MonroeTalks.com > Categories > News > Washington Redskins....... Obama says change the name.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Washington Redskins....... Obama says change the name.  (Read 352 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Washington Redskins....... Obama says change the name.
« on: October 05, 2013, 11:56:36 AM »

WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Barack Obama says that if he owned the Washington Redskins, he would "think about changing" the team name, wading into the controversy over a football nickname that many people deem offensive to Native Americans.

Obama, in an interview with The Associated Press, said team names like the Redskins offend "a sizable group of people." He said that while fans get attached to the nicknames, nostalgia may not be a good enough reason to keep them in place.

"I don't know whether our attachment to a particular name should override the real legitimate concerns that people have about these things," he said in the interview, which was conducted Friday.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_REDSKINS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-10-05-10-21-17

In the middle of a Government shutdown.....  Obama is worried about Political Correctness.

The man is not a leader.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
Re: Washington Redskins....... Obama says change the name.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:38:32 PM »

Sheesh!   8*

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 05:14:43 PM »

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_REDSKINS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2013-10-05-10-21-17

In the middle of a Government shutdown.....  Obama is worried about Political Correctness.

The man is not a leader.

He had to cancel yet another trip (vacation) so he has little to keep him occupied......

Personally, I don't believe he has the intellegence to worry about anything.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 12:47:12 AM »

Maybe he wished he had a son that looked like an Indian or something along that line...

Its clear he doesn't know what to do now that he isn't campaigning for anything.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SMASH

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 06:29:02 PM »

The owner of the team is doing the right thing. Telling everyone complaining to get bent!

Who is next the Florida State Seminoles?
The Kansas City Chiefs?

Just more PC BS.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2013, 07:02:49 PM »

My goodness, Obama's call for the name change is about as ridiculous as the folks making this a political correctness issue.

Atlanta Braves - and every minor league team with the same name
Cleveland Indians
Atlanta Hawks
Golden State Warriors
Chicago Blackhawks
Too many college programs of similar nature

Just one of those things IMO that to waste time and effort on such an issue is silly.

Support the local economy as much as possible!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2013, 11:19:58 PM »

Actually, the name that should be changed is Obama.  But then what really is his name???
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: [1]   Go Up