MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Believing in God or a Higher Being


Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Believing in God or a Higher Being  (Read 1308 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

blue2

  • Hero Talker
  • ******
  • Online Online
  • Posts: 11765
Believing in God or a Higher Being
« on: November 18, 2013, 12:30:40 PM »

I saw a Gallop poll yesterday that reflected 90% of Americans are Christain and about the some number believe their is a God and or a Higher Being.  But yet we allow the other 10% to dictate the laws.
Logged

Monroe Native

  • Hero Talker
  • ******
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 21050
Re: Believing in God or a Higher Being
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2013, 09:37:53 PM »

I saw a Gallop poll yesterday that reflected 90% of Americans are Christain and about the some number believe their is a God and or a Higher Being.  But yet we allow the other 10% to dictate the laws.

Of course.

The 90% shouldn't be allowed to force our stupid morality on the 10%.

Instead the 90% should be forced to supply contraceptives and same-sex benefits to the 10%.
Logged
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Tiny

  • Hero Talker
  • ******
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 5948
  • Aw...Nuts
Re: Believing in God or a Higher Being
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2013, 11:29:10 PM »

The Gallop polls were taken in churches?
Logged
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.
Pages: [1]   Go Up