MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Media & Entertainment > I heard the strangest call on the scanner!

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Down

Author Topic: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!  (Read 46183 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: I heard the strangest call on the scanner!
« Reply #705 on: September 11, 2018, 06:53:51 AM »

As my alarm was going off in one ear this morning the scanner was chattering in the other ear.

A motorcycle vs. deer crash just south of Sterns on Secor.  The rider ended up not being critically injured but it obviously could have been a lot worse. 

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2018, 11:05:45 AM »

The MCRC somehow managed to rupture a natural gas line along Spalding Road this morning.  Now Frenchtown is having to call and request that they bring barricades out and close the road so FD can leave while they wait for MGU to shut down the gas leak?

I would hope that the MCRC had called Miss Dig before they started their work.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #707 on: September 12, 2018, 07:37:16 PM »

1241 E Elm...   I think that's where they're tearing down the homes adjacent to the battlefield park.

Looters in the home and cut the tubes to the outside AC unit and a large amount of freon is leaking out. 

I'm guessing by the time FD gets there the freon will be long gone.  PD just arrived so maybe they'll at least catch the culprits. 

I'm thinking back and don't ever remember hearing a freon call much less being dispatched to one.  A major freon leak inside could be a big problem but outside it's going to dissipate pretty fast.  Goes up and causes the hole in the ozone layer. 

There may be some oil or compressor lube on the ground but typically there won't be much of it and it isn't particularly any more hazardous than any small oil leak.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48]   Go Up