MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 64227 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2013, 09:12:30 AM »

Not if they can't collect...   my 'experience' over the years are the very people most likely to take advantage of 'the system' are the ones that had no intention of paying in the first place.

If you go to the doctor or a clinic you have to pay up front in most cases.  If you go to the ER they'll take care of you without any 'upfront' costs and you can pay later (if you want to)...

and if you arrive by ambulance I'm sure they'll probably put you ahead of many of those people that drove themselves there or had a friend of relative take them :( :( :(
Most of those have that magical "medicaid" card... 
Free medical care and rides to the hospital.

Granted it doesn't pay much - but it's enough to cover basics

There aren't that many that don't have it - and most hospitals will "assist" those who need it in filling out the paperwork for their "next" visit.

That is the major reason most of the "poor" switched to using the ER for their doctors offices...    Lawsuits have prevented ER's from denying services that other medical care providers have done.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2013, 11:01:10 AM »

How do I get one of those cards?

Can I get one from my employer?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2013, 02:15:23 PM »

There's an interesting call that Frenchtown is out on at Meijer right now...  but it sounds like it may be the 'culmination' of an ongoing series of calls from overnight.

They have a combative subject that was caught 'huffing paint'.  Like youngest daughter says...  "now I'm sure no one at Meijer is going to hear or 'smell' that and wonder what is going on"... 

what would the subject reply...  "oh just checking to see how paint this will smell on my walls" :o :o :o

Sheriff and an ambulance are on the scene now too now.

FD says it may be the same subject from earlier incident this morning where a guy flipped his truck over right in front of their station on N. Monroe street and then got away running across the Old Town golf course.

And that sounded like it may have been related to the 5 suspects that broke into a Frenchtown home and held some people captive with a shotgun!!!  Actually, they started in the garage so maybe he was just looking for some paint then ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2013, 02:18:01 PM »

Here's the article on the home and garage invasion this morning:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/jun/30/five-men-assaulted-monroe-garage/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #79 on: June 30, 2013, 07:42:53 PM »

Shouldn't the Headline Read Five Men Assaulted In Frenchtown Garage?

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/jun/30/five-men-assaulted-monroe-garage/

Not everyone gets pass the headline.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #80 on: June 30, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »

Shouldn't the Headline Read Five Men Assaulted In Frenchtown Garage?

Read more at: http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/jun/30/five-men-assaulted-monroe-garage/

Not everyone gets pass the headline.
Actually the headline really does say that...and you've proven your own point about not venturing past the headline since the story states:

"four male victims — ages 15 to 17"
<snip>
"During the fight, the homeowner, 38, and father to one of the victims, entered the garage to intervene."

Not five men in my book.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #81 on: July 01, 2013, 12:34:22 PM »

Can you believe people live in our community that don't understand what a "headline" is?

8*
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #82 on: July 05, 2013, 10:20:27 AM »

I'm thinking this was a glitch on the part of the alarm company perhaps due to understaffing on a holiday...

Yesterday (the 4th) central dispatch dispatched city fire  to a residence on N. Toll St. for a fire alarm activation however from the beginning the gal at central caught on that the keyholder contact phone number the alarm company was giving was for Lake Erie Transit.  The city fire truck arrived at Toll street and verified no working fire or smoke and then asked again for a keyholder contact number.  Central gave them the number and then again stated that the number was for Lake Erie Transit.  After a few minutes central stated the alarm company was back on the phone and were now stating the 'correct' location was at Lake Erie Transit!!!  No fire there either btw ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #83 on: August 10, 2013, 08:51:22 AM »

I haven't been around the scanner much lately but I did catch a very 'unique' dispatch yesterday afternoon...

Central dispatched Ottawa Lake FD to the Ottawa Lake Sportsman's Club for a car fire...   ok, nothing unique about that...  there are usually a couple of car fires around the county every day...

After a pause the dispatcher went on to say that the car would be located on the gun range...   

and that they had been using the car for target practice and it caught fire :o :o :o

I'm a little curious why they're using cars for target practice and thinking if they're going to continue the practice maybe they should make sure the fuel tank is out of the car before they 'commence firing' ;) ;) ;)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #84 on: August 10, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »

I've seen where places offer this type of "target" and it may be a stress reliever for those with road rage tendencies...

Can't figure out why they would be worried if it did catch fire?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #85 on: August 10, 2013, 02:34:54 PM »

Dang - some at my club get mad if you shoot a pop can.

I might have to see if Ottawa Lake has openings!

;D
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2013, 07:46:16 PM »

Rescue call at Flips & Kicks late this afternoon...

the woman had broken her back about 6 weeks ago according to the original dispatch...

Maybe I'm missing something here but shouldn't someone who broke their back maybe skip gymnastics for longer than 6 weeks :o :o :o

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2013, 08:13:23 PM »

Some women are just quick to jump back into the saddle if ya know what I mean.   ;)
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2013, 08:17:55 PM »

Some women are just quick to jump back into the saddle if ya know what I mean.   ;)

She probably won't be doing any of that again for a few more weeks either 8* 8* 8*

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2013, 08:22:45 PM »

Hell of a price for the husband to pay,,,,,,even considering the enjoyment that gymnastic ability of your mate would bring to the table.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 49   Go Up