MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Troubling rise in shooting of police

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Troubling rise in shooting of police  (Read 8183 times)

JustMe

• Veteran Talker
Re: Troubling rise in shooting of police
« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »

#178  Police Officer Frank E. Smith

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2007, 04:36:05 PM »

#178  Police Officer Frank E. Smith

May he and all the rest in 2007 rest in peace.

Matt (formerly ML)

• Hero Talker
« Reply #62 on: January 01, 2008, 01:28:11 AM »

Balko: Just How Dangerous Is Police Work?
http://www.theagitator.com/2007/12/28/how-dangerous-is-police-work/

McElroy: Tasers and Police Who 'Serve & Protect'... Themselves:
http://www.zetetics.com/mac/news.php?extend.1267

If a "citizen" witnesses a crime, say, a fatal beating, and ignores it, and that can make him an accessory to the crime, shouldn't that apply to police as well?

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #63 on: January 01, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »

Balko: Just How Dangerous Is Police Work?

McElroy: Tasers and Police Who 'Serve & Protect'... Themselves:

If a "citizen" witnesses a crime, say, a fatal beating, and ignores it, and that can make him an accessory to the crime, shouldn't that apply to police as well?

Great stuff and at least some of the Presidential candidates support decriminalization of marijuana which would be a step in the right direction

The harsh sentences primarily caused by the increase the penalty advocates, beyond the initial police street justice, should have been addressed as well plus the installation of parole boards that refuse to release unless the maximum time has been completed figures into the whole equation.

Law enforcement has been turning more militaristic for some time now and judging by the comments on that site….others have noticed as well.

I’ll bet my post will be attacked more than the actual story and I fully expect the cheerleaders to call me a “cop hater” again plus the usual “don’t call us when you need help.”

And to the cops that would like to beat me up…..you guys shouldn’t be cops so I hope your denials (lies) and violent disposition comes back to haunt you.

A recent article (http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/07/12/10/lang.htm) by Ted Lang in The Price of Liberty was entitled "America in crisis -- increasing police violence." Lang writes, How did we 'progress' from a 'protect and serve' mentality to one where every American citizen is a criminal until the citizen-victim proves otherwise under taser torturing, physical beatings, and outright life-threatening assault by police? How did we go from an 'innocent until proven guilty' foundation to the current government attitude of guilty until proven innocent? The police mindset has been transformed into a new version of 'us [the police] versus them' [every citizen in America ]! The causes for this hatred by all levels of police for America 's citizens can be attributed to four factors. The first factor is technology. Police are now able and capable of using monumental technology against their new-found enemy, the American people. Second, police across America at all levels have been unified by federal money, benefits, equipment and reward-producing initiatives provided by Washington , DC . Third, the mindset created by Cheney-Bush utilizing 9/11 and the success of Clinton 's Waco massacre; everyone in America should be, and WILL be, considered a terrorist, or at least an 'enemy combatant,' until convincingly proved to be otherwise. ... finally, government's never-ending progressive need for control, more control, and still more control of its subjects.

This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

A Reasonable Person

• Hero Talker
« Reply #64 on: January 01, 2008, 07:38:58 PM »

I started this thread to shed light on the increased number of police deaths in the year 2007.  The thread has gotten off track by claiming that the reason for the rise is because police are too mean.  ML posted a link to an article that said that a good percentage of deaths were due to car accidents.  That is true.  However if you read the circumstances of those car accidents 95% of them happend while the police were enroute to assist a citizen in need or responding to a crime in progress.

Here is a break down of all the 179 officers killed:
http://www.odmp.org/year.php?year=2007&Submit=Go
Click the link to read each and every case, the site provides a brief synopsis detailing the circumstances around the death.

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 179
9/11 related illness: 5
Accidental: 3
Aircraft accident: 3
Animal related: 1
Automobile accident: 47
Boating accident: 1
Bomb: 5
Drowned: 3
Exposure to toxins: 1
Fall: 2
Gunfire: 63
Gunfire (Accidental): 4
Heart attack: 7
Heat exhaustion: 1
Motorcycle accident: 5
Struck by vehicle: 9
Vehicle pursuit: 6
Vehicular assault: 11
Weather/Natural disaster: 2

Skippy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #65 on: January 01, 2008, 08:47:19 PM »

I started this thread to shed light on the increased number of police deaths in the year 2007.  The thread has gotten off track by claiming that the reason for the rise is because police are too mean.  ML posted a link to an article that said that a good percentage of deaths were due to car accidents.  That is true.  However if you read the circumstances of those car accidents 95% of them happend while the police were enroute to assist a citizen in need or responding to a crime in progress.

Here is a break down of all the 179 officers killed:
http://www.odmp.org/year.php?year=2007&Submit=Go
Click the link to read each and every case, the site provides a brief synopsis detailing the circumstances around the death.

Total Line of Duty Deaths: 179
9/11 related illness: 5
Accidental: 3
Aircraft accident: 3
Animal related: 1
Automobile accident: 47
Boating accident: 1
Bomb: 5
Drowned: 3
Exposure to toxins: 1
Fall: 2
Gunfire: 63
Gunfire (Accidental): 4
Heart attack: 7
Heat exhaustion: 1
Motorcycle accident: 5
Struck by vehicle: 9
Vehicle pursuit: 6
Vehicular assault: 11
Weather/Natural disaster: 2

You're always going to get that from those two. I just choose to ignore their posts when it comes to stuff like that.

Prophet of Doom

• Super Talker
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »

My wife's great great grandfather was a monroe cop who was killed in the line of duty in a car crash while enroute to a call and as he lay dying on dixie highway, the perps stripped him of his watch, wedding ring, wallet.

Boylanjl

• Hero Talker
  • xxx
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2008, 05:49:52 PM »

My wife's great great grandfather was a monroe cop who was killed in the line of duty in a car crash while enroute to a call and as he lay dying on dixie highway, the perps stripped him of his watch, wedding ring, wallet.

Thats just a shame.   May he rest in peace.

JustMe

• Veteran Talker
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2008, 09:03:15 PM »

#1 for 2008, Corporal Courtney G. Brooks, Maryland
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up