MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Islam, the religion of peace...

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Islam, the religion of peace...  (Read 30033 times)

Baggins

• Hero Talker
Islam, the religion of peace...
« on: March 15, 2013, 10:16:08 AM »

"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
Re: Islam, the religion of peace...
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 04:17:16 PM »

If somebody is bored enough to look up the verse just to be sure, it would be appreciated, but I'll post it just the same:

Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 01:10:07 PM »

Sahih International:
"And fight them until there is no fitnah and the religion, all of it, is for Allah. And if they cease ,then indeed, Allah is Seeing of what they do."

fitnah; The term may be used to describe insurrection or civil warfare.

"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 03:20:53 PM »

Oh My God......that is in such poor taste that I can't stop laughing.  I need to go outside and walk this laugh off.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2013, 06:40:29 PM »

If somebody is bored enough to look up the verse just to be sure, it would be appreciated, but I'll post it just the same:

Good thing Obama is going to make it so none of us can have one of these ugly black guns.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2013, 08:58:49 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 09:20:51 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2013, 10:44:44 AM »

"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

Order early and save 10% !!
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2013, 10:13:13 PM »

I blame the Animal Cruelty crowd for this policy....

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2013, 10:15:43 PM »

Now it ALL makes sense.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 09:45:42 AM »

The rest of the world is moving towards rights and freedoms and desegregation
While most Islamic Countries are facing pressures to the opposite from their radicals.

Hamas is putting in new segregation laws - for children

A scary fact: I didn't realize Hamas's beginnings
========================
Hamas was founded in 1987 as an offshoot of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood. The UN, US, and Israel all regard Hamas as a terrorist organization. The movement has attracted ire for its use of rockets against Israeli civilian populations, its financial support for terrorist operations, and waging war from close proximity to children, daring the West to spill young blood when launching any retaliatory strikes.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/598442/hamas-bans-mixed-sex-schools-in-gaza-strip/#jpG1gAclQLTuiX7u.99
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2013, 11:18:04 AM »

The rest of the world is moving towards rights and freedoms and desegregation
While most Islamic Countries are facing pressures to the opposite from their radicals.

Hamas is putting in new segregation laws - for children

A scary fact: I didn't realize Hamas's beginnings
========================
Hamas was founded in 1987 as an offshoot of Egypt’s Muslim Brotherhood. The UN, US, and Israel all regard Hamas as a terrorist organization. The movement has attracted ire for its use of rockets against Israeli civilian populations, its financial support for terrorist operations, and waging war from close proximity to children, daring the West to spill young blood when launching any retaliatory strikes.
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/598442/hamas-bans-mixed-sex-schools-in-gaza-strip/#jpG1gAclQLTuiX7u.99

Yes - and our President thinks that Israel should back down and compromise.  I don't agree with him.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2013, 12:24:59 PM »

A friend took this picture outside Kabul....

Sure "your friend" did.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14   Go Up