MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Is your Pet smarter than the local Politicians?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is your Pet smarter than the local Politicians?  (Read 2243 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Is your Pet smarter than the local Politicians?
« on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:00 PM »

MEXICO CITY (AP) — This mayoral hopeful in Mexico promises to eat, sleep most of the day and donate his leftover litter to fill potholes.

#Morris, a black-and-white kitten with orange eyes, is running for mayor of Xalapa in eastern Mexico with the campaign slogan "Tired of Voting for Rats? Vote for a Cat." And he is attracting tens of thousands of politician-weary, two-legged supporters on social media.

#"He sleeps almost all day and does nothing, and that fits the profile of a politician," said 35-year-old office worker Sergio Chamorro, who adopted the 10-month-old feline last year.

#Put forth as a candidate by Chamorro and a group of friends after they became disillusioned with the empty promises of politicians, Morris' candidacy has resonated across Mexico, where citizens frustrated with human candidates are nominating their pets and farm animals to run in July 7 elections being held in 14 states.

#Also running for mayor are "Chon the Donkey" in the border city of Ciudad Juarez, "Tina the Chicken" in Tepic, the capital of the Pacific coast state of Nayarit, "Maya the Cat" in the city of Puebla and "Tintan the Dog" in Oaxaca City, though their campaigns are not as well organized as that of Morris.

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2013/jun/16/morris-cat-runs-mayor-mexican-city/?in-other-news
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Is your Pet smarter than the local Politicians?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2013, 07:51:25 AM »

Well we have a total of 4 dogs and 4 cats and they all have varying levels of intelligence but I have no doubt each and every one of them is much smarter than any of our local politicians...

in fact I have a box of agates from the shore of Lake Superior and I'd say they probably surpass most of our local politicians on a good day.

Thanks for posting this MN 8) 8) 8)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2013, 07:54:10 AM »

In fact I've been trying to trap a couple of woodchucks out by the barn and I'd say they're probably smarter than the cumulative knowledge of all the politicians in southeast Michigan 8* 8* 8*
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2013, 07:57:08 AM »

In fact I've been trying to trap a couple of woodchucks out by the barn and I'd say they're probably smarter than the cumulative knowledge of all the politicians in southeast Michigan 8* 8* 8*

I hear you.  They woodchucks are harder to pin down then getting a straight answer out of a politician.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2013, 01:11:02 PM »

I hear you.  They woodchucks are harder to pin down then getting a straight answer out of a politician.

Patience pays off...

finally got one...

at least one more to go though :( :( :(

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2013, 01:27:45 PM »

Fry that up and it would be called lunch from down here where I'm at.

I have one, maybe two, out by the river bank.  I'm afraid they may create a "sink hole" up in my yard like it appears one did at my neighbors place.

Where you taking them too BRD?

And I may want to borrow that from you sometime if you don't mind.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2013, 01:36:45 PM »

Fry that up and it would be called lunch from down here where I'm at.

I have one, maybe two, out by the river bank.  I'm afraid they may create a "sink hole" up in my yard like it appears one did at my neighbors place.

Where you taking them too BRD?

And I may want to borrow that from you sometime if you don't mind.

We've been taking them out by your house...

not sure I want to loan you my traps...

you'd probably just bring the back full ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2013, 01:40:43 PM »

Touche....LMFAO!

Fine then.....I won't let you borrow my trap,,,which BTW looks like I got lucky in bringing it down here with me.

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 01:51:18 PM »

Touche....LMFAO!

Fine then.....I won't let you borrow my trap,,,which BTW looks like I got lucky in bringing it down here with me.

OK, ok...

we'll trade for a week or two!

I use peaches and soybeans for bait...

what do you use ??? ??? ??? 8* 8* 8* ;D ;D ;D

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 02:00:35 PM »

$20 bills rolled in small wads.

Baggins

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2013, 09:49:15 AM »

$20 bills rolled in small wads.

Lmao
"Praise not the day until evening has come,
 A sword until it is tried,
 A maiden until she is married,
 Ice until it has been crossed,
 Beer until it has been drunk!" - (Viking proverb)

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2013, 11:10:15 PM »

Oh man, I laughed so hard my stomach hurts.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up