MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Thousands march for gun control in Washington

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Thousands march for gun control in Washington  (Read 840 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Thousands march for gun control in Washington
« on: January 26, 2013, 06:55:07 PM »

Just an observation.....the Leftists in this country are heard.  They march on DC, Occupy, and get out and vote to elect Representatives that support their beliefs.

The Right.....well, I don't think they are heard quite as well.  They don't march on DC, don't Occupy, and don't bother to get their brethren out who share their beliefs to the polls and vote.

What I find ironic is that a majority of the Baby Boomers that are the current Right were the Left in their younger days.   They participated in demonstrations around this country during the Civil Rights movement and Vietnam War periods.  It was that same group who started the "Vote" initiative.

Appears to me nowadays that complacency has taken over the Right and express their frustrations on internet forums and maybe an occasional march on a state capital (which doesn't get shitaccomplished).  Silence is golden....and perceived as approval.

The Right is not being heard because the motivation to bring about change in the manner that they did in their younger years is no longer practiced.

http://news.yahoo.com/thousands-march-gun-control-washington-164306917.html
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Re: Thousands march for gun control in Washington
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 07:36:20 PM »

Lots of them believe they can solve everything by just throwing money at it :o :o :o
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 07:46:48 PM »

Yup....another factor, and good point.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:23:14 PM »

Fuzz,

A few days ago there was a PRO LIFE rally in Washington DC.

How much coverage did it get?

I believe that would be generally considered a cause of the right - at least it is according the left?

If 15 people show up to march for a Liberal cause the Media is all over it. 

The estimated participation was over 400,000 people - but I didn't see many articles on it.

So Over 400,000 at a conservative rally >>>> thousands at anti gun rally.

Is that complacency, or is it just the MEDIA only pushing stories that further their agenda?

Undaunted by bitterly cold temperatures and a forecast for snow, pro-life marchers came to Washington for the March for Life -- as they have for four decades -- determined, they say, to instill a culture of life in a nation that has seen 55 million abortions since the landmark Roe v. Wade decision.

The National Park Service no longer does crowd size estimates, but organizers believed the crowd Friday to be considerably larger than last year's 400,000 people.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/25/abortion-opponents-march-in-washington/#ixzz2J8Piopw0
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:26:37 PM by Monroe Native »
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 08:29:20 PM »

Yup....another good point.  Media coverage appears to be manipulative.

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 10:58:25 PM »

Media manipulation at its finest.   

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 11:54:47 PM »

Appears hell, it's SOP Fuzz.  You know that.  I used to scoff at Limpbow and his comment 'State Run Media',  Not anymore.  He hit the nail on the head....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2013, 06:09:44 AM »

I'm still surprised at the complacency of the boomers, who were so vocal in the 60's and 70's, are not taking to the streets headed towards DC or Fed buildings in counter protest......especially over gun control and government spending.  The Right has no leadership or initiative to demonstrate their frustrations.....they don't even attempt to effect change at the voting booth.  All the Love and Peace of their younger days must have just took the zap out of them.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 08:18:25 AM »

I'm still surprised at the complacency of the boomers, who were so vocal in the 60's and 70's, are not taking to the streets headed towards DC or Fed buildings in counter protest......especially over gun control and government spending.  The Right has no leadership or initiative to demonstrate their frustrations.....they don't even attempt to effect change at the voting booth.  All the Love and Peace of their younger days must have just took the zap out of them.

Looks like you're definitely right about the older generation not being active protestors...  this (obviously politically biased from the name of the blog right on through) blog poster talks about how it was the youth that showed up at the annual "March for Life" rally in DC. 

As far as comparing the exposure the rally received on networks news stations:
1.  I saw it on one of the Toledo TV stations...  most likely 13ABC since that is what I usually have on. 
2.  It was the 40th annual rally...  unlike the gun rally (which by the way I didn't see any coverage of on any TV station although it was probably because I've been outside working a lot lately.  I don't expect that any news outlet (other than FOX) is going to do much more than mention that there was a rally with maybe a photo of a few seconds of video.  I can however see that FOX would go on and on and on about the rally for several moments...   even though it was the 40th time it has occurred!
3.  I don't know how some of you would know if it was on any other news outlet than FOX because it's so obvious that FOX is all you watch...   this particular case in point...   it was on other outlets although without all the "rah, rah, rah" that FOX probably showed!  If you want to see it elsewhere you actually have to be looking elsewhere :o :o :o

I did a Google News search:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&gl=us&tbm=nws&q=march+for+life&oq=march+for+life&gs_l=news-cc.3..43j43i400.4545.6797.0.7558.14.6.0.8.8.0.92.443.6.6.0...0.0...1ac.1.7GbuEQn-cQM#hl=en&gs_rn=1&gs_ri=serp&ds=n&pq=march%20for%20life&cp=1&gs_id=1h&xhr=t&q=%22march+for+life%22&es_nrs=true&pf=p&tbo=d&gl=us&tbm=nws&sclient=psy-ab&oq=%22march+for+life%22&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.&bvm=bv.41524429,d.dmQ&fp=817a090e351c9e70&biw=960&bih=542

Almost 50,000 hits...  those can't all be FOX news articles.  I didn't go through and count but if someone would like to that might give some factual comparisons...

Ok back to the "Red Alert Politics" blog:

Tens of thousands of young people showed their passion for life Friday by gathering at the National Mall in Washington, D.C. in the middle of a snowstorm for the 40th annual March for Life.

Young people made up the bulk of the 500,000 pro-life activists who braved the bad weather to stand in solidarity together at the peaceful protest against legalized abortion.

We are not the future of the pro-life movement – we are the pro-life movement!” Rueben Verastigui told young attendees during a rally that took place on the National Mall before the march to the Supreme Court.

More at:  http://redalertpolitics.com/2013/01/25/young-conservatives-brave-snowstorm-to-march-for-life/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 08:54:51 AM »

Silence is golden, and a unsaid stamp of approval.  I can buy not taking to the streets as they did as kids....other responsibilities, families, etc.....but not to be heard at the voting booth astounds me.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2013, 02:08:43 PM »

It took the likes of Fox to open up some peoples eyes as to how biased they've been spoon fed "NEWS"...

Silent Majority doesn't contain the "Majority" anymore... at least in votes it appears.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2013, 10:02:03 PM »

Cops Have Stiff Competition As Hundreds Lineup For Seattle Gun Buyback
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »

Well the loonie-lefties are always marching about something.  I wonder if they realize that if someone were inclined they could off a whole lot of left-wing lunatics with far fewer explosives when they're huddled together "marching" like the sheeple they are?
Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 11:41:17 PM »

Well the loonie-lefties are always marching about something.  I wonder if they realize that if someone were inclined they could off a whole lot of left-wing lunatics with far fewer explosives when they're huddled together "marching" like the sheeple they are?
Sure....it's not as if the righties aren't massed together from time to time.  8*

BTW...seems odd that you and your ilk are pro-gun-rights advocates and yet you've unabashedly just advocated violence against a group for merely having opinions that differ from yours.

It's no wonder the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) considers conservatives, pro-gun people and others as "right-wing extremists," and as possible terror threats.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 06:31:55 AM »

It's no wonder the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) considers conservatives, pro-gun people and others as "right-wing extremists," and as possible terror threats.

It is probably because those groups are Pro Constitution, Pro Capitalism, and Pro Freedom - things that this regime don't stand for.

If you don't agree with the regime then you are to be considered enemies of the State.  That is fine by me.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up