MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 65776 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #315 on: July 21, 2014, 08:53:17 AM »

Similar info from the MonroeNews...

except they left out the info on the detour and the sweet corn ;D ;D ;D

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/jul/21/transformer-fire-causes-road-closure-dundee/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #316 on: July 22, 2014, 10:19:36 AM »

Last night (probably around 7 but there was so much else going on I kind of lost track of times) Dundee FD was dispatched back out to the site of the original transformer fires yesterday morning.  Apparently there was another one burning last night.  It wasn't clear if it was a different one or one that DTE replaced yesterday!

Wondering if someone has a large 'grow' operation going on in the immediate area ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #317 on: July 26, 2014, 09:15:16 AM »

How does a fuel tank just 'fall off' a semi tractor? 

Just happened on Dunbar just east of Dixie...  sounds like it must be by the cement plant but they didn't say whose semi it is.  Doesn't sound like any other problem other than the tank is off the truck and laying in the road and leaking :( :( :(

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #318 on: July 26, 2014, 09:18:40 AM »

It's at the other end of the block close to the old entrance to the quarry.  Fuel is running into the storm drain.  No word yet if it's diesel or gasoline though.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #319 on: July 26, 2014, 09:21:17 AM »

It's a 163 gallon tank and it 'was' full and a 'substantial' amount has leaked out of the tank already!  I wonder where that storm drain runs to?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #320 on: July 26, 2014, 10:18:39 AM »

It's a 163 gallon tank and it 'was' full and a 'substantial' amount has leaked out of the tank already!  I wonder where that storm drain runs to?

The road commission will be there 'eventually' to sand the road...

sounds like they finally have figured out which drain that catch basin drains to...

the trucking company is getting an Environmental company lined up to handle the clean up!

I sure do hope their insurance was up to date :o :o :o

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #321 on: July 27, 2014, 08:34:53 AM »

I wonder if the professor is playing golf in Dundee this morning?

Dundee FD is out on a rescue call for a man struck by a golf ball :o :o :o

I'm not a golfer so don't have any idea what the odds are of that happening but for as many golf courses as there are in the area you don't hear many calls for it.  I hear more for possible heart attacks I think. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #322 on: July 27, 2014, 08:37:32 AM »

The road commission will be there 'eventually' to sand the road...

sounds like they finally have figured out which drain that catch basin drains to...

the trucking company is getting an Environmental company lined up to handle the clean up!

I sure do hope their insurance was up to date :o :o :o

We drove down Dunbar last night and you could see all the 'kitty litter' stains on the road and it was right next to a catch basin for the storm drain.  I could smell diesel fuel in the air too!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #323 on: July 27, 2014, 09:27:50 AM »

I wonder if the professor is playing golf in Dundee this morning?

Dundee FD is out on a rescue call for a man struck by a golf ball :o :o :o

I'm not a golfer so don't have any idea what the odds are of that happening but for as many golf courses as there are in the area you don't hear many calls for it.  I hear more for possible heart attacks I think.

My guess would be, especially since Prof has had back to back holes in one displaying accuracy, that he hit Brian B since they have been sparring on here regarding City politics.  They have been known to be on the same course at the same time.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #324 on: July 27, 2014, 10:25:06 AM »

My guess would be, especially since Prof has had back to back holes in one displaying accuracy, that he hit Brian B since they have been sparring on here regarding City politics.  They have been known to be on the same course at the same time.

Since they are partners it would have to be an assault with a club wouldn't it?

That would be counterproductive to winning a league.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #325 on: July 27, 2014, 10:31:04 AM »

Come on now......watch how those two spar on here, one is just as competitive as the other.  I'm thinking a round of golf between those two more resembles a Texas Death Match as seen on the wrestling channel. 

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #326 on: July 27, 2014, 01:15:38 PM »

Come on now......watch how those two spar on here, one is just as competitive as the other.  I'm thinking a round of golf between those two more resembles a Texas Death Match as seen on the wrestling channel.

I'm guessing when they are playing they are giving it to their opponents?

;D

I would say Prof and Brian are pretty good friends.....

Just like Ron Reagan and Tip O'Neal.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #327 on: July 27, 2014, 01:42:44 PM »

I'm guessing when they are playing they are giving it to their opponents?

;D

I would say Prof and Brian are pretty good friends.....

Just like Ron Reagan and Tip O'Neal.

LOL   enjoy the comments...

Brian and I are not all that far apart in politics for the most part - and we have an agreement,
no discussions on the golf course :-)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #328 on: July 27, 2014, 01:51:45 PM »

Classic example of how to each have your own opinion and still be friends. Maybe you guys could share a little of what you are smoking with the rest of us !
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #329 on: July 27, 2014, 02:02:21 PM »

LOL   enjoy the comments...

Brian and I are not all that far apart in politics for the most part - and we have an agreement,
no discussions on the golf course :-)

He told me that agreement was made in order to guarantee you wouldn't feel a 3 iron on your knee during your back swing.

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 49   Go Up