MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Islam, the religion of peace...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: Islam, the religion of peace...  (Read 24642 times)

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
Re: Islam, the religion of peace...
« Reply #30 on: April 02, 2013, 08:26:52 PM »

Had the photo shown this it would have been offensive also.  However, the truth is that the teaching of many Islamic scholars have approved of sexual relations with a small child and animals.  Ayatollah Khomeini wrote in Tahrirolvasyleh (vol. 4, Darol Elm, Gom, Iran, 1990)  that, "A man can have sexual pleasure from a child as young as a baby. However, he should not penetrate; sodomising the child is OK. If the man penetrates and damages the child then he should be responsible for her subsistence all her life. This girl, however, does not count as one of his four permanent wives. The man will not be eligible to marry the girl's sister."  The Ayatollah also said, "It is better for a girl to marry in such a time when she would begin menstruation at her husband's house rather than her father's home. Any father marrying his daughter so young will have a permanent place in heaven."  Further he stated that, "A man can have sex with animals such as sheeps, cows, camels and so on. However, he should kill the animal after he has his orgasm. He should not sell the meat to the people in his own village; however, selling the meat to the next door village should be fine."   From the Little Green Book of sayings from Ayatollah Khomeini (page 47 Source: Homa) he states, "If one commits the act of sodomy with a cow, an ewe, or a camel, their urine and their excrements become impure, and even their milk may no longer be consumed. The animal must then be killed and as quickly as possible and burned."  Therefore it becomes a difficult analogy as while there are a great many Priest who have committed sin neither the Church nor any Church leader have issued written directives that such behavior is acceptable.  The truth is that it would be difficult for Islam to set a "standard" of having sexual relations with a child when it is clear from the Koran that Muhammad was married and to Aisha as early as the age of seven and according to the hadith of the Sunan of Abu Dawud, volume 2, #2116, "Aisha said, "The Apostle of Allah married me when I was seven years old." (The narrator Sulaiman said: "Or six years."). "He had intercourse with me when I was 9 years old."

Thankfully the Catholic Church has issued an apology and attempted to atone for these very wrong acts  along with many other things that they have done in the past.  Although not perfect they have shown a desire to seek forgiveness. 

Maybe the religion of islam will do the same in the future regarding the teachings of the koran and the manner it has been interpreted by many clerics.  One can only hope.  However until this is done it is a fair criticism to examine what Islam teaches and how those beliefs are carried out. 

Pope Benedict ref. child sex abuse:

http://articles.latimes.com/2013/feb/11/world/la-fg-pope-sex-abuse-20130212

List of Apologies offered by Pope John Paul II:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_apologies_made_by_Pope_John_Paul_II

Article ref. Pope John Paul II: 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2000/mar/13/catholicism.religion

Ref. Ayatollah Khomeini (and others):

http://www.harrington-sites.com/Islam.htm

http://www.answering-islam.de/Shamoun/bestiality.htm

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/childbrides.htm

http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/childbrides.htm

http://www.booksie.com/non-fiction/article/taufiq_zia_khan/islam-sanctions-sex-with-minors

Will,

First of all, I'm not trying to defend Islam nor am I trying to bash Catholicism, so keep that in mind.  The reference was made to help bring a point home to Pax.  If you've read his other posts you know what I'm talking about. 

If the thread had been titled "Islam-Down on the Farm (Animals) and Loving It" I might have expected the juvenile bestiality stuff.  You're right, it is offensive, funny how no one else filed an objection before I did...perhaps they're not offended when the insults are against Islam or Buddhism, or anything with which they are not affiliated.  Imagine that. 

I'll take your word on what AK taught.  Knowing that he was a vile, murderous, demented individual nothing would surprise me.  One issue though, does one lunatic, or a dozen, speak for the entire religion?  By the same line of argument, Pax speaks for all Christianity.  What a revolting thought.

It is also a fair criticism to say that it appears you demand far more from Islam than you do from the Catholic church.

Finally, if Pax and Monroe Native want to start that bestiality thread, they are free to do so as it appears the MT Administrator doesn't seem to mind.  Then perhaps this thread could actually stay on point and might even yield some meaningful commentary.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2013, 08:34:35 PM »

I'll take your word on what AK taught.  Knowing that he was a vile, murderous, demented individual nothing would surprise me.  One issue though, does one lunatic, or a dozen, speak for the entire religion? 

It does.

He is / was a major leader of the Religion - and yes - it is filled with vile, murderous, demented individuals who do vile, murderous, demented acts.

If you study Islam the goal is to eliminate the infidel, and to make them conform to Islam or be eliminated.

How many Religions are there in Iran?  How many in Saudi Arabia?  What is happening in Egypt?

You can pretend that Islam is a peaceful, loving, caring, religion, but it is anything but.

I for one am not going to be naive and "tolerant" to the point that I am put to death or jailed for my religious beliefs.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2013, 08:59:38 PM »

Monroe Native,

I'm not sure whether it's your reading comprehension skills, your sweeping generalizations, your straw man arguments or a combination of them all, but you always bring so little to the conversation. 
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 09:08:44 PM »

Will,

First of all, I'm not trying to defend Islam nor am I trying to bash Catholicism, so keep that in mind. 

You're right, it is offensive, funny how no one else filed an objection before I did...perhaps they're not offended when the insults are against Islam or Buddhism, or anything with which they are not affiliated.  Imagine that. 

By the same line of argument, Pax speaks for all Christianity.  What a revolting thought.

It is also a fair criticism to say that it appears you demand far more from Islam than you do from the Catholic church.

OK . . but it came across as a snipe at the Catholic Church and while they have failed they have also attempted to atone for such failures - which while late, remains admirable. 

I find it juvenile but not offensive given my understanding of the Koran and what has been taught (incorrectly or not) by many Islamic scholars. 

Pax is not an accepted leader (that I know of) within the Church and therefore speaks with less volume or authority.  In terms of "teaching" the real issue is that the majority Islamic community (outside of CAIR in the US) does not come out against such teachings this implies that they either agree with it or do not wish to upset the apple cart and no matter which they are wrong. 

I don't demand more of Islam than I do any other faith but I would request that if they wish to be taken as a serious religion they admit the errors they have made.  Although Islam does not have a "Pope" or a centralized church they do have great power and community (Ramadan and the pilgrimage to Mecca) and yet as a faith they have not denounced these things - so, is it the teaching of Islam or not and if it isn't why are the leaders not compelled to speak out.  Shoot - leave the controversial stuff (sex with children and animals) out of the equation and why does Islam not come out against the treatment of homosexuals and women.  More importantly . . . why does our government cozy up to countries that subscribe to such mistreatment of humans. 

"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2013, 09:46:07 PM »

Monroe Native,

I'm not sure whether it's your reading comprehension skills, your sweeping generalizations, your straw man arguments or a combination of them all, but you always bring so little to the conversation.

Ad Hominem.

What did this insult post bring to the party?

What other names do you post under?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »

Will,

If you can provide citations where the Koran sanctions bestiality I'd appreciate it.   

Sorry, but one cleric's fatwa does not speak for the religion itself or for the beliefs of all the religion's adherents.

Now if you can provide those cites I'll get to reading.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »

Ad Hominem.

What did this insult post bring to the party?

What other names do you post under?

Mmmm like Moaner?  Look pal, you do put words in my mouth, you do make sweeping generalizations, and you don't follow the point I'm making.  It is also a fact that you add practically nothing to the conversation.  Ad hominem?  You haven't seen an ad hominem from me. 

I have one and only one name, so there you go.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2013, 10:03:52 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2013, 10:08:29 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2013, 10:11:12 PM »

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Pax

• Hero Talker
  • "keepin' the bits cool & dry"
    • Coffee and Cigarettes for Breakfast
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2013, 12:16:26 AM »

It seems Dandy has a fetish for Pax like Pax has for bacon.  Here's to bacon, and Muslims!!!

Qui tacet consentit! - "He who is silent consents" - Maxim of Law
"For he who would be deceived, let him." - Roman maxim
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.
Ryht æðelo biþ on ðam móde, næs on ðam flæ-acute

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2013, 12:22:56 AM »

Speaking of fetishes:

Sex with Animals in Islam

What say you now, DandyMan? Anything pertinent to the topic?
"Not to oppose error is to approve it; and not to defend truth is to suppress it; and indeed to neglect to confound evil men, when we can do it, is no less a sin than to encourage them." -Pope St. Felix III
Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Pax

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2013, 12:30:40 AM »

On the plus side, if he ever divorces this one and gets remarried he won't have to change the pictures on his mantle:

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit.

Dandy_Richardvilles

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2013, 05:45:42 AM »

It seems Dandy has a fetish for Pax like Pax has for bacon.  Here's to bacon, and Muslims!!!

Sure I do.  Part of the lure is that sexy facial hair you have.  I also feel good giving you the attention you so desperately crave.
 Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14   Go Up