MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Sheriff's deputies search for suspects in armed robbery

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Sheriff's deputies search for suspects in armed robbery  (Read 983 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
Sheriff's deputies search for suspects in armed robbery
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:06:04 AM »

Wow...   I didn't even hear this on the scanner... 

I must have been sleeping better than I though I was ;D ;D ;D

Monroe County sheriff's deputies are looking for the two suspects who broke into the home of a medical marijuana provider and tortured him while apparently trying to rob him of marijuana and cash.

The victim, who is 40, was treated at a local hospital for "multiple superficial cuts" and released, Sgt. Tim Garbo, of the sheriff's office, said.

Sheriff's deputies responded to a report of a home invasion and armed robbery about 10:30 p.m. Monday at Americana Mobile Home Park in the 14200 block of Telegraph Road in Berlin Township, according to the sheriff's office.

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/Police-Fire/2013/03/19/Monroe-sheriff-s-deputies-search-for-suspects-in-armed-robbery.html#a6bzsqFVQUc9EYoY.99
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
Re: Sheriff's deputies search for suspects in armed robbery
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:37 AM »

OK. . . am I the only person that is wondering why a supplier of medical marijuana was living at a trailer park?!?
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 02:26:26 PM »

OK. . . am I the only person that is wondering why a supplier of medical marijuana was living at a trailer park?!?

Will - The law makes it mostly a home occupation....  with no zoning requirements....  why not a trailer park?  Per the law you are only allowed to cover your expenses to provide the marijuana.  You can't profit from it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 03:21:38 PM »

Will - The law makes it mostly a home occupation....  with no zoning requirements....  why not a trailer park?  Per the law you are only allowed to cover your expenses to provide the marijuana.  You can't profit from it.

I did not know that . . . so there is no profit . . . . humm . . . not much of a business venture.  Thx's for the info on it . . . now I know what business ventures to avoid :-). . .
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2013, 06:58:58 PM »

And before anyone speculates, I am out of town and was not part of a pot run.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »

I wonder if he can add on now for the cost of the items stolen :o :o :o
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:42:38 PM »

I suspect that most "care givers" are turning a profit.  The law says you can't....  but it also doesn't really say how to calculate expenses.  I suppose you could claim the whole cost of the house you were growing in as an expense.

The voter referendum was the worst written piece of legislation in the history of ballot referendums.

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2013, 11:27:25 PM »

Yet 64% of the registered voters who cared to vote voted for it.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:42:16 AM »

Of course.  Grandma needs it for her glaucoma.  The whole campaign was based on pulling the emotional heart strings of the voters.

How many of that 64% actually read the whole proposal?

There is a reason this law has been tying up courts.  It is poorly written.

Those people had their trailer broken into because the criminals knew there would be marijuana and money to be had.  Having a grow operation is an invitation to get your home invaded. 
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2013, 12:26:55 PM »

I always laughed when I saw the posters advertising training on starting your own medical marijuana company.

As MN correctly pointed out, pulling a profit from being a "caregiver" is near impossible and anyone doing-so is clearly breaking the law.

You are not allowed in MI to pool your "customers" and run a dispensary as you can in CA.  They however, pull in millions of $$$$$$$$$

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 03:08:11 PM »

Perhaps that's because the electorate now views the war on drugs as another example of a failed Republican policy.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 08:16:15 PM »

Perhaps that's because the electorate now views the war on drugs as another example of a failed Republican policy.

I'm not certain it was a Republican policy, Fry.  I knew Nixon was widely known as the originator, but I don't think it was really the case.

http://www.samefacts.com/2011/06/drug-policy/who-started-the-war-on-drugs/
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2013, 08:52:48 PM »

I think I've detected a pattern in some peoples thought processes who post on the board.

Everything bad:  Republican.
Everything good:  Democratic.

I could be wrong on this, but the correlation factor is absurdly high.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2013, 08:54:50 PM »

I think I've detected a pattern in some peoples thought processes who post on the board.

Everything bad:  Republican.
Everything good:  Democratic.

I could be wrong on this, but the correlation factor is absurdly high.

Or vice versa?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2013, 09:04:48 PM »

Or vice versa?

For sure it can go both ways....

However, it seems like most posters can find things to criticize from both parties, some posters criticize EVERYTHING from both parties, while a very special few posters are completely partisan no matter the issue or facts.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up