MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Well Boys, we SECheated and that's how we won - performance enhancing Drugs!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Well Boys, we SECheated and that's how we won - performance enhancing Drugs!  (Read 388 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker

Report: Alabama Football Players Used Deer Antler Spray Before 2012 National Championship Game

In the same Sports Illustrated story that said the Ravens’ linebacker may have used the spray, which contains IGF-1 — a banned substance in the NFL and NCAA — to recover from a torn triceps, it was also alleged that multiple Alabama football players met with S.W.A.T.S.’s Mitch Ross and Christopher Key prior to the 2012 BCS National Championship Game against LSU. The story says former defensive end Quinton Dial, former linebacker Alex Watkins and junior outside linebacker Adrian Hubbard were introduced to the spray the night before the game in a hotel room. Watkins endorsed the products on YouTube six months later, saying the the spray, holographic stickers and negatively charged water helped give him a boost against LSU. Alabama is aware of the accusations and have tried to keep the company away from their players.

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2013/01/report-alabama-football-players-used-deer-antler-spray-before-2012-national-championship-game/

ESPN also has a story on this at
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8897280/deer-antler-salesman-saw-alabama-players-use-product
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

jbs49238

• Hero Talker

Aww C'mon the SEC would NEVER cheat against their OWN... Conference truthists such as #2 (aka as BM) would never approve!

Professor H

• Hero Talker

What's amazing is how inept the NCAA is on their "investigations"...  they probably knew they would get away with it.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker

The NCAA is a joke.  They are only interested in money.
They really punished ohio state didn't they.  Limited their scholarships.  They have signed more football players than every school in the Big Ten except for Michigan.

Professor H

• Hero Talker

That gives hope to the State of Pennsylvania's case against the NCAA's sanctions - based on the lack of the NCAA enforcement on issue's it really has control over instead of making up enforcement.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

jbs49238

• Hero Talker

I just read the SI article about this story today.  It seems a whole group Bama of players met with the snake oil salesman in a hotel room on the eve of one of the big games and not only used the substance but were given the product free of charge... (tattoos and bling anyone?).  The salesman taped the interaction and said they could have it for free but if push came to shove they were to say they bought it from him and he would back them.

Now... the NCAA will probably never investigate this but instead Tricky Nicky Saban will likely self disclose the offense, the unimportant players will get bounced, Bama will promise tighter institutional control, and the NCAA will sent a sternly worded letter telling Bama not to do it again. 

The NCAA is not going to do anything to hurt Bama, the SEC, or ESPN, as we all know... you DO NOT KICK THE GIFT HORSE IN THE MOUTH!

Professor H

• Hero Talker

Will they end up "vacating" the mythical Championship???
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: [1]   Go Up