MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > BREAKFAST BUFFETS IN MONROE COUNTY?

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: BREAKFAST BUFFETS IN MONROE COUNTY?  (Read 1116 times)

clam

• New Talker
BREAKFAST BUFFETS IN MONROE COUNTY?
« on: February 03, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

Are there any good breakfast buffets in Monroe?

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: BREAKFAST BUFFETS IN MONROE COUNTY?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 12:04:57 PM »

Good may be debatable, but I believe they still have it at Big Boys.

I just had one hell of a great breakfast over in Dundee.....some Coney Island on the right side of the bridge as you cross it coming from the East.

Great skillet breakfasts, and the hash browns are as delicious an hash I've had since Amsterdam.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 12:26:27 PM »

Good may be debatable, but I believe they still have it at Big Boys.

I just had one hell of a great breakfast over in Dundee.....some Coney Island on the right side of the bridge as you cross it coming from the East.

Great skillet breakfasts, and the hash browns are as delicious an hash I've had since Amsterdam.

We have breakfast there at least once each weekend!  Too bad we went yesterday and not today.  We usually bring home half the hash browns and half an omelette if that is what we order, so this morning was "leftovers."  If you are picky avout poached eggs (as I am!) they do them perfectly.  The skillet breakfasts are super, too. 

We haven't lunch or dinner there often, so I can't say how food for those are except for a basic cheeseburger or gyro (not super, but good).

It's called Bricktown Coney Island and I can walk there!

The other coney island down by Cabela's (Gabe's) closed suddenly just before Christmas.  Heard their business went downhill fast.  Anyway, supposedly another coney island is planning to move in there, no word on when.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 01:04:50 PM »

Yup...that was it, Bricktown......the name escaped me.

I was impressed.....roomy, good service, nicely kept, and a waitress that was nice to look at.

Hummm, I was within walking distance of the center of the Dundee Mafia.  I took some pics from the bridge....which direction is the gangster house?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »

Here's the Facebook page for the Bricktown Diner and Coney Island.  The place sounds great and we're planning on trying it the next time we're in Dundee 8) 8) 8)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bricktown-Diner-Coney-Island/176857409062944?sk=info

Getting back to topic...   As far as I know both Big Boys still have a breakfast buffet, but the last time I had it I was disappointed.  The last one I was to in Monroe was at Big Blues...  they may only have that on Sundays though.

My favorite all time breakfast bar from a chain restaurant were in the glory days of Shoney's which in some states are Big Boys...  but not all...   never did understand how that worked.  In Michigan we had lots of Big Boys and only a few Shoney's.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 10:17:31 AM »

Big Blues (Monroe Mall, not Mall of Monroe) has a very good buffet.  All the breakfast staples, plus a lot of extras for a VERY reasonable price.  Also homemade desserts.

Last time I checked out Big Boys, it was pretty disgusting.  Chopped up hot dogs??

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 10:20:14 AM »

Big Blues (Monroe Mall, not Mall of Monroe) has a very good buffet.  All the breakfast staples, plus a lot of extras for a VERY reasonable price.  Also homemade desserts.

Last time I checked out Big Boys, it was pretty disgusting.  Chopped up hot dogs??

The impression I had is they just took whatever leftover 'pre prepped' foods they had from the day or night before and included them on the breakfast bar.

I was impressed with Big Blues and I guess we should get out there more often ;) ;) ;)

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:31:15 AM »

Yup...that was it, Bricktown......the name escaped me.

I was impressed.....roomy, good service, nicely kept, and a waitress that was nice to look at.

Hummm, I was within walking distance of the center of the Dundee Mafia.  I took some pics from the bridge....which direction is the gangster house?

You know that blue house you can see along the fence to the left (next to the parking area)?   Had you gone straight across the street you would see my house down a couple blocks.   We can see the pet store from our front yard.

Nice pictures.   I saw on the TV-news the other day that people were freaked out by the "sudsy" stuff in the ocean of Australia
 ( http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2013/01/29/ns-ramos-floods-australia-foam.cnn ) recently and it reminded me of when that happened here in Dundee.   I wonder where those pictures I took of it might be.... 8*
« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 10:42:07 AM by Skittelroo »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 11:53:43 AM »

Gotcha......I know about where now.

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 12:02:22 PM »

Gotcha......I know about where now.

hmmmm..... I suppose I have left enough clues throughout my posts "here, there, and everywhere" that you can probably figure out exactly which one by now.   Good thing I don't have secrets to hide (or not many). 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2013, 12:24:33 PM »

Now I know where to find save haven should I end up being chased around Dundee by the cops.

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:32 PM »

The impression I had is they just took whatever leftover 'pre prepped' foods they had from the day or night before and included them on the breakfast bar.

I was impressed with Big Blues and I guess we should get out there more often ;) ;) ;)

That's hilariously disgusting!!

I guess it explains the Cod hashbrowns or Chicken Finger scrambled eggs.

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2013, 12:25:45 PM »

Now I know where to find save haven should I end up being chased around Dundee by the cops.

I'm not so sure of that.  They hang out next door a lot.

Reign71

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2013, 12:48:37 PM »

I don't know if they still have Sunday brunch buffet or not, it's been a few years. Monroe Street Grill had an excellent brunch buffet. Which reminds me, I need to check it out and see if they still put it on.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2013, 08:34:55 AM »

That's hilariously disgusting!!

I guess it explains the Cod hashbrowns or Chicken Finger scrambled eggs.

Sounds like you have the seeds here for a new thread...   

Most disgusting entries on a breakfast bar menu!!!

Stumbled on this article last night about declining restaurant chains...   Big Boy is included.  With the number of restaurants they're down to nationally I guess we're very fortunate to still have 2 in town 8* 8* 8*

http://money.msn.com/investing/10-fading-us-restaurant-chains

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up