MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Something is possibly bad wrong West of Town on North Custer

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something is possibly bad wrong West of Town on North Custer  (Read 523 times)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!

Saw one ambulance leave from the fire station across the river, then a few minutes later a fire truck, then a few minutes later another ambulance.  Lots of sirens heading that way.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

MM1

• Hero Talker
Re: Something is possibly bad wrong West of Town on North Custer
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 07:57:02 PM »

We live in an area near a firestation . . . . and whenever the trucks and rescues and volunteers blaze past with lights and sirens blaring . . . . it always makes my heart stop and immediately wonder where my loved ones are.     

Hope all is well. 

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2013, 08:05:06 PM »

Yea, ya kinda get used to it but today's was much more active.  One ambulance just returned with sirens on heading towards the hospital I suppose.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

MM1

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 08:50:17 PM »

I know what you mean when you say you can tell something different from the "typical" run.

There are those certain runs that stop you right in your tracks.

I hope everybody's ok when it's all said and done.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »

Saw one ambulance leave from the fire station across the river, then a few minutes later a fire truck, then a few minutes later another ambulance.  Lots of sirens heading that way.

I believe I heard that on the scanner...   well, at least about that timeframe this is what I heard.

Rescue call in an area of Frenchtown that is closer to the west side City of Monroe fire station than it is to the closest Frenchtown station (intersection of Stewart and Bluebush Roads) which happens to be an unmanned station.  Under the current mutual aid agreement between the City and Frenchtown central now dispatches both departments for a high priority call (I honestly don't remember the details of the call or even the address...  just that it was 'off of' N. Custer).  So, there was probably an MCA ambulance sitting at the westside station (fortunate for the victim in this case probably) and the you saw the city unit leave and then probably a couple of units from Frenchtown responding or in some cases a 2nd MCA unit might respond.  It's difficult at times to distinguish between an ambulance and a rescue vehicle from one of the fire departments.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.

I was at a meeting early this morning and noticed it on the way home.  It didn't look like a cloud but was much darker like it had a lot of black smoke in it.  I couldn't see where it originated but it was stretched across the sky from what looked like it could be Lambertville as far north as Maybee maybe (no, I did not stutter) ;) ;) ;)

Not a tall or thick cloud but long and skinny.  I'm thinking a fire from somewhere west of here :-\ :-\ :-\
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: [1]   Go Up