MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61498 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #510 on: April 16, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »

Multiple people stuck in an elevator at the Total Sports complex on Stewart road!!!

Sometimes it's easier to take the stairs :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
« Reply #511 on: April 16, 2016, 12:15:35 PM »

Multiple people stuck in an elevator at the Total Sports complex on Stewart road!!!

Sometimes it's easier to take the stairs :o :o :o

Especially in a SPORTS COMPLEX!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #512 on: April 16, 2016, 12:53:54 PM »

Especially in a SPORTS COMPLEX!!!

These are probably the same people I see drive around the parking lot at the gym 3 or 4 times so they can find a parking spot 'up close' so they can hurry inside and walk on the treadmill :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #513 on: April 16, 2016, 09:02:45 PM »

About 6 pm they called the FD for an overturned boat with busted windows back at the quarry behind Heck Park. A little later I ran into a fireman and he said it was a 24 footer. How did they get a boat that big back there and get it in the water, and why? A little later the FD called the MCA and said they need them back there and told them how to get back there. So if they needed the MCA someone must have been hurt back there. Didn't hear anything else as I was away from my radio.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2016, 08:51:16 AM »

About 6 pm they called the FD for an overturned boat with busted windows back at the quarry behind Heck Park. A little later I ran into a fireman and he said it was a 24 footer. How did they get a boat that big back there and get it in the water, and why? A little later the FD called the MCA and said they need them back there and told them how to get back there. So if they needed the MCA someone must have been hurt back there. Didn't hear anything else as I was away from my radio.

That's an old quarry back there.  I thought it had finally been all fenced in although I realize that people will always find a way 'in'.  It's not real big (a couple of acres at most I would guess) but it is deep. 

I heard a Beford firefighter calling central dispatch to say there was a 'fistfight' happening in the middle of Lewis Avenue...

I figured maybe one of those 'LuckEyes' were trying to sneak into Michigan again...   A few minutes later they called in again and said the fight had ended and one of the participants was leaving the area in a vehicle.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #515 on: May 03, 2016, 09:11:41 AM »

Just heard a rescue call dispatched for a woman 'possibly not breathing' and then before the words were out of the dispatcher's mouth she added that they do have a 'Do Not Resuscitate' order at the scene :-\ :-\ :-\

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #516 on: May 03, 2016, 09:20:28 AM »

Just heard a rescue call dispatched for a woman 'possibly not breathing' and then before the words were out of the dispatcher's mouth she added that they do have a 'Do Not Resuscitate' order at the scene :-\ :-\ :-\
Probably a case where the family wasn't all on the same page...  a sad and difficult situation for any responders for sure!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #517 on: May 03, 2016, 09:42:40 AM »

Probably a case where the family wasn't all on the same page...  a sad and difficult situation for any responders for sure!

Been there when most of the family is screaming for 'help them' and one person is standing there with the DNR...

definitely a case where all are not on the same page.

This morning their chief was on the scene in just a couple of minutes and reduced all responders to code 3.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #518 on: July 06, 2016, 08:50:53 AM »

Just heard the 2nd call in two days for a rescue call at the 'Happy Day' Motel on S. Telegraph in Bedford. 

Apparently it's not a 'happy day' for someone :o :o :o

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #519 on: July 29, 2016, 03:01:54 PM »

Summerfield and Dundee are both out on multiple grass fires along NB US 23!  Either something is throwing sparks or someone is lighting matcheds just to watch them burn!!!

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #520 on: July 29, 2016, 03:31:45 PM »

Summerfield and Dundee are both out on multiple grass fires along NB US 23!  Either something is throwing sparks or someone is lighting matcheds just to watch them burn!!!

What's up with their radio system? I heard central dispatch call out but don't hear return traffic. Earlier someone was on the VHF frequency checking to hear Summerfield, Berlin and Dundee. They said they were using the old radios and they were kind of weak. Is something wrong with their digital radio system?
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #521 on: July 29, 2016, 05:36:12 PM »

BRD...what brand / type of scanner do you have, thinking about one.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #522 on: July 30, 2016, 09:28:59 AM »

BRD...what brand / type of scanner do you have, thinking about one.

I have an older Bearcat (now Uniden)...

not so old that it has crystals though.

We had a thread on scanners at one time...   I'll look for it. 

My guess is any of the name brands are all pretty much the same although I don't follow it that close.  Like so much else there are forums online you can follow or join.  Some are for specific scanners and others on the hobby in general.

Don't let them sell you on how many 'hundreds' of channels you can scan.  You'll get tired of most of them in short order.  I can only imagine how exciting it would be listening to the MCRC all day long ;D ;D ;D

I don't even listen to local LE unless there is something major going on. 

I do listen to the fire frequencies 7-24 although I really wish I could 'skip' the rescue calls most of the time...

just too many people today with a sore thumb or a fever!!!

You'd probably want to be able to scan Lenawee County too...

my next one will be a hand held portable so we can use it when we're traveling. 

Once you learn to 'program' the scanner (really not that bad) then it's just a matter of finding the frequency for the department and location but that's pretty easy when you have access to the WWW!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #523 on: July 30, 2016, 09:37:28 AM »

I thought we had an earlier thread with a little more info but here is the only one I found so far:

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=30035.0

In Monroe it's been all Herkimer for decades...   they're just south of Unfriendly Ford out on N. Telegraph.  I think it's the corner of La Salle Road.  They can service if you ever have issues.  There are places in Toledo too and I'd guess there may be someone in Adrian too. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #524 on: July 30, 2016, 09:46:11 AM »

Article on the fires along northbound 23 yesterday.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160729/grass-fire-smoke-closes-milan-area-road

There was an actually a crash up in Washtenaw county that closed the freeway.  They said that was a result of smoke and limited visibility which translates to people driving too fast for road conditions (smoke)!!!

I still haven't seen what caused the string of fires...

hope it wasn't someone bored with nothing else to do :( :( :(

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 49   Go Up