MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 50951 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« on: March 19, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »

Every once in a while I hear one that makes me laugh or is 'strange' in some way or is just plain goofy...   today I heard a couple so thought maybe it would be a good topic for other scanner listeners to post to too ;) ;) ;)

Now I will be the first to admit I may have a bit of a twisted sense of humor so I'm sure there are some out there who may not share my opinion...

but, remember what they say about opinions 8* 8* 8*

Anyway, both were this afternoon...  first was for a sheriff deputy to go to an address in MonroeTown or Raisinville or even LaSalle township (I didn't look it up to see which)...   check the well being of a man who had left the hospital about a half hour prior and still had an IV in his arm!!!

Not sure if he just got up and walked out or if they actually discharged him that way!!!

One of the downfalls of listening to the scanner is you only get about a third of the picture :D :D :D

The second call was in the city...   Mom was calling requesting an officer to stop by because her 16 yr old son had turned off the power to the XBox while his 14 yr old brother was playing it!  Maybe they do things different now than when I had teens...  and I only have one son...  but isn't that something that normally a parent would handle without police intervention?  Unless the officer involved was Dad per chance :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »

I'm not sure I would have believed I heard that last one right had I been listening at the time.  I hope she got charged for using 911 inappropriately (or was there more to the story, like a big fight between the boys?)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 09:48:37 AM »

Well, like I said, you only get about a third of the story from what you hear on the scanner.  I'm thinking maybe there had been 'prior history' there with the 16 year old. 
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »

I wasn't very wide awake...  I was up letting the dogs out...  I remember seeing a 2 on the alarm clock so I'm thinking it was between 2 and 3 this morning...   

Sheriff Deputy radio traffic to Central Dispatch...  I'm just going to hang around here in the Walmart parking lot...  I just saw Captain America heading in there...   long, long pause from CD...  I'm guessing she was asking a co-worker if she heard that right....  finally a just barely audible...   allright.  So I'm thinking we may see Pax posting some more pictures in the Walmart thread soon...  or Captain America...  on 2nd thought...  maybe it was Pax posing as Captain America!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 02:44:29 PM »

There isn't much traffic on the marine channel 16 this time of year but they've been announcing a "Notice to Mariners" every hours or so today...   "Be aware of diving operations going on in the River Raisin"!!!  I hope whoever is down in the water has their long johns on under a well insulated diving drysuit ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Brown Pug dog stolen from Downtown Hound!!!
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 11:35:50 AM »

Well I hope this is the strangest one of the day...

we don't get many 'dognappings' around here but a pair (I think they said M and F) just stole a brown pug from the Downtown Hound on N. Monroe Street. 

Suspect vehicle was north bound on Monroe Street!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Brown Pug dog stolen from Downtown Hound!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 01:57:04 PM »

Don't know any details but the Downtown Hound just called and said the dog has been returned 8) 8) 8)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:12:27 PM »

Did they put out a K9 Amber Alert?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2013, 07:08:58 PM »

Did they put out a K9 Amber Alert?

;D

There actually are at least a couple of online amber alert systems for canines:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2013, 09:55:12 AM »

I think I'm going to open up an auto glass repair shop in the area...

I've heard one call for road rage and another one a dispute between boyfriend girlfriend...  both calls in less than 24 hours and both ended up with a destroyed auto windshield!

Are we even to a full moon yet ??? ??? ???

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »

Whatever you do, I suggest nobody go to monroe glass!!!   :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 07:29:06 AM »

Well it's not even 7:30 am and I'm guessing I've already heard the strangest call I'm going to hear all day...  well partly because I've got a meeting and a class to go to so won't be home listening to the scanner...

Some of this you just couldn't make it up any better if you tried.

A man called 911 and has requested a deputy to come to his home and investigate because he feels he is being harassed by some type of electronic devices and he knows this because he is a mind reader!!!

Maybe this would explain where all those new drones from Kalamazoo have been flying to ;) ;) ;)

I'll bet the tinfoil will fly off the shelves at all the local grocery stores today ;D ;D ;D

btw...   central dispatch did not make this a high priority call :o :o :o

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »

I gotta get me one of those scanners!   :P

Monique

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2013, 08:27:09 AM »

The 'voices' coming from my computer often harass me! Oddly, it only happens when I'm on this web page.....  ???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 01:32:36 PM »

The 'voices' coming from my computer often harass me! Oddly, it only happens when I'm on this web page.....  ???

Get yourself down to the grocery store and get some of the heavy duty tinfoil before it's all gone ;) ;) ;)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 49   Go Up