MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61500 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #405 on: December 26, 2014, 07:40:31 AM »

Hummm......the bag did fill, but it still appears his head hit the windshield since it was shattered right above the steering wheel.  The bag should have protected from that.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #406 on: December 26, 2014, 08:25:07 AM »

Hummm......the bag did fill, but it still appears his head hit the windshield since it was shattered right above the steering wheel.  The bag should have protected from that.

I noticed the windshield 'hit' too...   thought that appeared odd :-\ :-\ :-\

You can see how much water is on the pavement in the video.  He couldn't have been going very fast even if he was in 'hot pursuit'!

It's also curious that the original call was for a 'rollover' and that it was 'on' the freeway (rather than under it)....  but I also realize it can at times be very difficult for the 911 operators to get factual information from callers!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #407 on: December 26, 2014, 08:41:18 AM »

Firefighters and first responders (city and pretty much county wide) and MCA staff sure didn't get much of a day off yesterday.  Numerous rescue calls...   at least one was at the same home twice! 

A crash in the mid afternoon on Telegraph near Newport Road with one of the drivers reported doing some crazy stuff after the crash...  makes me wonder what they may have been doing 'before' the crash ??? ??? ???

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/dec/25/2-injured-car-crash-telegraph-rd/

Then last night LaSalle (mutual aid from MonroeTown FD) had a 'garage' fire (the short news release doesn't mention that it was an attached garage)  Even though they got a pretty decent 'stop' on the fire the house had a lot of damage. 

I also heard them respond back again later in the night (I 'sort of' heard it but don't even remember the time or how long they were there).

I just went to post the link to the article and I see it's been updated while I was posting the above...

unless one 'cuts and pastes' the entire article they're always subject to change 'after the fact'...

off topic but that is one very valid concern many have with posting 'legal' notices online...   

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2014/dec/26/garage-catches-fire-lasalle/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #408 on: December 26, 2014, 06:51:36 PM »

Josh has been told before...that he has a big head..... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #409 on: December 26, 2014, 10:51:35 PM »

I disagree - the airbags when fully inflated will cause the windshield to break in that  area - a head through the windshield would have been a much smaller circle. 
Besides we all know he was wearing a seat belt now don't we  ;)

you'll note the driver side didn't deploy so he didn't have anyone sitting in that seat doing anything that could have caused him to be distracted   ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #410 on: December 27, 2014, 07:27:47 AM »

That is the case for the passenger side air bag Prof.  The hinged door under the skin, or weakened point on an uncovered instrument panel will hit the windshield.  The driver side however is embedded in the steering wheel and I'm not sure I've seen those bags contact the windshield unless the occupant's momentum pushes the bag into the windshield.  The intended protection zones are different from passenger to driver side.

I suppose it could happen, but generally isn't the designed inflated direction out of the steering wheel.  That one is to go rearward in vehicle to keep from crushing ribs and lungs.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #411 on: December 27, 2014, 02:14:47 PM »

The only other logical explanation is the bridge abutment pushed the hood of the car into the windshield - causing that low glass breakage on only the driver side?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #412 on: December 27, 2014, 08:12:51 PM »

Possible perhaps......I froze the frame showing looking through the driver door and really can't tell.  Looks like the approximate spot the head would hit.

http://www.13abc.com/story/27704187/monroe-police-officer-injured-in-crash

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #413 on: December 27, 2014, 10:10:41 PM »

Possible perhaps......I froze the frame showing looking through the driver door and really can't tell.  Looks like the approximate spot the head would hit.

http://www.13abc.com/story/27704187/monroe-police-officer-injured-in-crash

So you're saying the airbag failed? - otherwise how could a passenger get to the low side of the front windshield...
 across the steering wheel and airbag
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #414 on: December 28, 2014, 04:48:06 AM »

Possibilities...

I agree the windshield appears damaged only on the driver's side...   could it have come from an external impact... 

maybe someone tossed something off the overpass...  maybe that is why he was in the area in the first place...   with the fine condition our bridges and roads are in did a big truck above on the roadway lose something or throw a piece of the roadway ??? ??? ???

Or, if the impact occurred when steering wheel was at 180 (or approximately) degrees from straight ahead would the airbag have a more directional (and upward) force :-\ :-\ :-\

Did the driver possibly have something in his hand (an insulated coffee mug for example [I doubt a donut would have caused that much damage]) ??? ??? ???

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #415 on: December 28, 2014, 05:41:57 AM »

So you're saying the airbag failed? - otherwise how could a passenger get to the low side of the front windshield...

Most of the police vehicles I'm familiar with have a computer mounted between the driver's seat and a passenger seat so it would be even more difficult for anything to get across there...

or perhaps the airbag hit something over there which hit the windshield.  We're not getting a real clear view of the windshield damage to say the least.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #416 on: December 28, 2014, 07:11:46 AM »

I just don't know Prof......it just looks odd to me and I can't figure out if it is a system failure where the bag deployment was delayed, or to BRD's point of something else in that cockpit hitting it or even something in his hand.  The coincidental part that confuses me is that the center point of that shatter is just about where the driver's head would hit......which if is the case then there was a delay in getting the bag to break through the wheel cover material to protect the driver.   

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #417 on: December 28, 2014, 09:02:56 AM »

I'm sure the "NEWS" will follow up...   

it would seem logical for them to request a copy of the accident report
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #418 on: December 29, 2014, 08:31:58 AM »

I just don't know Prof......it just looks odd to me and I can't figure out if it is a system failure where the bag deployment was delayed, or to BRD's point of something else in that cockpit hitting it or even something in his hand.  The coincidental part that confuses me is that the center point of that shatter is just about where the driver's head would hit......which if is the case then there was a delay in getting the bag to break through the wheel cover material to protect the driver.   

One possibility we've overlooked...

the airbag didn't deploy during the original impact... 

may have been set off after the fact...

all we know for sure is that it had deployed by the time the 13ABC News truck was there!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #419 on: December 29, 2014, 10:27:23 AM »

Here's one I don't hear very often...

Estral Beach FD is on a rescue call and asked the ETA of the responding ambulance...

Central responded there were NO ambulances available at this time and that MCA was trying to scramble a unit from 'somewhere' (I couldn't hear it real clear but that is frequently from Toledo or other out of county unit) :( :( :(

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 49   Go Up