MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > The Monroe County Road Commission; the good, the bad, and the ugly!!!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: The Monroe County Road Commission; the good, the bad, and the ugly!!!  (Read 53209 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: My two latest 'gripes' about the Road Commission!
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 10:14:47 AM »

According to this article from The Blade the Monroe County trees will be chipped.  I wonder if that will be done by the MCRC staff and equipment too ??? ??? ???

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2013/12/27/Tree-disposal-is-sticky-postholiday-decision.html
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2013, 10:17:49 AM »

If I remember right, several years ago when the county upgraded the Sheriff/Fire/Police radio system, didn't we have a similar scenario. A lot of money was spent and then it took a couple years to get it working correctly. And to tell the truth, I'm not sure it's still trouble free.  I'm pretty sure there are still areas with weak signal strength. Maybe it's all the mountains we have within the county.

I think the Lambertville area might be our own little "radio signal black hole.". Scanner can't pick up Toledo City Police and Verizon can't get a phone signal in or out.

The 'important' factor is that the county pay$$$ for the $y$tem and then the department head$ collect their under the table graft :( :( :(

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2013, 10:21:23 AM »

According to this article from The Blade the Monroe County trees will be chipped.  I wonder if that will be done by the MCRC staff and equipment too ??? ??? ???

http://www.toledoblade.com/local/2013/12/27/Tree-disposal-is-sticky-postholiday-decision.html

No.  That place on Dunbar between Telegraph and the tracks will do ot.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2013, 10:23:17 AM »

The 'important' factor is that the county pay$$$ for the $y$tem and then the department head$ collect their under the table graft :( :( :(

Typical government.  That applies up to and including Ovomit.  He's just more open (and arrogant) about it.  He just goes a perpetual vacation...on our dime.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 08:55:21 AM »

No.  That place on Dunbar between Telegraph and the tracks will do ot.

Jack's Lawn Service

I was in there getting some mower parts this summer and he had a chipper shredder he was working on that must have been 40 ft long.  Not sure if it was his or if they were doing the work for someone.

As recently as a few years ago he had a contract with the city to handle their yard waste recycling which they do on some of the Port of Monroe property out along 75. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 09:07:38 AM »

These first few are of the tractor at the scale house on Telegraph Road.  I got out of the car and walked all around it and I would say it hasn't moved in several weeks.

This one eliminated any questions about who this tractor belongs to...  the taxpayers of Monroe County, Michigan!!!

Then we drove another 'long' mile (by road...   a lot closer 'as the crow flies') to the SW corner of Rauch and M125...  here's the other tractor:

When they finally get around to picking this one up they better take an air compressor along 8* 8* 8*

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 09:13:09 AM »

Your tax dollars at work.  8*
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 09:16:29 AM »

Your tax dollars at work.  8*

My wife commented that it almost looked like they'd left the one at the scale house just so anyone with a big trailer could load it up and haul it off to who knows where...   the big tractor chop shop in the sky!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 09:38:00 AM »

Quality maintenance abounds on both....lol

Looks like neither have seen a grease gun in ages, wonder what the oil looks like, on second thought, don't want to know.....

Probably trashed inside too.  I see the tires are in the stages of dry rot.

I see their trucks ocassionally in the shop.  They beat the heck out of them.  Interestingly, they now spec them with Allisons.  Seems as though the employees can't shift a standard or use a clutch, which isn't all bad.  Allisons are bullet proof so long as you change the fluid and filters on schedule, which, I'm pretty sure they don't.....  (just look at the condition of the mower-tractors.)

Probably a little known fact but their plow trucks can't meet the frost law requirements (when in force) in Monroe County.  Too heavy.

That don't matter however because Michigan Frost Laws, in general, are nothing more than a revenue collector, a means for law enforcement extract money from your wallet...like so many other inane laws.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 09:47:57 AM »

Our tax dollars at work!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 09:49:39 AM »

If I remember right, several years ago when the county upgraded the Sheriff/Fire/Police radio system, didn't we have a similar scenario. A lot of money was spent and then it took a couple years to get it working correctly. And to tell the truth, I'm not sure it's still trouble free.  I'm pretty sure there are still areas with weak signal strength. Maybe it's all the mountains we have within the county.

I think the Lambertville area might be our own little "radio signal black hole.". Scanner can't pick up Toledo City Police and Verizon can't get a phone signal in or out.

Actually you are referring to joining the Statewide 800MHz system, and yes at the inception they needed an additional tower - which has since been incorporated, along with one in the Toledo area.

Monroe County elevation in the South part of the county is lower, and thus the radio signals were always a problem "down there"...

I did notice losing my cell signal in the area on my way Christmas shopping last week...   so the cellular coverage likely needs a tower in the area - (I'd be lobbying if I had land)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 09:51:13 AM »

I like Josie the Outlaw's philosophy but in reality, it won't work because I don't like incarceration or jsil cusine.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2013, 09:55:55 AM »

Actually you are referring to joining the Statewide 800MHz system, and yes at the inception they needed an additional tower - which has since been incorporated, along with one in the Toledo area.

Monroe County elevation in the South part of the county is lower, and thus the radio signals were always a problem "down there"...

I did notice losing my cell signal in the area on my way Christmas shopping last week...   so the cellular coverage likely needs a tower in the area - (I'd be lobbying if I had land)

I remember Blue2 commenting on some of the restrictions in Bedford township on cell towers.  Apparently they're being successful in keeping them out of the area. 

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 09:59:42 AM »

When I think of that area, I think of the screwing that a certain Ford dealer got.  Typical small town political BS.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2013, 10:02:29 AM »

When I think of that area, I think of the screwing that a certain Ford dealer got.  Typical small town political BS.

Yes it was!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75   Go Up