MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Can you read your dog's facial expressions?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can you read your dog's facial expressions?  (Read 975 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Can you read your dog's facial expressions?
« on: March 22, 2013, 12:48:03 PM »

I can easily with the big red dog... she's been here a long time though...  our black lab is a little more difficult, but I never did connect with him like I have with the BRD...  the black one was grown when he came here...   and our daughter's dog that we're 'grand dog sitting' for I have a lot of trouble reading some of his thoughts although my wife seems to do better with him...   maybe it's the 'cross gender' thing working ;) ;) ;)

And sometimes I can even tell what some of the cats are thinking ;D ;D ;D

Anyway, here are a couple of articles on the topic:

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/smartnews/2013/03/people-can-accurately-read-dogs-facial-expressions/

http://www.popsci.com/science/article/2013-03/dogs-facial-expressions-betray-his-emotions-and-people-can-read-them-book

I'm pretty sure she's saying "don't leave me out here too long" or maybe even "make mine pastrami on rye":

And I thought of the Fuzz trying to learn his new Sadie's faces...

Fuzz, have I ever mentioned I have an 'old friend' that had a shepherd named Sadie...

anyway, for both the Sadie dogs I know of:

I love the one on the lower right...   that is absolutely "Fuzz, wtf are you doing now" :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Can you read your dog's facial expressions?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:11 PM »

I can read my Golden's.

She just got me up from a nap.  Now I am up and she is snoozing on the floor.

Go figure.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1]   Go Up