MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61482 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #120 on: December 23, 2013, 11:53:42 PM »

LOL   good ole Pothole duty...   

Too bad no one has come up with a liquid patch, and instead we keep throwing $$ out the window on shoddy roads and their repairs...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #121 on: December 24, 2013, 04:53:34 AM »

Is that a common practice to just throw a flare in a pothole?  Never heard of that before.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #122 on: December 24, 2013, 08:15:28 AM »

No - unless they plan on returning every 20 minutes, it's useless.

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #123 on: December 25, 2013, 06:34:56 PM »

Two different 'interesting' calls on Christmas Eve...

The first one was out in front of Target...   

I kind of lost track of time last night but it was probably at least 8pm.

The call was dispatched as a man (I forgot the age) complaining of hemorrhoid pain "in front of the Target store" :o :o :o  Again, in all my emergency medical training I don't recall ever having training on emergency care of hemorrhoid pain and I'm thinking even if I was in a similar situation I'm not sure I'd call 911 looking for help 8* 8* 8*

Now, this call in itself so far would qualify in my opinion to make this thread...

but there's more!!!

About 10 minutes after Frenchtown first responders were on the scene they called central and asked to have a deputy sent to the scene as they had a 'combative patient' situation...   

maybe he didn't like the 'treatment' the first repsonders were administering ;D ;D ;D

I'm afraid if I'd have been the one calling central to request the deputy I would have had to go with the obvious and tell them the patient was being a pain in the A** :o :o :o

Then later (probably 11sh) they sent Ottawa Lake on a call...   elderly woman had been run over by her own car (I believe they actually said 'backed' over)...  it was only her leg that had been run over but it was bleeding and she was on blood thinners so she was concerned...

Our youngest daughter chuckled and said "at least she didn't get run over by a reindeer"  (yes, she has her father's sense of humor) :o :o :o ;) ;) ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgIwLeASnkw
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #124 on: January 11, 2014, 06:53:28 PM »

I didn't hear this one... 

but we drove onto it yesterday afternoon.

Heading south on Telegraph and as we went around the slight bend just north of Sterns Road we could see that the traffic light was out...   and as we got closer we could see that the one on the left was all busted up and hanging down to maybe 8 or 9' off the road.  There was also a MCSD stealth SUV parked behind a north bound Semi tractor box trailer.  And right at the very back end of the trailer was a huge snowdrift that also appeared iced over...  and it's probably 4 or even 5' high...  plenty high enough to take out the light.  We went on down to Alexis and I didn't see any more lights out so the trailer must have come from somewhere close.

About a half hour later when we were heading north the light was still out and the trailer and MCSD were still parked along Telegraph but MDOT was there working on repairing the light already.  If MDOT can respond to an incident like this as quick as they did it just tells me even more that they're the ones that should be plowing the state roads....

and then as we got up to the weigh station on Telegraph there was that pitiful looking MCRC mower sitting there with the snow all drifted up around it just wishing it was sitting back at the MCRC garage out of the weather 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #125 on: January 12, 2014, 12:05:28 AM »

Couple of more melting days like today and they can get back to "mowing"...   ;D
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #126 on: January 12, 2014, 10:00:58 AM »

Couple of more melting days like today and they can get back to "mowing"...   ;D

True...  but if they're into any type of preventive maintenance program whatsoever down at the MCRC they'll still have to go out and bring those two machines back into the garage and go through them.  That's exactly why I don't see what their thoughts behind leaving them set outside all winter are :-\ :-\ :-\

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #127 on: January 12, 2014, 11:17:51 AM »

I can't believe the number of vehicle fires in the last few days...

another one just called in right now at Vivian and Nadeau!

I think this is the 3rd one today already.

The sun shining on the windshields must be catching them on fire!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #128 on: January 12, 2014, 11:37:35 AM »

MonroeTown FD running a 'public assistance' call right now in the former Harwood Plaza...   

I guess it's now the MB&T Plaza...  on Laplaisance!

At the SureFire Ministries....   

they must have been preaching too much hellfire and brimstone this morning...   

the city water pipe has apparently ruptured and they need assistance in shutting off the water ;) ;) ;)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #129 on: January 12, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

MonroeTown FD running a 'public assistance' call right now in the former Harwood Plaza...   

I guess it's now the MB&T Plaza...  on Laplaisance!

At the SureFire Ministries....   

they must have been preaching too much hellfire and brimstone this morning...   

the city water pipe has apparently ruptured and they need assistance in shutting off the water ;) ;) ;)

I'm guessing it's been ruptured for a few days and someone came in to open the church and found it... 

-15 will freeze and break lots of pipes in cheap construction...

Wonder why they didn't just call the City Water Department to shut it off?  (or better yet find the meter and shut it off)
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #130 on: January 12, 2014, 11:48:18 AM »

I'm guessing it's been ruptured for a few days and someone came in to open the church and found it... 

-15 will freeze and break lots of pipes in cheap construction...

Wonder why they didn't just call the City Water Department to shut it off?  (or better yet find the meter and shut it off)

Calvin is calling the water department right now.  One of the personnel on the scene says the whole area is flooded so you're most likely right that it's been broken for a while now. 

MonroeTown has has had several runs for sprinkler alarms due to frozen pipes in some of the other buildings out there in the last week...  but that particular building was built 'without' sprinklers which I have always wondered how they managed to sneak that through?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #131 on: January 12, 2014, 12:00:19 PM »

MonroeTown finally got in touch with someone from 'building maintenance' to come down and shut off the water...  they'll be there in about a half an hour.  I'm guessing that's probably at minimum a 2" water line feeding that wing of the complex...  I wonder how many gallons an hour that line can dump?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #132 on: January 14, 2014, 11:08:18 AM »

MonroeTown finally got in touch with someone from 'building maintenance' to come down and shut off the water...  they'll be there in about a half an hour.  I'm guessing that's probably at minimum a 2" water line feeding that wing of the complex...  I wonder how many gallons an hour that line can dump?

We drove by there late Sunday afternoon and looked in the windows.  All their posters were curling from the moisture inside and all the humidity was condensing on the front windows and running down to the floor.  There were several ceiling tile down in one area so I'm thinking it was the main distribution line that's above the ceiling of that building.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #133 on: January 14, 2014, 11:11:35 AM »

This is a strange 'coincidence' for calls...

First a 'slip and fall' outside on the ice in the parking lot at Mental Health on Raisinville road...

and while everyone is enroute to that call another 'slip and fall' down at the community college!!!

The black ice must be popping in that stretch 8* 8* 8*

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #134 on: January 18, 2014, 08:29:45 PM »

Reminded me of a call from a senior citizen last week that experienced a busted water pipe. Guess she tried to get help but the soonest she was told someone would arrive was in a week. It was an hour drive from me but had it repaired for less than $20 in parts. She's on a fixed income...I didn't charge her and was pleasantly surprised when she mailed us a thank you card.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 49   Go Up