MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 62040 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2013, 08:24:31 AM »

This is 'strange' only because of the sheer number of times it's happened in the last week or so...  I have heard at least one call a day/night requesting a deputy to come out to put a deer down that has been on the losing end of a collision with a car.  And that doesn't even count the number that are just killed outright.  I'm guessing this full moon has had the deer out and about more than usual.  Just seems like more than usual 'put downs'...

I wonder if the MCSD tracks those numbers?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2013, 01:35:11 PM »

Well not really so 'strange' considering the time of year and the fact it's nicer out and people are getting out...  but there have been a 'lot' of 'fire out of control' calls already today...  almost every one of these calls could be prevented by being just a little bit careful. 

If you're going to burn make sure you have shovels or brooms (you can beat down a lot of fire with a straw broom) and a garden hose hooked up and ready...  take a couple of buckets of water with you to where you're burning...  and your cell phone...  An early attack won't take near as much work or resources as a bigger one 'later' 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2013, 01:38:15 PM »

I've been out working on the yard for hours, . . . well, for an hour anyway.  Now I know why my husband was out in the yard when I'd come home from work.  Taking care of the yard is a full time job.  :-\   I should have it done before fall!   8*

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »

About an hour ago...

city police car calling central to report a license plate...

"W. Front street in front of St. Michael's, the same maroon Ford Focus and the same location as yesterday"!!!

Note to person driving that car...   somebody has your number...  time to change your habits or your route or your vehicle ;D ;D ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2013, 01:45:00 PM »

Yesterday was the call to Olga's in the Mall of Frenchtown or whatever they call it today!!!

a customer threatening 'bodily harm' to one of the waitresses...

isn't that what the big guy that's always standing around is for...   

or maybe they didn't want to threaten him with 'bodily harm' :o :o :o

I don't know...  I've had a (very) few bad waitresses over the years but I don't think I've ever threatened one with bodily harm!!!  Come on people...  the full moon is waning now 8* 8* 8*

Lots more fire calls today for grass and field fires...  several along the ditches so probably people throwing a cigarette out the truck or car window...  it is 'DRY' out this year.  I was walking on Saturday in a spot that had 10-12" of water in it at this time last year (I took video of the big red dog playing in the water) and remember how dry it got last summer...   there was no water in that same spot this year...  so if that is any sign it's going to be one ultra dry summer this year!!! 

Be careful where you throw your (cigarette) butts... 

you never know when it could come back to haunt you ;) ;) ;)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »

I wonder if it was that waitress that always calls me honey  . . . I threatened her last time - it wasn't bodily harm, but I told her I wasn't her "honey" !!   8*

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »

I have threatened bodily harm to a waitress or two over the years.....it's a matter of interpretation.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2013, 08:25:04 PM »

Here's an article and photo from reference all the wildfires this afternoon!

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/apr/04/several-field-fires-reported-county/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2013, 08:28:48 PM »

I just now heard LMR clearing on the assist to Frenchtown on the fire at Nadeau and Monroe street pictured above!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »

Looks like the SSIHM Lawn.... only that is planned.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 08:37:39 PM »

Looks like the SSIHM Lawn.... only that is planned.

LOL...   I watched them burning that the very first year I ever knew of them burning it...

it looked like it was giving them all they wanted for a few minutes :o :o :o

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2013, 09:34:36 PM »

LOL...   I watched them burning that the very first year I ever knew of them burning it...

it looked like it was giving them all they wanted for a few minutes :o :o :o

I hear the neighborhood loves the "green" field prarie look.

Lots of interesting critters in the neighborhood now that they never used to see.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 01:12:50 PM »

I hear the neighborhood loves the "green" field prarie look.

Lots of interesting critters in the neighborhood now that they never used to see.

I always call it the 'Savanah' look 8* 8* 8*  I hope they don't have any lions or tigers in there...   a few coyotes to eat the stray cats and small dogs in the neighborhood too probably ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 01:22:24 PM »

So far today I've already heard 3 brush fires out of control...  and it's just after 1...  and I've been in and out so I may have missed a couple! 

Yesterday was a fairly calm day other than the fires in the afternoon...  the full moon is losing it's impact I guess...

The somewhat funny call was the attempt to chase down the truck on the northbound 75 that was losing bales of hay...  one at a time!!!  Now, I admit it was kind of funny to listen to but I would NOT want to hit one of those with a car or small truck...  get that stuck under your catalytic converter and see how good your car insurance is real fast!!!

And they did finally get it pulled over up around Dixie Hwy overpass.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »

So far today I've already heard 3 brush fires out of control...  and it's just after 1...  and I've been in and out so I may have missed a couple! 

Yesterday was a fairly calm day other than the fires in the afternoon...  the full moon is losing it's impact I guess...

The somewhat funny call was the attempt to chase down the truck on the northbound 75 that was losing bales of hay...  one at a time!!!  Now, I admit it was kind of funny to listen to but I would NOT want to hit one of those with a car or small truck...  get that stuck under your catalytic converter and see how good your car insurance is real fast!!!

And they did finally get it pulled over up around Dixie Hwy overpass.

I hit a giant tumble weed with a rental car out in Phoenix during a storm one time....

Had a friend in the car with me, timed it perfectly to hit it right in the middle of the grill, then about wrecked the Malibu we were laughing so hard when it just exploded all over the place.

Guy at the rental car place seemed curious about all the debris stuck in the grill, but didn't say anything.

Gotta love those rental cars!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 49   Go Up