MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Parenting > Cooking classes for kids?

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cooking classes for kids?  (Read 1919 times)

pam

• Hero Talker
Cooking classes for kids?
« on: July 19, 2013, 01:03:54 PM »

Most of my kids are involved in sport activities (three of my boys play summer ball and my one daughter does dance), but my oldest daughter doesn't really like sports. That's fine, but I'd like to find a class that interests her. She's 8 yrs old and loves to watch Food Network. I saw that the Frog Leg Inn had been offering a cooking camp for kids, but it was only for 2 hrs a day over 3 days. I'd like to find something a little more ongoing...kind of like the Community Education programs or classes offered by the YMCA and rec centers. Does anyone know of a place that offers classes for kids?

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
Re: Cooking classes for kids?
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2013, 03:35:11 PM »

.my daughter took the fundamentals classes at MCCC....I think the Frog Leg Inn taught these....she really enjoyed it and learned a lot....but it is short term.....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »

Have her get involved in 4-H  :)   I won a blue ribbon for my Apple Pie many years ago! 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2013, 03:54:55 PM »

.my daughter took the fundamentals classes at MCCC....I think the Frog Leg Inn taught these....she really enjoyed it and learned a lot....but it is short term.....

I just received a tweet from the MEN with a link to a YouTube on the classes at the Frog Leg...

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »

One of my friends that I fish with up North has a place up there with just a knock out kitchen, and he knows how to use it.

He is from an Italian family and him, his sister, and younger brother took advanced level cooking classes just for enjoyment.

The evening meals are just unbelievable. 

I do ok....probably better than most men, but I enjoy cooking.  Wish I had taken a few classes, but I have a watchful eye out the entire time my buddy prepares his meals.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up