesn't mess up what's been the right direction under his predecessor...   

Heck almost anyone could do the job now.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2014, 05:38:14 PM »

The problem with the Ford culture is that every CEO likes to put his unique fingerprint on something......even if it is working.  This guy is just arrogant enough to do it......gonna sit back and watch this one.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2014, 07:01:07 PM »

Really Fuzz? Bumping a thread that is more than 5 years old? You've been hanging out with a rowdy crowd lately...
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2014, 07:03:55 PM »

I'd bump one that was started the first day of the forum if it contained the keyword I was looking for in the search feature.

If it offends you, I'm sorr,,,,,,,wait, no, I'm not at all.   ;D

Now go back and continue to whine about paying off student debt.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2014, 07:35:16 AM »

I'd bump one that was started the first day of the forum if it contained the keyword I was looking for in the search feature.

If it offends you, I'm sorr,,,,,,,wait, no, I'm not at all.   ;D

Now go back and continue to whine about paying off student debt.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2014, 07:51:45 AM »

All kidding aside, wow am I glad the time I went to college that the cost was much lower.  It's relative I know, but in seeing the costs for what it took to get my kids through decades later I'm happy I did it when I did......forget about the other benefits of the time when the sexual revolution and burn the bra was going on too.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up