MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61972 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #345 on: August 11, 2014, 08:38:52 AM »

And the noxious fumes of Natural gas differ in what way from...............Oh, nevermind.

Well, for one, they (usually) linger longer...

get stronger as you approach the source (again, assuming in your case that the 'source' didn't immediately exit the building)...

Frequently able to verify audibly or visually in some manner!

In this case MonroeTown responders did indicate shortly after they arrived that they had located the 'source' and they requested MGU (as opposed to a sheriff deputy) :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #346 on: August 11, 2014, 10:04:44 AM »

Be careful if you're driving on Telegraph this morning south of Albain Rd....

They had to evacuate the Rainbow Clinic for the smell of natural gas so I'm thinking there's going to be a lot of 'frustrated' customers this morning :( :( :(

I thought the Rainbow "clinic" was in Toledo in front of the bowling alley...   ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #347 on: August 11, 2014, 10:08:11 AM »

A brush fire behind the Lambertville fire station during a rain storm :-\ :-\ :-\
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #348 on: August 15, 2014, 02:13:21 AM »

I thought the Rainbow "clinic" was in Toledo in front of the bowling alley...   ;D

Isn't the 'Rainbow Clinic' the place they shut down on Airport Highway for giving intimate massages? ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #349 on: August 15, 2014, 08:07:44 AM »

They relieve a different kind of pain from the other clinics  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #350 on: August 15, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »

I've always preferred the natural methods of pain relief.   ;)
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #351 on: August 15, 2014, 02:01:11 PM »

Didn't hear what was happening on the scanner but around 10:30 or so this morning...a MCSD, in a black car, screamed by with the throttle wide open.

That type of action is usually reserved for officer down situations.

So I wonder...what happened?
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #352 on: August 19, 2014, 03:26:17 PM »

Didn't hear what was happening on the scanner but around 10:30 or so this morning...a MCSD, in a black car, screamed by with the throttle wide open.

That type of action is usually reserved for officer down situations.

So I wonder...what happened?

He probably heard they were almost out of jelly donuts at Monica's ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #353 on: August 19, 2014, 03:30:52 PM »

The entire county is under a sever thunderstorm warning until 9pm.  Heard that on the scanner and the MonroeNews put out a tweet with similar info.

Also:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #354 on: August 20, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

There have been power line down and transformer issues all over the county today but Frenchtown has had several runs for major transformer issues.  One at Telegraph and Stewart and now on N. Monroe St. by Cheers (former Frenchtown Liquor) it sounds like.  One responder commented "it looks like the excavator hit it"!!!

Just checked the DTE outage map and there is a huge area out of power along Monroe street from just north of the river all the way to Hurd Road!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #355 on: August 20, 2014, 05:39:40 PM »

Whrn I came home late last night, there was numerous DTE trucks at Ida West and Summerfield Road.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #356 on: August 20, 2014, 05:40:47 PM »

It came down south of Toledo and all the way to Butler, Indiana yesterday evening.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #357 on: August 21, 2014, 11:01:19 AM »

Whrn I came home late last night, there was numerous DTE trucks at Ida West and Summerfield Road.

One of the first casualties I heard on the scanner was a tree down on 'Old' Ida Center road...   that's the little one block long or so stretch off of Wells Rd...

Then later in the night (well after dark) a vehicle 'ran into' the tree...

ok, we know it had fallen at least a couple of hours earlier...

let's figure this out...   

you're driving on a stretch of road that you shouldn't be going very fast on in the first place...

there's been a nasty wind storm in the last few hours...

it's dark out...

maybe you should 'slow down' just in case :o :o :o

It didn't sound like anyone was hurt but central did say the car was "up on the tree"...

maybe if they can't drive any better than that they should just leave it "up on the tree" :o :o :o

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #358 on: August 21, 2014, 03:43:32 PM »

They were probably checking their storm tracker "app"  or reading a "txt"... 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #359 on: October 08, 2014, 08:35:02 AM »

Frenchtown FD is trying to figure out how to get rid of a dead horse this morning.  Apparently a vehicle hit the horse earlier (no injuries reported to the driver) this morning and the horse ended up on in a ditch alongside Williams road.  Animal control doesn't deal with horses and apparently since it's out of the roadway the best the road commission will do is send a loader to load it for the owner once they are located. 

Frenchtown had the 'strange call' of the day yesterday too...   it's the time of year that all the fire hydrants have to be inspected and pumped out to make sure they don't freeze up during the winter.  In Frenchtown their FD performs this function so easy to hear their ongoing 'discussion' on the scanner.  Out on LaSalle road there is actually an entire hydrant that is missing!!!  They could find where it 'should be' easy enough but there is damage to the pipe where the hydrant was attached and the entire hydrant is MIA :o :o :o

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 49   Go Up