MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61437 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #300 on: July 11, 2014, 09:40:34 AM »

Sounds like Tamaron - and they probably do have an access, but it's likely been so long, no one had the key or remembered where it was... 

I recall having a large "key ring" for various gates around town - and if the labeling wasn't done right - it was quicker to use the multipurpose entry tools we had available  ;D

I have a pair of the 36" multipurpose entry tools I use quite regularly!

I always love how in the movies or on TV they just 'ram the gate' with the firetruck...

Ok, let's do the math...   $10 padlock, $3500 gate, $450,000 fire truck ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #301 on: July 12, 2014, 04:42:35 PM »

Actually, the best method is to freeze the padlock shackle with a CO2 fire extingusher and tap it with a hammer.  It shatters btw.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #302 on: July 13, 2014, 08:05:04 AM »

Actually, the best method is to freeze the padlock shackle with a CO2 fire extingusher and tap it with a hammer.  It shatters btw.

It's difficult to quick freeze the shackle without freezing whatever it's going through (isn't always just a chain)...  besides, it's more prudent to save the CO2 when you have to do an emergency 'cooling' operation on some beer ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #303 on: July 13, 2014, 12:33:05 PM »

If quick entry means shattering the shackle too, so be it.  I don't consume beer so thats a non issue here.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #304 on: July 13, 2014, 01:21:47 PM »

One of my more memorable calls
we had to use our "surgical" multipurpose entry tool -   at the Hospital.   

A young person had the chain link from a swing hook onto her Achilles tendon (the back of the heel)
- and the surgeon called for us and our "tools" 
I had a photo of it - but it's faded over the years (an old polaroid)

I have a pair of the 36" multipurpose entry tools I use quite regularly!

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #305 on: July 13, 2014, 06:13:09 PM »

That had to hurt a little.....

Did you do the cutting or did the Surgeon?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #306 on: July 13, 2014, 09:12:54 PM »

One of my more memorable calls
we had to use our "surgical" multipurpose entry tool -   at the Hospital.   

A young person had the chain link from a swing hook onto her Achilles tendon (the back of the heel)
- and the surgeon called for us and our "tools" 
I had a photo of it - but it's faded over the years (an old polaroid)

Did they have an autoclave at the hospital big enough to sterilize them before they used them  ??? ??? ???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #307 on: July 13, 2014, 09:30:39 PM »

It's a full moon...

it's even a 'super moon'...

I wonder if they make people 'loonier' than a normal full moon ??? ??? ???

There have been a lot of slightly strange rescue calls in the last couple of days :o :o :o

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #308 on: July 13, 2014, 09:37:51 PM »

Did they have an autoclave at the hospital big enough to sterilize them before they used them  ??? ??? ???

Dip the end in unleaded regular and call it good.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #309 on: July 13, 2014, 10:18:55 PM »

That had to hurt a little.....

Did you do the cutting or did the Surgeon?
I did the cutting -
I'm sure the Surgeon got the $$ however  ;D

We just wiped the cutting edges with alcohol - no sterilization
They had the little one pretty well draped with all those fancy towels so we didn't get em greasy.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #310 on: July 16, 2014, 07:48:01 AM »

MonroeTown is already out on a call where someone backed into a gas meter on their home!  I have heard several of those calls in the last couple of months.  Have people forgotten how to drive (or at least back up) or have they just forgotten where their gas meter hangs :( :( :(

I remember a call many years ago where the homeowner was burning leaves in the fall.  He was out in a shallow ditch in front of his house and the fire got hot enough to melt the plastic service drop going into his house.  His pile of smoldering leaves suddenly turned into a large roaring fire!  He claimed he'd been burning leaves like that right there in the same spot for 20 years!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #311 on: July 16, 2014, 11:51:17 AM »

Just heard the 2nd call within the last week or so for a person in a wheelchair that fell out of their chair on a Lake Erie transit bus!  I don't recall ever hearing one before so to hear two this close together makes me wonder what's going on 8* 8* 8*

I'm guessing the bus drivers will be doing some remedial training in the next couple of weeks! 

For the record this call now is just for a lift assist and they're saying "no injuries"...

I don't recall the details on the first one although it sounded like there may have been an injury for that one.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #312 on: July 16, 2014, 09:19:21 PM »

'Rock'in and Roll'in on the LET bus.

IMO, a wheelchair with an occupant, not secured on any transit bus would be a loose cannon, especially with the crazy dtivers out there in Monroeland.

In the back of the bus, driver makes a panic stop and the chair and occupant goes through the windshield....  just say'in. :o
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 09:21:59 PM by SidecarFlip »

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #313 on: July 16, 2014, 09:23:42 PM »

Gives new meaning to the old truck driver saying..."First on the scene with the radiator cap..... (in a cabover wreck).

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #314 on: July 21, 2014, 08:29:21 AM »

If you're trying to get to Dundee this morning (or I suppose if you're in Dundee and trying to get to Monroe) M-50 is closed between the Kroger store and Dixon Road.  Several power poles down with the transformers on the ground!  I didn't hear what happened to knock them down but you'll have to find an alternative route.  Probably Dixon to Wells Road and then north and it turns into Oak street.

At least you can stop at Schultzs' farm stand get some sweet corn while you're making the detour ;) ;) ;)

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 49   Go Up