MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 61481 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #525 on: July 30, 2016, 09:52:20 AM »

What's up with their radio system? I heard central dispatch call out but don't hear return traffic. Earlier someone was on the VHF frequency checking to hear Summerfield, Berlin and Dundee. They said they were using the old radios and they were kind of weak. Is something wrong with their digital radio system?

They've still got issues this morning..

just heard central paging Luna Pier fire for a monitor test. 

I don't have any idea what the problems are although it seems like they are still able to set off the sirens from central and in the worst case scenario the responders can phone central for the dispatch info.  The way we did it in the old days.  And before that central would phone the chief and the chief's wife would phone two more firefighters while the chief was on his way to the station...   each two firefighters would have to call two more and in short order the entire department was on their way.  No idea how they did it before that...

maybe 'smoke' signals ;D ;D ;D
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #526 on: July 30, 2016, 09:31:38 PM »

BRD...what brand / type of scanner do you have, thinking about one.

Be careful what you get, some of the digital trunking scanners won't work right in Monroe County because of the VHF simulcast interferes with them and you get garbled talk. I bought one for $ 400 and it was junk. A good one should cost $ 500 or more new.

If you want to listen to just the Fire Dept dispatch (no police) any scanner will do and tune it to 159.090. I use my ham radio to monitor the FD dispatch.

This place has tons of info: http://www.radioreference.com/
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #527 on: July 31, 2016, 09:00:51 AM »

A house in S. Rockwood was destroyed by fire Saturday plus they lost 3 dogs in the fire. 

http://www.monroenews.com/news/20160730/blaze-destroys-home-in-south-rockwood

There is some info in the article about what is going on with the county wide radio system and their 'work around' system!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #528 on: August 01, 2016, 09:22:05 AM »

I heard the dispatch for MonroeTown for a rescue call at Mickey D's last night.

A 57 year old man sitting in a red pickup truck having chest pains!!!

Maybe too many trips to Mickey D's over the years?

Hopefully he had been at Taco Bell earlier and he just was having heartburn ;) ;) ;)

I couldn't tell if they transported him or not but sincerely hope he is ok ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #529 on: August 01, 2016, 10:47:00 AM »

Another rescue call for a female (don't think they gave an age) stung 'multiple times' by hornets...

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #530 on: August 01, 2016, 03:24:50 PM »

I heard the dispatch for MonroeTown for a rescue call at Mickey D's last night.

A 57 year old man sitting in a red pickup truck having chest pains!!!

Maybe too many trips to Mickey D's over the years?

Hopefully he had been at Taco Bell earlier and he just was having heartburn ;) ;) ;)

I couldn't tell if they transported him or not but sincerely hope he is ok ;)

Maybe a 'Greaseburger' got lodged in his throat.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #531 on: August 01, 2016, 03:48:14 PM »

Another rescue call for a female (don't think they gave an age) stung 'multiple times' by hornets...

That will do it - as I got stung about 15 times last year and it started causing some difficulty breathing!    (Thank god for benedryl)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #532 on: August 01, 2016, 05:22:41 PM »

The 'population' is considerably less here, now that I smoked 5 big nests with bug spray.  I love to watch them expire....

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #533 on: August 02, 2016, 08:51:12 AM »

Just after 6:30 this morning I heard Frenchtown dispatched for an 86 year old man who had cut his hand on a table saw. 

I'm guessing he was just trying to get an early start on a hot day of work.  I guess I'll be happy if I'm just up and going at 6:30 am when I'm 86...

much less working on the table saw already!!!

Very good chance he's on blood thinner so that can make it bad...   the good part is he wasn't very far from the fire station!

Hope he's doing well. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #534 on: August 02, 2016, 09:38:18 PM »

I remember my dad loosing 3 fingers on a table saw.  I was standing there and they just came right off and laid on the saw table...  he got them reattached but they never worked right.  He never used that was again...  but I did.  I keep my fingers away from any saw blade.  That blade has no feelings...

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #535 on: August 03, 2016, 05:43:59 PM »

It's sounding like they finally have the countywide fire radio system back up and running.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #536 on: August 04, 2016, 01:01:42 PM »

I remember my dad loosing 3 fingers on a table saw.  I was standing there and they just came right off and laid on the saw table...  he got them reattached but they never worked right.  He never used that was again...  but I did.  I keep my fingers away from any saw blade.  That blade has no feelings...

I spent 40 years working with table saws and Radial arm saws and I've cut the tips of five of my fingers over that time in 4 different incidents. Never cut one off though. Lots of stitches.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #537 on: August 05, 2016, 01:44:51 AM »

I spent 40 years working with table saws and Radial arm saws and I've cut the tips of five of my fingers over that time in 4 different incidents. Never cut one off though. Lots of stitches.

I remember seeing a while ago an invention that stopped the blade instantly if you got a digit in it, then it vanished, I wonder what became of it?

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #538 on: August 05, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »

Same here.  I think i saw the video where they were using a hot dog to simulate a finger and the saw stopped. A little leery of that one.
I worked with a guy that cut a thumb off with a circular saw.  He said it didn't hurt at the time.
Another guy i knew had a circular saw kick back that he was using on a wall overhead and it tore up his face pretty bad.
They always saw stuff runs in three's.  I haven't touched a saw since.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #539 on: August 05, 2016, 05:26:33 PM »

My shop teacher in high school was telling us to be careful not to stick your fingers into a running planer. As he was talking he demonstrated what not to do and cut the tips off of three fingers.
I don't remember if Tiny was in my class but he may remember it.
Mav
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 49   Go Up