MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > 70% of all ground beef sold contains pink slime.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: 70% of all ground beef sold contains pink slime.  (Read 3460 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
Re: 70% of all ground beef sold contains pink slime.
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2012, 02:07:28 AM »

The Kroger hamburger stinks again....I believe they started selling the pink slime again.  >:(

Anybody know how much hamburger is at Danny's?

Did Meijer ever stop selling pink slime?
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/205887/2/Meijer-says-meat-will-be-free-of-pink-slime-in-April
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2012, 10:02:22 AM »

we buy our beef at the Danny's on Elm.....and I can say that their meat DOES taste different from the beef we used to buy at Meijer....as for cost.....I think it's about the same....maybe a little bit higher ....truth be told, unless you buy from a real farmer, all of it probably has stuff we would rather not know about.....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2012, 10:50:19 AM »

It's funny. Someone I know is SOO picky about the meat they eat.  It must be 100% "meat" with no "pieces" in it or funny textures.

But then, they are also grossed out about this pink slime, which is meat with all those "pieces" 100% separated out mechanically.  Which is essentially what I watch her do on her dinner plate as she cuts around all the fat and connective tissue. :)

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2012, 11:54:57 AM »

Someone in the media did a job on the ground beef industry.  Pink slime is not a big deal if you read about it.  It is all beef that is separated from bone and fat and reintroduced into the ground beef product.

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »

Someone in the media did a job on the ground beef industry.  Pink slime is not a big deal if you read about it.  It is all beef that is separated from bone and fat and reintroduced into the ground beef product.

Yeah I don't see the big deal either.  The antimicrobial NH4 treatment they use is also used in pudding and baked good industries.  So besides the gross factor i'm not sure what everyone is scared of.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2012, 03:41:52 AM »

Yeah I don't see the big deal either.  The antimicrobial NH4 treatment they use is also used in pudding and baked good industries.  So besides the gross factor i'm not sure what everyone is scared of.
It smells bad...and the texture is somewhat creamy....not at all appetizing to me.

On the bright side...more people shying away means less demand....and that should mean lower prices for you. So please enjoy all you want.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

NewDawn

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2012, 07:36:27 PM »

The Kroger hamburger stinks again....I believe they started selling the pink slime again.  >:(

Anybody know how much hamburger is at Danny's?

Did Meijer ever stop selling pink slime?
http://www.wzzm13.com/news/article/205887/2/Meijer-says-meat-will-be-free-of-pink-slime-in-April

Around the 4th of July I bought several pounds of the Angus ground chuck that Meijer had on sale and it was very good.

marilyn.monroe

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2012, 08:49:19 PM »

Gross me the heck out. Slimey profiteers can eat their own frankenfoods.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: July 27, 2012, 04:04:05 PM »

Around the 4th of July I bought several pounds of the Angus ground chuck that Meijer had on sale and it was very good.
Thanks! My wife just returned from Meijer with some of that Angus. She thought the 75% ground chuck looked better...(later she "pinker" which may be just the dye)....but ultimately she chose the Angus...and boy I'm sure glad she did....it smells great, is tender, and tastes great! She paid $2.99 a pound. (the 75% was the same price) She's considering running back for more. Thanks again!

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2013, 02:02:22 PM »

Well we tried the hamburger at Danny's...stinks when being cooked just like the pink slime stuff we bought elsewhere. But I love their ribs.

Disgusting Pink Slime Served In School Lunches

"The controversial ground beef caused a media firestorm last year, and when given a choice for the first time, schools in most states opted out of ground beef with this component for their school lunches. But this year, meals that are generally more expensive to produce may be behind wider tolerance for the product. Seven states, four more than last year, have put in orders for millions of pounds of meat that might contain pink slime, Pro Agriculture reports: "As schools across the country grapple with tight budgets, some are changing their minds and accepting the lower-price alternative product that brings down the price of the food they serve."

Disgusting Pink Slime Served In School Lunches

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up