MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Nature & Environment > Fukushima

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Fukushima  (Read 2226 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Fukushima
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2013, 12:12:29 PM »

MAP OF FUKUSHIMA-STYLE GE NUCLEAR REACTORS INSIDE THE U.S.

MAP OF FUKUSHIMA-STYLE GE NUCLEAR REACTORS INSIDE THE U.S. "Hi Old Boss!" Maddow

Wow.

The reactors may be the same - but the containment structure and redundant systems are totally different.

Another Maddow lie piece?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2013, 05:25:35 AM »

Wow.

The reactors may be the same - but the containment structure and redundant systems are totally different.

Another Maddow lie piece?
Try proving your assertion for a change.
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2013, 07:39:33 AM »

Try proving your assertion for a change.

Compare Fermi 2 to Fukishima.

Same reactors - almost built at the same time at the same place.

Now compare the design of the cooling systems, the containment building, how many redundant systems are around the reactor.

Totally different.  Fermi 2 has redundant backups on redundant backups.  Fukishima did not.

Perhaps someone who works at Fermi would like to elaborate - but I believe there are two concrete / steel containment buildings between the steel reactor housing and the outside at Fermi.  It sure looked like Fukishima was just built inside a pole barn.  I am pretty sure Fermi 2 would have withstood the tsunami and safely shutdown when it lost its connection to the grid.

That is just one "minor" difference.

How is that for "proving" my assertions?

Maddow is a hack "journalist" who is just out to push a political agenda.  Hence she does not report all of the truth.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 07:47:01 AM »

Compare Fermi 2 to Fukishima.

Same reactors - almost built at the same time at the same place.

Now compare the design of the cooling systems, the containment building, how many redundant systems are around the reactor.

Totally different.  Fermi 2 has redundant backups on redundant backups.  Fukishima did not.

Perhaps someone who works at Fermi would like to elaborate - but I believe there are two concrete / steel containment buildings between the steel reactor housing and the outside at Fermi.  It sure looked like Fukishima was just built inside a pole barn.  I am pretty sure Fermi 2 would have withstood the tsunami and safely shutdown when it lost its connection to the grid.

That is just one "minor" difference.

How is that for "proving" my assertions?

Maddow is a hack "journalist" who is just out to push a political agenda.  Hence she does not report all of the truth.
So your proof is that you said so. Got it.  8*
"Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."
John Stuart Mill

Willful ignorance, PaTROLLing, bullying, dishonesty, and hypocrisy are among the traits that are common amongst those that espouse the Republican/Conservative/Tea Party ideology.

A non-response doesn't mean you've won, it merely means the obnoxious, illiterate, right-wing morons have taken too much of my time already.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2013, 07:48:51 AM »

So your proof is that you said so. Got it.  8*

Fry,

I have to hand it to you.

You refuse to be deterred from your political stand by facts.

You just ignore those and keep insulting and ranting on.

No wonder your neighborhood kids put sugar in your gas tank every chance they get.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 07:52:00 AM »

Fry,

I have to hand it to you.

You refuse to be deterred from your political stand by facts.

You just ignore those and keep insulting and ranting on.

No wonder your neighborhood kids put sugar in your gas tank every chance they get.
Again you've demonstrated how wrong you can be on every subject...so why wouldn't someone just take your word for the "facts" you crap out.  8*
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2013, 01:10:14 PM »

Japanese Govt Says They Don't Know Where Spike In Radiation Levels Is Coming From!

Japanese Govt Says They Don't Know Where Spike In Radiation Levels Is Coming From!
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2013, 01:55:19 AM »

Japanese Prime Minister Calls For All Radioactive Leaks To Be Fixed Within SIX MONTHS!

Japanese Prime Minister Calls For All Radioactive Leaks To Be Fixed Within SIX MONTHS!
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2013, 12:10:09 PM »

Check Out The "Barrier" (NOW TORN) Being Used To Keep Radiation Out Of The Ocean At Fukushima

Check Out The "Barrier" (NOW TORN) Being Used To Keep Radiation Out Of The Ocean At Fukushima

====

Fish Caught Off The Coast Of Fukushima Now Being Sold In Local Markets (Get'em While They're Hot!)

Fish Caught Off The Coast Of Fukushima Now Being Sold In Local Markets (Get'em While They're Hot!)

====

Police Tightening Security Around Nuclear Power Plants In Japan

Police Tightening Security Around Nuclear Power Plants In Japan
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2013, 11:14:40 AM »

One Day After New Radiation Filtration System Started At Fukushima It Is Shutdown!

One Day After New Radiation Filtration System Started At Fukushima It Is Shutdown!
John Stuart Mill

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 03:48:23 PM »

Fukushima leaks: radioactive water overflows tank
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-24377520

===

ANOTHER Radioactive Water Spill As Amateur Hour Continues At Fukushima

ANOTHER Radioactive Water Spill As Amateur Hour Continues At Fukushima

ANOTHER Radioactive Water Containment Tank Springs A Leak At Fukushima

Latest Radioactive Water Leak At Fukushima Caused By Over Filling Containment Tank
John Stuart Mill

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 06:51:33 PM »

Isn't there an international nuclear oversight organization out of the UN?  I would think there is some independent agency looking over the shoulder of how the government of Japan is handling this since it affects international waters.   
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2013, 09:10:24 PM »

Isn't there an international nuclear oversight organization out of the UN?  I would think there is some independent agency looking over the shoulder of how the government of Japan is handling this since it affects international waters.

It would appear that it is easier just to pretend nothing is happening.

TEPCO says all is well.  Nothing to see here.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2013, 05:38:10 PM »

The UN is too busy trying to take everyone's guns.................
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »

The UN is too busy trying to take everyone's guns.................

Don't forget the UN's efforts to stop Man Made Global Warming....
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up