MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 64119 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2014, 09:35:15 AM »

I was just sitting here thinking there hadn't been any rash of crashes on the roads this morning...  then it hit me that it's Sunday and not as many people out and about today...

and about then MonroeTown got a call out on Laplaisance road by the Speedway station!  Probably just got off the freeway and still wanted to drive 75 :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #136 on: February 09, 2014, 10:02:28 AM »

And now 2 more crashes down in Erie township...

one is a tanker truck (don't know what's in it yet) blocking all 3 lanes of SB 75 at the state line.  The fuel tanks on the tractor are leaking fuel and they're right by Halfway creek.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #137 on: February 09, 2014, 12:41:48 PM »

Turns out the truck in Erie wasn't a tanker but rather a box truck...  the fuel was leaking out of the fuel tank on the tractor.  They're just finishing cleaning it up right now!

From 13ABC on twitter:

One interesting 'side note' in all of the mess down there. 

They firefighters had an awful time with someone driving (well trying anyway) a corvette.  They were trying to drive 'up' the exit ramp from a crawl and they couldn't get up the hill...

What I want to know is who in the hell is out driving around in a Corvette on a day like this?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #138 on: February 09, 2014, 05:30:30 PM »

Here's a picture from the MonroeNews...   you can see that the truck is almost directly over the creek.  They got the truck moved and the road back open around 12:45.  Oldest daughter and her husband saw them hauling the truck back going the wrong way in the lanes (road was closed down).

From:  http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/feb/09/southbound-i-75-closed/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #139 on: February 09, 2014, 06:38:35 PM »

Did you catch the training exercise that was coming through on the Monroe Feed about the same time as Morin Point?

I about fell out of my chair a few times it was so funny.

I remember one guy coming on and telling someone "Welcome to the Party."

In another case they said they had a potentially unsafe building they needed to asses to see if they could put victims there.  The dispatcher came on and said send in the Volunteers.  If they come back out it must be safe.

I hope that department never has a real disaster.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #140 on: February 09, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

Did you catch the training exercise that was coming through on the Monroe Feed about the same time as Morin Point?

In another case they said they had a potentially unsafe building they needed to asses to see if they could put victims there.  The dispatcher came on and said send in the Volunteers.  If they come back out it must be safe.

I did hear something but I was on the phone screaming at some Charter rep in a call center in  the Philippines...   I finally asked him his name and he laughed and said "Phil" :o :o :o

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #141 on: February 09, 2014, 08:36:51 PM »

Did you ask Phil how is country is faring in the Winter Olympics?

;)
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #142 on: February 09, 2014, 08:46:36 PM »

Did you ask Phil how is country is faring in the Winter Olympics?

;)

Phil and I weren't exactly in 'small talk' mode...

I'd just gone through a long spiel of everything I thought was wrong with his employer!!!

And that's a long list btw ;) ;) ;)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2014, 07:58:36 AM »

It sounds like you feel about as positive about Charter as I did about Comcast.

I hated those guys.

It was a happy day when I dumped them.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »

I dumped charter a while ago.  I didn't miss it when I was home, and I still don't miss it!

My pocketbook is a little fuller too!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:58 AM »

I dumped charter a while ago.  I didn't miss it when I was home, and I still don't miss it!

My pocketbook is a little fuller too!

Enough to upgrade to steaks on the grill from time to time in your travels?

The "Monroe Feed"?   is that the City's private channel?   
I can imagine the FF's having fun with the "volunteer police"...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2014, 11:36:33 AM »

Got the answer as why my scanner stopped working... 

have to upgrade the "channels" as they did some modifications

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »

There is an APP that BRD turned me onto that you can listen to various police / fire / EMS / Other stuff on your mobile device.

For it to work someone has to volunteer to streams the Monroe Fire and EMS and apparently some Ohio thrown in for fun to the internet via a website.  You can listen to feeds from all over the world.

I was calling the Monroe Fire / EMS the "Monroe Feed."

Kind of curious where the police are - didn't see anything for the MSP, Sheriff, or Monroe Police.  I guess that means no one volunteered to stream the feed for them.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2014, 11:56:59 AM »

I did hear something but I was on the phone screaming at some Charter rep in a call center in  the Philippines...   I finally asked him his name and he laughed and said "Phil" :o :o :o

Are you sure he didn't say "My name is Peggy"?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2014, 06:00:25 PM »

Are you sure he didn't say "My name is Peggy"?

Actually it did sound a lot like Mr. Peggy :o :o :o

Discover Card - Peggy Customer Service #1

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 49   Go Up