MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Support & Feature Requests (Moderator: Administration) > Login question

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Login question  (Read 2686 times)

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
Login question
« on: March 25, 2013, 11:07:04 AM »

Can anyone tell me why I can stay logged in on my tablets, but it will not stay logged-in on the PC?    When I sign-in I always check the "always stay logged in" box, but it doesn't seem to work.   Am I missing something?

Thanks!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Login question
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

Generally whenever you have a question like that you need to add what computer you're running, Mac or PC,  the browser, the version etc.

If it's a PC does it do it the same different browsers...  Chrome, FireFox, IE...  whatever...  and the versions too...  that let's the techies need to sort things out usually...

I'm guessing your issue is you have your computer set to not accept cookies and the login works off stored cookies I'm guessing...  but I'm far from a techie.

You should be able to set your security to accept cookies from MT and reject all others :)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 11:17:18 AM »

Works on my PC, maybe it is because the site will only recognize one piece of hardware from one IP address.  Hell, I don't know.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 11:43:23 AM »

Thanks for the replies, guys.   I think you are onto something BRD.   It seems to stay logged in through IE (which I never use), but not Firefox.   Now I suspect it may have something to do with the Adblock Plus I use on FF.   I did look at Adblock page, but am not sure what I can change there so I will leave it alone.    (I could "disable on monroetalks" or "disable on this page only", but I'm not sure if that is what I need).

Anyway.......it's just an annoyance that I was curious about and I appreciate your input.   

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 02:14:22 PM »

Thanks for the replies, guys.   I think you are onto something BRD.   It seems to stay logged in through IE (which I never use), but not Firefox.   Now I suspect it may have something to do with the Adblock Plus I use on FF.   I did look at Adblock page, but am not sure what I can change there so I will leave it alone.    (I could "disable on monroetalks" or "disable on this page only", but I'm not sure if that is what I need).

Anyway.......it's just an annoyance that I was curious about and I appreciate your input.
Just thought I'd mention that I too use FireFox with Adblock plus and whenever I close the MT page without logging out, I find I'm still logged in whenever I revisit...but I only use my desktop to access MT so maybe your issue has something to do with the changing mac address between the tablet and PC.

Although I sort of thought the only address visible to the site would be the one on the router which is used to share internet access among the various appliances/computers on your network...maybe not.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 02:25:27 PM »

Appreciate your input. FF!  I rarely logout whether on PC or tablet, but I may have to play around a bit to figure this out.  I always like an onteresting challenge  8*

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 03:33:17 PM »

"ontresting" challenge........is that a sex position I have never heard of?

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 04:03:56 PM »

"ontresting" challenge........is that a sex position I have never heard of?

;D   Can't think of any better excuse for the word.   

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 05:05:15 PM »

LMAO.....sorry, couldn't resist!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 05:55:24 PM »

LMAO.....sorry, couldn't resist!

No problem.  If I ever need something properly proofread, I will post it here first.   :)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 07:50:11 PM »

This should walk you through what you need to do Skittelroo...

at the top you can set your OS info and Firefox version:

http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/block-websites-storing-site-preferences

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 08:11:21 PM »

Thanks a lot, BRD.   I think my brain is fried tonight, I can't seem to concentrate on any more work.   I will check it out tomorrow, for sure!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2013, 08:13:36 PM »

Thanks a lot, BRD.   I think my brain is fried tonight, I can't seem to concentrate on any more work.   I will check it out tomorrow, for sure!

I prefer to tackle that kind of stuff in the morning with a cup of coffee...

good luck ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 03:53:31 PM »

Attn Moderator...

I received this email this morning from charcoal, a long time member.  I did reply and told charcoal I had no idea how to do what is needed.  If someone could help I'm sure it would be appreciated:

I am sorry to bother you but i have been trying to get on mt but no matter what i do i cant even get in to change my password my son has multiple sclerosis and i have ms foundation backing me up but im having a fundraiser outside of walmart on april 11  all proceeds go to ms because they are in stage three of repairing the milan in the system to help people with ms  we are hoping in time to help my son who is now in the progressive stage   but i wanted to ask mters if possible to donate some kind of bake goods on that day we will also have ms bracelets etc     do you know how i can get in so i can do this  i have sent for email to change password but it never goes through  thank you charcoal

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 03:55:24 PM »

It double posted...   I can't delete the post but I can take everything out that I posted ;) ;) ;)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 03:57:01 PM by BigRedDog »
Pages: [1]   Go Up