MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Getting Started & Site News > Spam posts

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Spam posts  (Read 3925 times)

Administration

• Web Developer
  • Administrator
  • Hero Talker
    • MonroeTalks.com
Spam posts
« on: May 08, 2013, 04:41:38 PM »

We updated to a new version of SMF forum software today. Each time we update, there is some clean up we have to do with added modifications that need to be re-enabled.  One of them, is a registration tool (CAPTCHA), that keeps spammers from registering.  We forgot to do this update and in a matter of minutes, spam bots* registered and posted to the site. 

We are fixing this now, no more spambots should be able to register.  Thanks to users that reported it, we were able to jump on it fast.   

*Spam bots are computer generated crawlers that are programmed to seek out and spam forums. They do not gain access to any portion of the site, they simply are built to register and post spam to forums that do not have added security layers to keep them out.   
MonroeTalks.com Administration

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Spam posts
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:55:13 AM »

Looks like you must have missed a 'sleeper' :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:10:15 AM »

A busy sleeper at that.....wow, that's the worst invasion I've seen since being a member here.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 07:30:26 AM »

A busy sleeper at that.....wow, that's the worst invasion I've seen since being a member here.

There was another one earlier this week that showed up in the middle of the day after they'd completed and upgrade...  in that few minutes before they could get the spam bots blocked one managed to get through and did a blast!  This one looks to me like they could have been individually entered...  they were about 7 minutes apart and they were on here for a few hours.

I do have to admit though... 

some of it was more interesting reading than what some of the posters have been putting up lately :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:38:59 AM »

LOL, yea, I'll agree with that statement.

Getting harder and harder to maintain interest in the forum I'm sorry to say.  Starting to remind me more and more of a Senate hearing committee on CSPAN with Democrat and Republican members divided and going after each other.

It's kind of like not trying to watch a train wreck though, I still peak into the political threads and see civility at its finest.   ;D

The place just ain't as much fun as it used to be.  Guess all good things run their course over time.....except for, well, never mind.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »

Fuzz speaks the truth.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:58:07 AM »

The place just ain't as much fun as it used to be.  Guess all good things run their course over time.....except for, well, never mind.

Maybe someone should start the "fun" and others will jump on.... err..... in!  ;) ;) ;)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »

I'm not sure how to spark that fun......I think some of the topics I would post may be against the TOS.....spitter or swallower, on top versus on bottom, have you ever tried one of those swings, how many twosomes or threesomes have you participated in.  I have several others, but thought I could slip this one past the admin.

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 07:07:00 PM »

Fuzz speaks the truth.

Yep, sadly .... and I haven't had an exciting thing to add lately.  Now if you want to talk Jodi Arias, autopsy photos, and kinky phone sex I might be able to post.  Sorry, but I admit to having a crime fetish.   :o

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »

LOL....the Dundee Mafia Momma speaks out!

Kinky phone sex?  Cool!

Skittelroo

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 07:22:13 PM »

LOL....the Dundee Mafia Momma speaks out!

Kinky phone sex?  Cool!

Yep, and pics to boot!   Nothing will shock me now!

Off to pick up the new PC---- darned Windows 8 @&$!=#%

LATER!   ;D
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:24:31 PM by Skittelroo »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2013, 07:42:02 PM »

What is it about a camera or video recorder that just brings out the best in some women?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2013, 06:04:16 AM »

I'm not sure how to spark that fun......I think some of the topics I would post may be against the TOS.....spitter or swallower, on top versus on bottom, have you ever tried one of those swings, how many twosomes or threesomes have you participated in.  I have several others, but thought I could slip this one past the admin.

Well, I'm going to fall back to an analogy my S2 Captain suggested to me along similar lines Fuzz...

As I've mentioned before on here I made a startling discovery soon after arriving in Germany that the cute little blonde at the guesthouse was well under the 'legal' age however since thy have no minimum age for drinking she could sit and put 'em down with the best of 'the boys'....

As I pondered getting to know 'Christel' a little better vs. the thought of ending up in Mannhiem (the US Army detention center in our part of Germany) the good captain asked me...

Well, how much fun are you having now (compared to what Fuzz mentioned about this forum losing it's fun atmosphere...  my reply, "none"...

and his 2nd question, "well how much fun would you be having in Mannheim?"...

and of course there was only one obvious answer...  "NONE!"...

which is how much fun The Fuzz would be having on here if the Admins gave him the boot ;) ;) ;)

and the good Captain summed it up quickly...

"Well, then I don't see where you have anything to lose" :o :o :o

This was the good Captain Level...   when you met him he would clarify his last name by saying "Level, spelled the same frontwards or backwards and I'm always completely on the level."...  funny that 44 years later I can still remember his name when I've forgotten many of the others 8) 8) 8)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2013, 06:08:56 AM »

;) ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2013, 06:26:27 AM »

;) ;D

;) ;) ;)

Anyway, I wish you the best while you ponder your decision Fuzz...

I've been getting busier and busier with some things in my personal life lately.  Also have to do some work on my business model...  times are changing and if I don't change...  well, you know what happens eventually.  So, I need to take some time off here to work on all that.  I'll still be watching the history thread and maybe posting there once in a while but I'm afraid going to slack off some on the rest of the topics for the summer anyway!

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up