MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 50752 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #705 on: September 11, 2018, 06:53:51 AM »

As my alarm was going off in one ear this morning the scanner was chattering in the other ear.

A motorcycle vs. deer crash just south of Sterns on Secor.  The rider ended up not being critically injured but it obviously could have been a lot worse. 

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »

The MCRC somehow managed to rupture a natural gas line along Spalding Road this morning.  Now Frenchtown is having to call and request that they bring barricades out and close the road so FD can leave while they wait for MGU to shut down the gas leak?

I would hope that the MCRC had called Miss Dig before they started their work.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »

1241 E Elm...   I think that's where they're tearing down the homes adjacent to the battlefield park.

Looters in the home and cut the tubes to the outside AC unit and a large amount of freon is leaking out. 

I'm guessing by the time FD gets there the freon will be long gone.  PD just arrived so maybe they'll at least catch the culprits. 

I'm thinking back and don't ever remember hearing a freon call much less being dispatched to one.  A major freon leak inside could be a big problem but outside it's going to dissipate pretty fast.  Goes up and causes the hole in the ozone layer. 

There may be some oil or compressor lube on the ground but typically there won't be much of it and it isn't particularly any more hazardous than any small oil leak.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #708 on: October 04, 2018, 05:12:38 PM »

Guess I don't have to worry about anything strange on a scanner as I don't own one and don't want to really.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #709 on: October 04, 2018, 07:02:03 PM »

Just so you don't feel left out there is an app you can put on you iPad and phone.  Broadcastify.  You can select the dispatch that's close to you..Obviously I have the Monroe county sheriff, Monroe city police, fire and EMS dispatch

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #710 on: October 04, 2018, 09:03:11 PM »

I'll have to check it out.  My apps storage is about full.  I run the Obistan App fro my ATN night vision scope and it take a lot of room on the phone.

I can remotely control the scope and shooting solution from the phone as well as do streaming video with sound.  Pretty neat.

I'm really not much interested in listening to conversations anyway.  I can read about it a few days later in the MN.... ;D

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #711 on: October 04, 2018, 09:33:07 PM »

I'd go bonkers listening to a scanner.  A couple of nights ago I did fire it up as the sheriff was chasing a guy on foot in Bedford.  They were up and down my street a couple of times.  so I listened to scanner for a bit to see where the guy might be and if I needed to dust off the AR..

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #712 on: October 05, 2018, 07:28:11 AM »

Just so you don't feel left out there is an app you can put on you iPad and phone.  Broadcastify.  You can select the dispatch that's close to you..Obviously I have the Monroe county sheriff, Monroe city police, fire and EMS dispatch

Thanks for sharing that Blue2:-) have it on my computer playing now

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #713 on: October 05, 2018, 08:44:12 AM »

Not a big fan of listening to that chatter 24/7.  But it does come in handy sometimes.  Bedford has a Facebook page (Bedford Watch)started by the guy that started up the veterans center that has secured a bunch of volunteers to watch whats going on in the township and post important info to facebook..I saw the chase the other night and fired up the scanner.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #714 on: October 05, 2018, 08:48:12 AM »

Not a big fan of listening to that chatter 24/7.  But it does come in handy sometimes.  Bedford has a Facebook page (Bedford Watch)started by the guy that started up the veterans center that has secured a bunch of volunteers to watch whats going on in the township and post important info to facebook..I saw the chase the other night and fired up the scanner.

I am running it thru my computer off and on just to check it out for now; then will decide if I will put the app on my tablet.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #715 on: October 05, 2018, 09:25:13 AM »

I did add the app to my laptop but I almost never have that up and running in the evening when most of the chatter takes place that might be of a public safety concern..
And I just bought a 13" Mac Air.  fun to use right now.  I got so tired of Microsoft.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #716 on: October 05, 2018, 09:31:08 AM »

I did add the app to my laptop but I almost never have that up and running in the evening when most of the chatter takes place that might be of a public safety concern..
And I just bought a 13" Mac Air.  fun to use right now.  I got so tired of Microsoft.

I am on my tablet at night plus have my smaller tablet so may put it on there and that way I can still use the bigger tablet for other things and not have to worry about the audio level.  I hear you on Microsoft - seems they want to control every aspect of what we do on here.

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #717 on: October 06, 2018, 04:16:49 PM »

I have “ 5-0 Radio “ on my phone.
It’s free. Works great and can be turned on as needed.
Even while traveling.
Try it, you’ll like it.
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #718 on: October 06, 2018, 06:14:52 PM »

I know one thing and that is, if we had to do without laptops and tablets and cell phones, we'd be lost and it might not be all that bad.

halo_girl

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #719 on: October 06, 2018, 06:20:15 PM »

I know one thing and that is, if we had to do without laptops and tablets and cell phones, we'd be lost and it might not be all that bad.

ok granted for some it may not be a bad thing - however in my case, I am here in Michigan, my father is in Vegas, lives alone and is legally blind and relies on me to do his shopping for him once a month and without phones, we would have no conversations.  So it does have it's good and bad for sure.  Oh and seems everything has gone way of technology these days, apply for jobs online, do unemployment online, etc.

(Hope that was a cordial response for you  ;))
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49   Go Up