MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > U.S. general: Iraq at its quietest since 2004

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: U.S. general: Iraq at its quietest since 2004  (Read 2486 times)

doubtfire

• Super Talker
Re: U.S. general: Iraq at its quietest since 2004
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2007, 10:07:46 PM »

We should cut our losses and get out. There will soon be another dictator. Our sons and daughters will not die over there, our tax money will go where it belongs, here at home to help americans.
   Yes, I agree we should get the h--l out of Iraq and not look back. I guess that is why Bush and cohorts are building 16 permanent bases over there.  How would it be if a foreign country came over here and built bases in the United States?  The military would be up in arms! There would be war. When the troops leave, the violence will escalate again. Now tell me it wasn't for the oil, and I'll call you a liar!
    Bush just doesn't want to look the part of the fool with egg on his face, as he said that he was going to keep the troops there and give the mess to the next president, what a cop-out!

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
Re: U.S. general: Iraq at its quietest since 2004
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2007, 10:20:54 PM »

Yes, I agree we should get the h--l out of Iraq and not look back. I guess that is why Bush and cohorts are building 16 permanent bases over there.  How would it be if a foreign country came over here and built bases in the United States?  The military would be up in arms! There would be war. When the troops leave, the violence will escalate again. Now tell me it wasn't for the oil, and I'll call you a liar!
    Bush just doesn't want to look the part of the fool with egg on his face, as he said that he was going to keep the troops there and give the mess to the next president, what a cop-out!

We built military bases on Japan and Germany after we occupied them at the end of World War II.  Many of those bases are still open and operating.  Building them in Iraq is historically no different than any other time in American history.

What percentage of our oil comes from Iraq??  None.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up