MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Health > GMO's... Good or bad?

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: GMO's... Good or bad?  (Read 29267 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: GMO's... Good or bad?
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2013, 11:40:47 PM »

I guess time will tell, whether GMO's ever will harm humans.

Quite honestly, I think this world has a lot more serious problems.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #61 on: September 02, 2013, 10:00:33 AM »

I guess time will tell, whether GMO's ever will harm humans.

Quite honestly, I think this world has a lot more serious problems.

I agree - like people dying of starvation.

I am pretty sure they would "risk" eating a GMO.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Dan Hamilton

• Super Talker
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2013, 10:59:32 AM »

I agree - like people dying of starvation.

I am pretty sure they would "risk" eating a GMO.

People dying of thirst would also drink salt water or even motor oil.

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #63 on: September 02, 2013, 12:36:29 PM »

I don't have enough understanding of GMO's to advocate one way or the other but do want to say that I am enjoying reading both sides - thanks. 

But if someone can explain why my cucumbers sucked so much this year I would appreciate it!  LOL . . .
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #64 on: September 02, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »

People dying of thirst would also drink salt water or even motor oil.

Huh? 

Do you really believe that? 

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #65 on: September 02, 2013, 12:59:27 PM »

I don't have enough understanding of GMO's to advocate one way or the other but do want to say that I am enjoying reading both sides - thanks. 

But if someone can explain why my cucumbers sucked so much this year I would appreciate it!  LOL . . .

A lot of the vegetables in this area were not very good this year because of the excessive rain.  Tomatoes suffered from Blossom End Rot, and had little flavor.  The same was true with other vegetables... depending on the soil where they were growing.  A lot of the crops were yellower than usual.  That's because the rain leached a lot of the nitrogen away.

The one exception to that is soybeans.  They produce their own nitrogen.  They just need heat, water, and some potassium and phosphorus (and some other micronutrients).  Most soybeans are very dark green this year.  Almost a bluish green.  Beans should yield high in this area.

Dan Hamilton

• Super Talker
« Reply #66 on: September 02, 2013, 01:45:04 PM »

Huh? 

Do you really believe that?

When you are hungry (or thirsty) you'd be surprised at what some people will do. People who survived a plane crash ate the people who died.

So my question is, Why don't you believe it?

MorningStar

• Active Talker
« Reply #67 on: September 02, 2013, 02:17:09 PM »

You are a "Class Act" Dan Hamilton! You debate your opinion without trying to "bully" and manipulate and get your way. Too bad a few of the other MT posters do not follow your lead, as it would, surely, elevate MT to a much more respectable and enjoyable forum.  I have enjoyed your posts on this subject matter.  They can say what they want, however, I will continue to purchase NON Gmo products as much as possible. I am tired of the Greed in this Country - no matter what harm these products may bring to humans. I am confident the GMO laden foods will go the way of China products that have been forced upon us - we are now seeing more and more USA made products in the stores - and without all the harmful chemicals.

I'm sorry Live, I see now that with my prior post I have fallen into the trap of attacking my opponent rather than debating the issue, which in turn caused you to do the same.

Again, I apologize.

Do I believe the stories I post? I believe that there are people that do not want those GM products. I am one of them.

Do I believe that no European Farmers will buy that seed? No, of course not. But I do believe that informing people of the possible problems that these GMO's may create is the prudent thing to do.

As far as the picture that you found, I believe that is a sword that cuts both ways. You may want to thing about that yourself.

As far as this topic goes, I believe that all the useful debating is done, and that from here on out there would be nothing more than the vicious free for all that occurs in any other topic that is debated here.

I bid you good day, and happy posting.

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #68 on: September 02, 2013, 02:20:22 PM »

When you are hungry (or thirsty) you'd be surprised at what some people will do. People who survived a plane crash ate the people who died.

So my question is, Why don't you believe it?

Because it is common knowledge that drinking sea water will get you sick at least, possibly kill you.  It is also common knowledge that drinking motor oil will kill you.

People who eat humans to survive after a plane crash were not risking their lives - they were saving them.  They didn't drink the engine oil - they ate meat to survive.  Big difference.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2013, 02:25:21 PM »

Wow.

Comparing a GMO to drinking salt water or motor oil.

Really? 
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2013, 02:27:46 PM »

You are a "Class Act" Dan Hamilton! You debate your opinion without trying to "bully" and manipulate and get your way. Too bad a few of the other MT posters do not follow your lead, as it would, surely, elevate MT to a much more respectable and enjoyable forum.  I have enjoyed your posts on this subject matter.  They can say what they want, however, I will continue to purchase NON Gmo products as much as possible. I am tired of the Greed in this Country - no matter what harm these products may bring to humans. I am confident the GMO laden foods will go the way of China products that have been forced upon us - we are now seeing more and more USA made products in the stores - and without all the harmful chemicals.

Welcome to the discussion, MorningStar.

Who has tried to bully or manipulate to get their way?  Where?

Care to elaborate on your opinion that GMO products will disappear?  What evidence do you have of this?

Of course, it is your right to purchase non-GMO foods all you want.  But you do realize that GM foods of some sort is in almost everything we eat, right?

Also, what USA made products are you referring to, without all the harmful chemicals?

Did you know that GMO's actually reduce (if not eliminate) many chemicals that were used on agricultural products these days?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #71 on: September 02, 2013, 02:32:35 PM »

I am tired of the Greed in this Country - no matter what harm these products may bring to humans. I am confident the GMO laden foods will go the way of China products that have been forced upon us - we are now seeing more and more USA made products in the stores - and without all the harmful chemicals.

I am tired of greed too!

;D

Don't know what that has to do with GMO's.  I think they are about improving crop yields and feeding people.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Will Sweat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #72 on: September 02, 2013, 02:36:21 PM »

Wow.

Comparing a GMO to drinking salt water or motor oil.

Really? 

I think it was a comparison that people will eat them (GMO's) if they are starving and have no choice.  Just as people would consume salt water and urine if they are dehydrated and have no other choice. 
"While we try to teach our childern about life, our childern teach us what life is about"  - Angela Schmidt

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #73 on: September 02, 2013, 02:52:54 PM »

I think it was a comparison that people will eat them (GMO's) if they are starving and have no choice.  Just as people would consume salt water and urine if they are dehydrated and have no other choice.

Will eating a GMO result in death?

That is the insinuation of the comparison.

Hence - I don't find it valid.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #74 on: September 02, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »

I'm willing to try GMO pot seeds next year!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up